NameSilo

It's Official .. Domainers Are Crazy

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by DnEbook, Aug 18, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. DnEbook

DnEbook DataGlasses.Com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Last year I sold a name that at the time I did not think too much of, i was doing plenty of sales as the numeric craze took off. It was quite good fun to be running so many auctions and I was happy enough to go with the NNLL LLLN and LLNN's as well. I had a few that did not move too quickly and decided to do some "get money back listings" Just for cash flow and some fun, I was having a good time. Recently one of the names that I passed on to someone else was still in my hosting account for a re-direct and I noticed it. I thought to myself, bummer I should have kept that one!
    ~
    Well by now you may know what I am building up to, I have twice seen this name that I sold for about $5-$10 listed at Godaddy auctions for a buy now of $129 ....... and yep you guessed it, I re-purchased the name for $120 more than I originally sold it for. Just goes to show ....... Domainers Are a Crazy Bunch !!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. baseballworld

baseballworld Restricted (Market)

Times change and prices change as supply and demand changes. Values fluctuate on certain type of domains all the time.

3. deez007

deez007 The More I Learn The Less I "Know" VIP

We are definitely all batshit crazy .....lol

4. DnEbook

Just a little stubborn on this one I guess

5. Andish

Andish Domain Hunter

NO NO NO, I'm not crazy, I'm just very good at fooling myself :rolleyes:

6. DefinitelyDomains

DefinitelyDomains DefinitelyDomains.com VIP

It's a strange game! :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  7. Andish

Andish Domain Hunter

Ahh, just think of people collecting some strange stuff, like bottle caps or so... We are rational and professional compared to crazy collectors :-D

8. Mr Dobalina

Mr Dobalina Established Member

Crazy is an understatement

9. JudgeMind

JudgeMind BrandAim.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

I thought that guys spending $x,xxx on domain names were crazy when I first started out, said to myself, I'll never do that. A few years later and here I am lol, throwing down $1500 for a single acquisition over and over again, but I now know that these $1500 buys convert relatively easily into high $x,xxx sales and don't take too long to flip. So not sure if I'm crazy but the average joe and my friends sure think I am.

10. infosec3

infosec3 Magazine.gg VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Totally agree... Crazy, but when that craziness is combined with some good knowledge of the industry, it is very rewarding. It is a risk taking attitude that pays off... Congratulations on your many good sales. On a sort of related note, I wonder where a 7N .com I sold here on NamePros for $300+ is now.

11. DnEbook

Well I guess compared to the folk that use facebook instead of a url for their business we are not so crazy, at least we understand the importance of a good brand/address. But if it comes down to collecting names, well all collectors are crazy, no matter what they are collecting

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice