Dynadot

sales IT Company Cumberland Fills the Gap With a 6-Figure Buy That Tops This Week's Domain Sales Chart

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. One of the biggest drivers of high end domain sales are corporate buyers looking to upgrade from their current domains. That was the case again this past week when an Information Technology Company that has been based at CumberlandGroupIT.com spent six figures to acquire Cumberland.com - a purchase that tops our latest weekly all extension Top 20 Sales Chart. We also saw the 2nd biggest non .com gTLD sale of the year to date and a quartet of ccTLDs on the new leader board. You can get all of the details here:
https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2019/20190403.htm

We also reported today in our Lowdown section about a new half-million dollar transaction for CBDOil.com with the buyer, end user Joe Vargas, telling us why he thinks he got a steal of a deal. You can read our in depth interview with Joe here https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2019/dailyposts/20190327.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks and kudos for the lists. Always interesting to see. Nice sale for the Cumberland guy. Too bad so many companies aren't reporting sales on a regular basis. Since Sedo is basically the only big company that reports its sales on a regular basis, Sedo is always dominating the Domain Sales Chart (at least until Uniregistry releases their sales once in a blue moon). Nothing against Sedo (they just sold a domain for me) and they certainly have some nice sales, but it doesn't reflect the big picture.

@Ron Jackson - perhaps you should consider making that more clear in your postings because writing that Sedo swept most of the entries or that Sedo led the .com supporting cast is factually true but it's always this way because they're the only major marketplace sharing the data every week. To visitors/end users who visit DNJournal or newbie domainers it might seem like Sedo is the only big marketplace making big sales when it's just the only big transparent one (and credit to them for that). Anyway... just my two cents' worth. Thanks again for DNJournal and your helpful reports!

Last edited:
•••
A really interesting list with lots of big sales. I know Cumberland as a place name near where I used to live - did not realize companies by that name and a huge sale. The sale of Radio(.)cloud for $25,000 was something I had not heard previously - the Nidoma where it sold is I take it some sort of European auction house? Big sale of CBDclub as well as the huge sale in the lowdown released today. One name way down near the bottom of the list that I find really nice is Price.me.

Thanks as always for your amazing service to the domain community @Ron Jackson! Really liked the feature on the CBDoil sale.

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back