NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is .US dead (??)

Yong1

Established Member
Impact
Is anyone still investing in .US domains?

Has anyone sold any .US domains lately?

Where would you sell them?

Obviously in the .US .com is king too, but I have seen at times .us being used by different companies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Assuming this was done on purpose by wild west domains...I wonder what would be the rationale for allowing the domains to expire... Is it to see where the market is out without having to actually put a domain for sale????

•••
at those prices there's plenty of profit to come from those domain names if not sold for a few years

•••
I checked and these were not all owned originally by the same person. The one who bought most of them had not owned them before, unless he changed his name...

In any event. I got one name out of the huge drop:
Idiots.us

I didn't realize that I could not have a "reserve price", so had to restart auction.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/idiots-us-yes-thats-for-you-too-at-40-we-are-it.950872/

The auction is up again with a buy it now of $100, and a $40 starter.
If you do believe in .US come and show it by bidding ;)

Otherwise it will be idiot.me for buying idiots.us ... LOL

Tx!

•••
Regarding Mi6(.)us, I wouldn't buy it for even $20. The reason is because even if you had a .com, it wont be worth more than $100 max.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Not dead just nice and quiet.

lll names were my best investment so far, paid for evey other name i have aquired, just have to have patience.

Jsst before christmas i recieved the bin on 1 of my (Old) lll names at afternic (which unfortunelty i sold a year before) :( and never removed the name from the account. I sold the name for a little over $1700 and the bin offer was $9988 (that was a "random" bin price as id never expect that but there you go.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Am sure not all of us care about what the
Chinese are doing.

Its just slow but have sold over 100+ .us just of recent

•••
Are these premium lll.us domains?

Not dead just nice and quiet.

lll names were my best investment so far, paid for evey other name i have aquired, just have to have patience.

Jsst before christmas i recieved the bin on 1 of my (Old) lll names at afternic (which unfortunelty i sold a year before) :( and never removed the name from the account. I sold the name for a little over $1700 and the bin offer was $9988 (that was a "random" bin price as id never expect that but there you go.

•••
A few good names,

Abc.us
New.us
Vps.us (sold)
Atv.us
Sql.us
Whs.us
Tox.us
Hay.us

most good combos but not all.

All sales i think were end users through email or sedo.

•••
•••
Just thought it would be interesting to share what the owner of dnjournal thinks of .us.

Well, like many of us, the owner of dnjournal has been the registrant of numerous .us names for a long time. I notice he seems to favor LLL.us names, as many of us do. What's anyone heavily invested in a particular ccTLD going to say about that ccTLD. We going to bash it? Probably not. We'd probably try to put as positive a spin as possible on the current market condition, lest our hopes and dreams of cashing in be all for naught. Considering how DnJournal claims the tagline "The Domain Industry News Magazine," then continually seemingly fails to report extremely worthy domain industry news stories, such as the Adam Dicker controversy chronicled here at Namepros, I personally wouldn't give credence to much of what Ron Jackson has to say about domains, news, or the weather for that matter.

•••
Keep in mind he referred to some letters being better than others.
LOL. whatever. when you undderstand the LLL game, its not about which letters, its about just having them 1st of all and in good quantities. the harder you buy and mine then, the luckier you get.Every end users need is unique so in terms of end user demand, there is no "better" or "worse" letters and combos because what they need is unique and they are willing to pay to have that name.He owns 800 LLL.us at some point so trust me, you dont have all good letter combos when you own that many LLLs in 1 extension.

•••
personally wouldn't give credence to much of what Ron Jackson has to say about domains said:
He knows what he is doing and he has been successful at it. In the video interview posted, he makes disclaimer that is NOT pushing .us, nor has he ever on dnjournal.

•••
@kemjika11
I agree to an extent... but the more common letters used are more likely to be used in a business name. For example, icras are more commonly used then zqxy in a business name.
You are more likely to find an end user for rcs.us than for zqy.us.
However, I do agree that all lll.us are great and worth it...no matter what the letters are.
And I do understand that not all LLL domain names are sold for abbreviation reasons.
A business may just want a short extension....

•••
LOL. whatever. when you undderstand the LLL game, its not about which letters, its about just having them 1st of all and in good quantities. the harder you buy and mine then, the luckier you get.Every end users need is unique so in terms of end user demand, there is no "better" or "worse" letters and combos because what they need is unique and they are willing to pay to have that name.He owns 800 LLL.us at some point so trust me, you dont have all good letter combos when you own that many LLLs in 1 extension.
I also believe all lll's have value, I just think some letter combos are more valuable than others, especially because the u.s. market is the focus, imo.

•••
•••
I rarely am influenced by the opinions of others when it goes against my personal judgement. .us is a great extension used by endusers, I see small businesses using it everyday. As with any domain name no matter how good the extension is what is at the left of the dot will determine the value.

•••
From DNJ:
got on the board by selling #17 (tie) DXR.us

.US cant be dead,because no country with a strong, big rich economy has a "dead" extension. Also, lets not forget the US' population is growing and isnt small. US is heading for 400M population.

•••
Just to give you an idea of how lagging .us is: tiny Belgium has almost as many domains registered as .us...

Canada has almost 2.5M registrations, .us: <1.8M

•••
Just to give you an idea of how lagging .us is: tiny Belgium has almost as many domains registered as .us...

Considering they're money is worth less than ours I think that makes it about even:)

•••

@Kate . I'm curious to know if you own any .us or plan to?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back