IT.COM

advice Is Uniregistery Market Useless Without Landing Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have some of my domains listed at Uniregistery marketplace but without parking my domains at Uniregistery.
I noticed that it very hard to find my domains through their marketplace, and that my domains do not show up as for sale when using Uniregistery domain search where domains show as taken! Unlike Godaddy where your domains show with BIN or Make offer.

So I think if I am not using Uniregistery landing page for my domains, then it is waste of time to list my domains at them because my domains will receive no traffic,

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have no landers there, ~ 2.5K domains listed, never got an offer.

But who knows, using them for about 4 months only.

•••
not sure but they do have the new postboard site which is nicer landing page then they had before. Might be turning.

•••
I have some of my domains listed at Uniregistery marketplace but without parking my domains at Uniregistery.
I noticed that it very hard to find my domains through their marketplace, and that my domains do not show up as for sale when using Uniregistery domain search where domains show as taken! Unlike Godaddy where your domains show with BIN or Make offer.

So I think if I am not using Uniregistery landing page for my domains, then it is waste of time to list my domains at them because my domains will receive no traffic,

What do you think?

That's odd I just checked a domain of mine that's listed but not using their lander. When I searched for it it came up saying it was taken than a second later a modal dialog popped up saying it's for sell on their market.

•••
From what I've seen, if a domain is not parked with Uniregistry there is minimal chance of it showing up on searches there. The domain needs to be parked. If a domain is priced or set to being brokered, they will appear at or towards the top of searches.

•••
Just park 3 or 4 names there, when someone gets to your lander, they can access the rest of the names you have listed.

Uni is a good resource to use for higher quality domain names, not so much for tier 3 and 4 domain names IMO. Dynadot, NameSilo and NameCheap are good for 3 and 4 tier name auctions and BIN IMO

•••
In the past I parked all my domains at Uni for several months and I got several inquiries, but after switching to Dan landing 1 year ago I never got single inquiry from Uni. I have all my domains listed as make offer at Uni I will try to switch to BIN and see if things will be different.

BTW Dan is also not very useful if you dont use their landers but at least they have much better search! actually I sold one domain with them although it was not using Dan landing page, so that sale must be from direct Dan search.

Last edited:
•••
That's odd I just checked a domain of mine that's listed but not using their lander. When I searched for it it came up saying it was taken than a second later a modal dialog popped up saying it's for sell on their market.

I checked and it is true a popup appears if you type exact domain in search, but oddly it does not work for new gTLD (which is what I tested first). For example if I type:
Name.Something
It will not show a popup and will show a list with:
NameSomething.com in 1st position in suggested names.
Name.Something in 6th position in suggested names!

It seems Uni give priority to legacy gTLDs, which is logical thing to do, but it is not good when you type exact domain name!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back