IT.COM

60-day lock and domains not selling

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alpachino10

Established Member
Impact
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and also fairly new to the domain business. I have about 60-70 domains that I have listed on 4 different marketplaces:
  • Sedo
  • Afternic
  • Uniregistery
  • Dynadot (I buy my domains here so I list them here as well)
About half of these domains are newly registered and the other half were expired domains. I started buying these domain from very late December 2019. So some of them are still within the 60-day lock. And I'd say most of them are above average and some are even very good ones.

The problem is that I havn't got any sells or even offers so far! I wonder why! I see many of my domains get good visits on Sedo, but I never get even an offer (I have both "BIN" and "make offer" option availabe for my accounts on Sedo. And Im using Sedo's landing pages and I think my pricing is fair.)

Is it possibile that becouse my domains are still in the 60-day lock, the marketplaces don't collect offers from the buyers? Does any one have any idea or recommandation about this?

Thank you! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The problem is that I havn't got any sells or even offers so far!
Where did you get the idea that you can register some domains and they start selling within like two months?

•••
Where did you get the idea that you can register some domains and they start selling within like two months?
Lol :xf.grin: can't I hope to get some offers at least? You know, when you are new to something, you need to see some small signs that give you hope. I was looking for those small signs of hope lol

•••
Hey Alpachino10,

Thanks for your post.

The fact that the domains are in the 60 day lock has no bearing on the domains receiving offers. It simply means that if they sell the domains will either need to be pushed at the same registrar to speed up the transfer or the buyer can wait for the 60 day lock to finish before the domain is transferred.

You should note that some domains sell fast, some slow and some just do not sell at all. It can be a bit of a waiting game so I would not worry if the 60 day lock has not even finished yet, just let some time pass.

If after some time has passed you still haven't had any interest in your domains then you should make sure the price that you have the domains listed as for sale for is correct and enticing enough to any potential buyers. To help you understand the domains neutral market value, you could apply for our appraisal service, check free price suggestion tools like estibot.com, research similarly named domain sales or ask in this forum if you post the name of your domains here then you may be lucky and an experienced namepro user may give you some valuable info to make sure you have set the correct domain sales settings. Also you can consider changing the price option from Buy Now to Make Offer and include no minimum offer just to see if there is any interest at all in the domains. You do not need to accept any low offers you receive, you can counter offer with a higher amount but at least you can see if there is any interest with some potential buyers who may be put off by the Buy Now price.

One last thing. Sedo can never guarantee that a domain will sell but if you try the above then hopefully this will increase your changes of the domains selling.

All the best with your first sale.

Chris

•••
I have sold a domain that is currently under 60 days lock. The buyer needs to wait almost ~45 days and i'll transfer to him. The age of the domains doesn't really matter. If your domains are really that good you just need to wait or start outbounding. Wait until one year to check if you receive any offers

Last edited:
•••
Hate this rule, worst rule.

Hurts liquidity more than helps security.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back