Domain Empire

.tv Is .TV domain name hot now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I only got three .tv names now.
I listed on sedo last thursday.

www.commodity.tv

www.newborn.tv

also microsoftwindows.tv listed but not allow for parking there. Just consider to donate to microsoft.

Anyone think these names can be sold quickly now?

Thanks,

Bill

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't like .tv's.

They're... i don't know. But they sound [edit]. lol

•••
•••
actually .tv sounds good, but they aren't very popular. Only developed .tv site that I know is eurovision.tv

•••
I don't like .tv's.

They're... i don't know. But they sound [edit] . lol
Waste of good money
Too informative posts, actually pretty clueless

If you have interest in the .tv ext CHECK out the .tv thread
AND refrain from the foul language there are kids here

FOR Developed .tvs

tnt.tv
ufc.tv
h2o.tv
farm.tv
bizhub.tv
mp3.tv
along with 1000's more

•••
I have no clue. To check out how good a cctld is just check out the TOTAL NUMBER of sales not the price of sales. If some good person could find that out it would be appreciated.

•••
Unfortunately as you are probably aware this .TV domain can be quite restricting. From my view, if you register a .TV domain that has nothing to do with broadcasting on TV I dont personally see any worth, not to say that there isnt any. But there are many words that fit perfectly that would be worth a mint in todays market.

You have to realise that most of the most valuable names in the .TV extension, EG. Nick.TV Fox.TV Bravo.TV that are directly related to companies that are in the TV industry could be classed as cyber squatting and could just be prized out of your hands by these companies.

•••
I don't think those 2 .tv domains would sell quickly... or at all, unless developed, IMO.

I own a few .tv's - see .tv thread!

nineties.tv
fifties.tv
originals.tv
cheesy.tv

•••
JIB that is correct it is a very selective ext not really for domainers more for development. A name that is intuitive will work not only boradcasting, NUMBERS spelled out work well in many languages, things that people will watch sports,adult, cartoons, also technology related like IPTV .tv is by far not for everyone check out the .tv thread for a complete discussion.

the op regged names that do not go with the ext and therefore without substantial development would be very had to sell in the market.

•••
People who are looking for longer term investment and development are looking closely at tv. Technology and broadcasting are coming closer everyday to broadcating tv through the net or other means onto media centre computers... (instead of a tv in your lounge, you have a media centre computer with a large screen where you can watch whatever you like, play anything from your entire music collection, record, edit, surf etc at the same time...) The future of mobile devices will involve using much more video and casting, personal broadcasting and video blogging will become very common. .tv will be in demand, and not just from established companies, people wanting their own casting sites and people developing new brands of casting and information distribution will want them.

•••
Best thing is to do a health check with the guys at http://www.online.tv , although they have great generic names, somehow it appears they couldn't push their concept into orbit.

•••
hanz said:
actually .tv sounds good, but they aren't very popular. Only developed .tv site that I know is eurovision.tv

There are much more regular (so not parked only) .tv sites then one :) Heh..

•••
•••
•••
Hmm........ I dont think .tv is that popular

But i like them. It sounds Cool.

www.pogo.tv is developed and .tv domains can be made famous only if you have a channel or something on the TV. =P

Untitled

•••
Auto-insurance.tv

I have recently taken www.Auto-Insurance.tv out of domain parking and into the world of semi-developed .TV names.

You can still play some of the best classic arcade games @ Joy.tv

As soon as I am done with a few items on my to-do list, I'm going to continue to develop my debt forum @ DebtHelp.TV

For domain speculation, .TV is pretty risky when compared to .COM. But I like the extension for all kinds of development projects, and I'll probably develop more of my .TV names before the year is out (I'll probably take on my ComputerGame.TV next.)

AmCy

•••
A Couple Developed .TV's

Http://FOXTEL.tv Major player in Cable/Satellite TV In Aust (Part owned by FOX)
Http://50years.tv Tribute Website for the 50 years of Aust TV

Last edited:
•••
.tv is the new.com / if used properly.

•••
.tv sales are few and far between and generally only for the most premium media related terms. Newborn, auto insurance type stuff isn't worth bothering with, these terms don't suit the extension.

•••
snoop said:
Newborn, auto insurance type stuff isn't worth bothering with, these terms don't suit the extension.

There will always be domain name conservatives who will say "no, doesn't fit" or "I just don't like that extension." The .COMMIES are everywhere! :hehe:

Bottom line: if you have 100% confidence in a name then go for it. Buy it, develop it, flip it, hold on to it--whatever.

Remember to always think about what motivates the nay-sayers.

If I had listened to the advice of the .COMMIES in here and in the other popular domain name forum, I would never have bought and sold internetpoker_dot_tv, a sale which has paid for all my domain name investing, with plenty of gravy to boot.

As always, IMO (I mean no offense to anyone via the content in this post. Just my opinion.)

AmCy

•••
Well, I think that .TV is overvaluated. It is ccTLD not gTLD, so it is hot artificially not naturally. But it is worth while there is a market for .TV

•••
wasistdas said:
Well, I think that .TV is overvaluated. It is ccTLD not gTLD, so it is hot artificially not naturally. But it is worth while there is a market for .TV

I wouldn't call it hot. More like heating up.

And it's not about gTLD or ccTLD: it's the market determines what is hot and what is not.

AmCy

•••
Hi all,

" I wouldn't call it hot. More like heating up.

And it's not about gTLD or ccTLD: it's the market determines what is hot and what is not."

100% agree with you.

I find that greatdomains.com list lots .tv names with very high price.
If you check the number:

ALL (1688)
.com (512)
.net (321)
.tv (339)
.org (155)
.us (90)
Other (271)
.tv is in the second now.

Also hard to find good keyword name of .TV now.
Dose anyone know the total regged .tv names so far?

I pick commodity and newborn .tv because of high overture number.
Also high ads bid for keyword "commodity" is above $2.

If you watch TV, you can find lot new products for sale on TV. Also commodity trading system for sale too.

Newborn is new life to start. There is lots of products for newborn too.
Newborn also fits for new developing products. It's huge market.

Any comments weclome.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

•••
Domain123 said:
Newborn is new life to start. There is lots of products for newborn too. Newborn also fits for new developing products. It's huge market...

Yup. I think it's a great keyword name, with lots of potential applications.

Have you submitted it to Great Domains yet? They accepted my BirthControl.TV, so I think that they would take Newborn.TV. Can't hurt to apply, and a listing can be great for exposure and promotion (as I'm sure you know :) ).

AmCy

•••
Hi AmCy,

Thanks for your tips. I will try it.

Bill

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back