NameSilo

.tv Is .TV domain name hot now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I only got three .tv names now.
I listed on sedo last thursday.

www.commodity.tv

www.newborn.tv

also microsoftwindows.tv listed but not allow for parking there. Just consider to donate to microsoft.

Anyone think these names can be sold quickly now?

Thanks,

Bill

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
www.AmCy.org said:
the past. Dot US is already set to eclipse .NET. You should read this article

AmCy

hardly, it is not growing at anywhere near the same rate as .net, and .net is already around 7 times as popular. Also the article doesn't even mention .net, it is just a rehash of a sedo press release.

Last edited:
•••
The answer to the thread question is "no"....

No, .tv isnt 'hot' in the greater scheme of things right now. Which is fine. .Tv hasnt the sales, the amount of registrations, or the popularity of almost all the other TLD's, which is fine.

However, my advice to anyone in the business of buying and selling domains and basing decisions upon past trends and stats is this - go back to your day job, for domain speculation (for thats what it is 'speculative') is not for you...

I have been buying and selling domains since i left University in '97. I made many mistakes and missed an unbelievable amount of opportunities mainly because i did as ive intimated above, I thought about it for too long and missed the boat. Dont get me wrong, ive substantially boosted my income since through selling domain names and sites and in affiliate revenue but I could have been seriously rich.. It wasnt that I wasnt aware or oblivious to the opportunity more that i stumbled.

So this brings me back to .TV domains.... There are no major sales, no glut of registrations.. But I know it is the next big thing in the internet world, all the signs are there..

Think of the advancement of technology, where we have gone in less than 10-15 years, what will be the case in 2 or 3 years time....?? Who will be broadcasting what we commonly call TV?? Where will we browse the net? On what will we be watching TV and where? You think we'll be sitting at consoles? And watching TV through satellite and aerials etc?

TV will be watched everywhere, we will be permanantly connected to the net, grabbing TV wherever and whenever we want to....

Think about it carefully people and throw your historical stats in the bin....

•••
Good post Badger,

Wise heads know that hard historical data is not something to base a large % of your speculative trading on. You could make a case that those people that were there before .coms really took off are able to feel the same way about .tv now - a bit like you badger ;) We are in the right spot at the right time...

•••
•••
betterdayz4 said:
You could make a case that those people that were there before .coms really took off are able to feel the same way about .tv now - a bit like you badger ;) We are in the right spot at the right time...

why would the people who missed it the first time be right now?

.com became popular because the the internet as a whole took off, the same thing will never happen with .tv.

•••
snoop said:
...the same thing will never happen with .tv...

I think u r right.

In fact, I'm going to give away all my .TV names today. Useless .TV! All that money I've made by selling and parking .TV names: meaningless!

:alien: :alien: :alien:

AmCy

•••
snoop said:
why would the people who missed it the first time be right now?

.com became popular because the the internet as a whole took off, the same thing will never happen with .tv.

i think you misunderstood. the same people who DID NOT miss it the first time are not missing it this time. It's never going to be as big as the entire creation of the net though is it.

The reg fee at $30 is prohibitive it seems to the majority of penny pincher domainers out there who feel this is way too high a price, so there are many many quality names still out there. Higher quality names are premiums and cost $500 or more a year to reg - but they are very worth while some of them. Horror.tv an obvious example, which slightly disappointed at only selling for 2.6k. Given 1 year your opinion on this will be wrong.

•••
•••
Domain123 said:
Any advice for this two names?

www.commodity.tv
www.newborn.tv

Thanks advance!

Bill

Yeah, saw your post the first time round Bill...

This is a thread about whether ".tv is hot right now, or not", whats your post about and its relevance to the discussion?

Why dont you start a new thread about your domains... Might get a better chance of a reply... In fact, you do that and ill give you one myself :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back