NameSilo

.tv Is .TV domain name hot now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I only got three .tv names now.
I listed on sedo last thursday.

www.commodity.tv

www.newborn.tv

also microsoftwindows.tv listed but not allow for parking there. Just consider to donate to microsoft.

Anyone think these names can be sold quickly now?

Thanks,

Bill

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone can post some good .TV name sold price here?

Thanks,

Bill

•••
I consider .tv hot as it is one of the most expensive registry's to buy domains from.

•••
I got a couple of dot TV www.surface.TV now NBC new shows and www.Possess.TV something I will develop soon ... right now enjoying the parking service. I received 100-200 visits with 2-3 clicks a day $2-$3 that is nice revenue for these .TV domains.

Cheers,
Em

•••
Any .TV name sold with high price here?

Thanks,

Bill

•••
.tv is not a good domain i suggest you go with .net or .com or .info those are good domains.

•••
.tv is not a good domain i suggest you go with .net or .com or .info those are good domains.
those are good domains? those are extensions and don't make such broad statements.

DOMAIN 123 there is a .tv thread that will answer any .tv questions you might have.

•••
•••
•••
Hi MCDomains,

Originals.tv -- it's good name. Anyway what's the offer price for that one?
Any more .TV sold here?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Bill

•••
SALES are reported in the .tv thread

•••
I think greatdomain must like .tv. From their website, here is the quote:

"Selective Screening Process
While we receive many listing requests, we will only extend listing invitations to the most meaningful and generic domain names.
Here is a list of the primary criteria we use:

*We only list .com, .net, .tv, .org, .us, .biz, .info and .cc domains."

notice that the .tv is after .com, .net but before .org and others. Does it really mean greatdomain view .tv is more important than .org?

www.AmCy.org said:
Yup. I think it's a great keyword name, with lots of potential applications.

Have you submitted it to Great Domains yet? They accepted my BirthControl.TV, so I think that they would take Newborn.TV. Can't hurt to apply, and a listing can be great for exposure and promotion (as I'm sure you know :) ).

AmCy

•••
cache said:
*We only list .com, .net, .tv, .org, .us, .biz, .info and .cc domains."

notice that the .tv is after .com, .net but before .org and others. Does it really mean greatdomain view .tv is more important than .org?

Verisign is in charge of .COM, .NET, .TV and .CC. You may find that .CC is put in front of .ORG in the near future.

AmCy

•••
•••
thanks for the info. learn something everyday.

www.AmCy.org said:
Verisign is in charge of .COM, .NET, .TV and .CC. You may find that .CC is put in front of .ORG in the near future.

AmCy

•••
•••
I like .TV allot and I have invested some into them. My favorite .tv is channel.tv... I think people have to put things into perspective. Every TLD has a place on the web. While there are better TLD's, .com, etc... Some TLD's have better fits with the key word plus tld. examples:

Keyword TLD
Channel .tv
Mail .in
Who .is
Virtual .net

Just my opinion but with time we'll see the dust settle on the other tld's and I believe they will all have some place. The other thing to consider is the acronym TV is one of the world's best known acronym's. You can go to Germany and mention the acronym TV and they will know what you mean. Know what I mean? LOL. Cheers,

•••
acronym007 said:
...You can go to Germany and mention the acronym TV and they will know what you mean. Know what I mean? LOL. Cheers...

Yup. You could go to the deepest jungles of Brazil and mention the letters "TV" to members of a pre-industrial society and they'll probably know what you are talking about, IMO.

AmCy

•••
•••
I think .tv is bigger and more wanted now. Wheres the best place to get a .tv domain from?

•••
It's simply a matter of which name became known FIRST in the public consciousness, same as with any other product or service. In the case of the "service" known as the internet, the 3-letter TLD came first (way back in the ancient '90s), and will therefore always be tops.

And the top 3 of those 3 letter TLDs will always be .com, .net and .org, in that order of importance.

With rare exceptions, .tv (like .us, .ws, etc.) will be about as successful in the long run as a .radio title.

•••
To be honest unless you have a television show or the domain is going to be related to television I don't think it's a good idea.

Here's an example with you got newyork.tv it would be good.
If you got empirestatebuilding.tv it would be useless.

Just my opinion. Also I agree with AmCy's comments.

•••
With rare exceptions, .tv (like .us, .ws, etc.) will be about as successful in the long run as a .radio title.
statement only shows your lacking knowledge of the .tv ext

•••
kjmz said:
If you got empirestatebuilding.tv it would be useless...

I think that empirestatebuilding.tv would be a great name for a site that features live Internet cam views from the top of the buidling. Yup.

AmCy

bluesman said:
...And the top 3 of those 3 letter TLDs will always be .com, .net and .org, in that order of importance...

Ha! You are living in the past. Dot US is already set to eclipse .NET. You should read this article

AmCy

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
Ha! You are living in the past. Dot US is already set to eclipse .NET. You should read this article

In the past, you say? That's exactly where all solid brand name recognition comes from, friend. Meanwhile, I'll ignore your flippancy and press on to the link you provided:

Hmmm. It shows that the ".us" ext is only popular with foreigners. That was your big proof? Foreigners are nothing. They use only a small percentage of the web, compared to America. (And of course all regs are up there - up from about zero, that is!) They're trying to look American and cool - can't blame them for that, I suppose.

But what is the most popular ext in America? Oh, yes - your article states that it is still by far the ".com" ext, after all.

My, what a shock.

•••
"foreigners" will outnumber US users by a massive margin eventually either way. IMO, .tv will also overtake .info .org and certainly get close to if not take .net too. We are looking at a slow but unstoppable change in the way the internet is viewed by its users. Just yesterday I was away from my computer and came accross 3 highly advertised .tvs.. www.bid.tv www.park.tv and www.skifrance.tv its the first time ive really noticed this happening. "tv" and "internet" are going to merge, the terms will almost become interchangeable - tv on the net is the logical broadcast medium that will be taken by the media companies.

If you keep track of keywords being taken you would notice they are being snapped up at a fairly rapid rate and these will be big. once developed they have the potential to do extremely well, especially with the quality thats currently available (soon to be "was available").

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back