joshny

Established Member
Impact
xxx

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello!

I'm a broker of an investor from Toronto (Canada). He wants to buy xxx

My client has $518,000 budget for 40-50 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Our company is in a web hosting business. We also provide brokerage services for domain buyers.

If you have other domains please email me the list with prices. I may offer your domains for sale to my clients.

How can we transfer money to you (escrow, wire, Paypal or Western Union)?

Best Regards,

xxx
xxxx

xxx

I FOUND THIS EMAIL IN MY SPAM BOX, is this a scam? i have replied ,if he asks for an appraisal ,it's obviously one,but what if that's not the case

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"My client has six-figure budget for 35-45 domains. "

This is the part where you stop reading it and know it's a scam

And Dr Cooper the guy on the Big Bang theory lol

Goodluck
tsz.gif

•••
OMG AGAINNNNNNN??????
Totally overused and abused scammy scammy scam

•••
Howdy!
Yeah, I was afraid of that :-/ But in the first moment I thought "yay, my last sale for this year..." -_-
How ever...

•••
Update!
I wanted to chat a little with this guy.

My reply
Dear Mr. Mr. Cooper, (double Mr. on purpose)
great! You can buy the domain through Sedo for only $ 60!

I don’t have any other domains for sale.

Best regards,

And only a few minutes later...

'm not interested in transactions under $1000. My client pays me 10%-15% on every sale.

May I suggest to change your price to $5000? In this case I will earn a better commission.

I hope you understand my business model better now.

I've made a small research on your domain. Your domain has no offers. It's not a good sign but I can help you to get a professional certification for your domain with a good independent appraisal. These certificates make rich buyers to pay good bucks for even average names.

WOW! I will be rich this year with this certificates and my hundreds average names !! :laugh:

•••
Yes, definitely a scam but you can take it as a game..

I got same mail today, Now I am going to play with him for 6 or 8 months.. finally I will send him a appraisal certificate hand written by me with a note I'm not interested..

game.jpg

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 66
•••
It's scam bro. If you want to play around, ask him to send you money to buy appraisal verification. I got few bucks from scammers :laugh:

•••
It's scam bro. If you want to play around, ask him to send you money to buy appraisal verification. I got few bucks from scammers :laugh:

LMFAO gives a whole new meaning to gotta spend money to make money. Guess this backfired for the scammer.

•••
Update!
I wanted to chat a little with this guy.

My reply

And only a few minutes later...

WOW! I will be rich this year with this certificates and my hundreds average names !! :laugh:

Yeah jack the price buddy. Sad how he admits that hes gonna screw over his own clients for a stranger. Good way to spot a scam right there. I mean if this was real and this proof got back to the real buyer someone would be out of a job with some bad reputation in this industry.

•••
•••
Scam threads are starting to become worse than the scams.

Almost.

•••
Hi all,

I've just got a fraud offer which looks like this;

Hello!

I'm a personal broker of an investor who wants to buy your f0ck.net.

My client has six-figure budget for 30-45 domains.

Please email me your desired price.

How can we transfer money to you (wire transfer, escrow)?

If you have other names please email me the list. I may help you to sell them.

Regards,

D*** B*****

I told him that i dont need money and dont want to sell my domains until some great offers come up
and he replied me with this email;

My client offers you $8500.

My client is a professional investor and before he sends you the money he will need two things from you:

1. Screenshot of the first page of your domain account with your name near the domain on it.

2. Domain certificate from Domain Tools

The proper certification must contain two main points:

- Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher we will increase the price accordingly.

- Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems.

If you don't have the certificate you can easily obtain it here. I suggest this site because my client trusts them and they provide a complete certification with appraisals, TM verification etc. They also deliver the results very fast and provide big discounts for bulk certification orders. Other sites provides appraisals only or don't verify trademarks. This is not acceptable for my client.

Please email me both documents (screenshot and certificate) and we will proceed with the sale.

If you need some help I can answer all your questions or send step by step instructions.

After that i told him that i dont want to sell my domains.

Anyway i think its fraud because he directing me a website which i have to pay and i actually havent heard this website before.

What do you say about it?

Regards,

Serhat Kotan

•••
•••
Kindly read other threads regarding this scam before posting a similar new thread!

•••
Another thread with the same scam.
Guess next time I get one, I will open up another thread and not bother searching first here.

•••
•••
Wish I'd the time to scambait these guys. It really ruins the domain industry.

•••
I can see if people starts opening related threads without reading then NP will soon have Another section to discuss about domain appraisal scam..!!

•••
OMG, I got the same email. I'm new member and I just posted that question in other thread. Thank you so much for letting me know.

•••
Yup, I got the same email. Def a scam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back