Dynadot

Another one - Appraisal Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
new domain, new contact info - same scam

Hello!

My client is a businessman from Qatar. At this time he is interested in purchasing your xxxxxxxxxxx.com.

Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject line.

My client has $215,000 usd for 50-60 domain names. He is very interested in financial, shopping, adult, gambling, mobile phones and weight loss related domains.

Please let us know your preferred payment method (PayPal, Western Union, escrow etc.). If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Regards,

Ralf Hetzner

Switzerland
Cham
Dorfplatz 5
Phone: 041 377 48 12

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yea he just found me too.
Looks like his client increased his budget since he emailed you...:lol:

On Wed, 11/20/13, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: ***********.com
To: ***********
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 10:01 PM

Hello!

My client is a businessman from Emirates (UAE). He is very
interested in buying your ************.com.

Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject
line.

My client has $240,000 usd for 60-70 domain names. He is
very interested in financial, shopping, adult, gambling,
mobile phones and weight loss related domains.

Please let us know your preferred payment method
(PayPal, Western Union, escrow etc.). If this is your first
time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer
process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums?
Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Regards,

Ralf Hetzner

Switzerland
Cham
Rosenweg 3
Phone: 041 393 42 10

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain
private, confidential, or legally privileged information
intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly
authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately by email and permanently
delete all copies of this email including all attachments
without reading them.

•••
Yeah, mine was from "kuwait" and "japan", he keeps changing them...

•••
i receive a lot of this too, esp. on the "yolanda" victim scams

•••
I got one of these sd well a week ago. Played him along then cslled his bluff. He hasnt replied since. The guy should be locked up.

•••
Yup... I got the same thing here. First, "his client in South Korea" wanted one domain, then 3, then 6 others. Wanted me to get an appraisal at some link, which there was no way I was clicking that. Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking it was a big red flag, lol

•••
This same scam methodology is around for at least 6-7 years, as far as I can tell...
Unfortunately, scammers are still doing it, so it must work for them, otherwise they would at least try to refine their methods.

•••
Yeah. You would think that they would at least change the wording in the email, etc. The emails that both you and lennco posted are exactly the same script I got, with the exception of the locations and the amount of money the supposed client has.

•••
Oooooooh, nice.

I've got...

Client from Bahrain and a budget of 207,000$

Now I feel as if its a trading card game XD

Who wants to trade?

•••
lol... no kidding. I think I hear Alex Trebek asking if I would like to take Games for $100...

•••
Same here. I received 3 emails already... all with different names but same message. Wish I could squeeze his neck.

•••
You know... that sounds like an awesome idea 4better. maybe we could all team up and manage to catch this person, then each take turns holding him so the others can get their licks in.

Last edited:
•••
You know... that sounds like an awesome idea 4better. maybe we could all team up and manage to catch this person, then each take turns holding him so they others can get their licks in.

That would be fantastic... :laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back