joshny

Established Member
Impact
xxx

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello!

I'm a broker of an investor from Toronto (Canada). He wants to buy xxx

My client has $518,000 budget for 40-50 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Our company is in a web hosting business. We also provide brokerage services for domain buyers.

If you have other domains please email me the list with prices. I may offer your domains for sale to my clients.

How can we transfer money to you (escrow, wire, Paypal or Western Union)?

Best Regards,

xxx
xxxx

xxx

I FOUND THIS EMAIL IN MY SPAM BOX, is this a scam? i have replied ,if he asks for an appraisal ,it's obviously one,but what if that's not the case

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You quoted me and you still don't get it. This is an appraisal scam. They are not interested in your domains and it never gets that far into the transaction, as I said in my first post.

Well at least I still have some money coming in from a Nigerian Prince...

•••
It's a scam because you asked if it's a scam. If you have to ask, then it's a scam. Bonus shady points for mention of Western Union.

Those Nigerian princes sure are getting smarter.

•••
One day, people will actually use the search function on namepros and discover that there is a forum just for scams and alerts@

•••
I've gotten the same exact type of email a couple of years ago.

He offered to buy it for a guaranteed $15,000, that's what his client wanted to pay, that's the money he had secured for it but wanted an appraisal first which would've costed around $150 - $200. I responded and said that I was willing to sell the domain to him right now for $100 just to see what he'd say from there. He responded and said I should raise my price because his client is willing to spend 15K for it and he works on commission. I offered to give it to him for $75 and said he could buy the appraisal himself and pass it along to his client for less.

He never responded and I never got an offer like that again. Yeah, no scam there, lol...

•••
Appraisal scam. Don't tell me - he also signed it with a title like president , Vice President, or phd...
Nobody dealing with a budget like that is going to give away their hand - especially not before knowing it the inquiry is leading anywhere.

•••
Few of you are not understanding what this scam is about. The scam hits you even before you get to escrow. So, they could talk all they want about escrow, but it doesn't matter. The transaction never gets that far. They get you upfront with the appraisal fees (at their recommended company).

So what you're saying is that ISN'T some kind of escrow scam and it's safe to sell to this guy?

That's awesome because I have a dozen domains he promised to buy for $100,000 - I just need to get the results of the appraisals and I'm set!

•••
This guy's supposedly a domain broker and the best he could do for his email is a double-hyphenated dot info?

And the address, according to street view, appears to be a shoe store...

•••
Screw you The new guy for using Nigeria in this context. And you know say hi to my middle finger... What gives you the effontery to label this a 'Nigerian' when there was no clue of it?

Everyone in this industry get this all the time... Last time checked, there are less than 20 Nigerians that are into domain biz.

Someone told you it's scam but you were hell bent on going through with the deal...

Rubbish!

•••
•••
"My client has six-figure budget for 35-45 domains. "

This is the part where you stop reading it and know it's a scam

And Dr Cooper the guy on the Big Bang theory lol

Goodluck
tsz.gif

•••
Yes, definitely a scam but you can take it as a game..

I got same mail today, Now I am going to play with him for 6 or 8 months.. finally I will send him a appraisal certificate hand written by me with a note I'm not interested..

game.jpg

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 66
•••
Scam threads are starting to become worse than the scams.

Almost.

•••
OMG, I got the same email. I'm new member and I just posted that question in other thread. Thank you so much for letting me know.

•••
And their company domain may be a parked page too (I've seen it!)

•••
•••
It is very much a scam! I got a similar letter. Sometimes he says his client is a Saudi Man. Just trying to bilk you for 79euros. Run don't walk!

•••
Few of you are not understanding what this scam is about. The scam hits you even before you get to escrow. So, they could talk all they want about escrow, but it doesn't matter. The transaction never gets that far. They get you upfront with the appraisal fees (at their recommended company).

•••
Use your intuition always free;)

•••
If the website mentioned resolves to a parking page some should notify the parking company

•••
OMG AGAINNNNNNN??????
Totally overused and abused scammy scammy scam

•••
Update!
I wanted to chat a little with this guy.

My reply
Dear Mr. Mr. Cooper, (double Mr. on purpose)
great! You can buy the domain through Sedo for only $ 60!

I don’t have any other domains for sale.

Best regards,

And only a few minutes later...

'm not interested in transactions under $1000. My client pays me 10%-15% on every sale.

May I suggest to change your price to $5000? In this case I will earn a better commission.

I hope you understand my business model better now.

I've made a small research on your domain. Your domain has no offers. It's not a good sign but I can help you to get a professional certification for your domain with a good independent appraisal. These certificates make rich buyers to pay good bucks for even average names.

WOW! I will be rich this year with this certificates and my hundreds average names !! :laugh:

•••
It's scam bro. If you want to play around, ask him to send you money to buy appraisal verification. I got few bucks from scammers :laugh:

•••
It's scam bro. If you want to play around, ask him to send you money to buy appraisal verification. I got few bucks from scammers :laugh:

LMFAO gives a whole new meaning to gotta spend money to make money. Guess this backfired for the scammer.

•••
Update!
I wanted to chat a little with this guy.

My reply

And only a few minutes later...

WOW! I will be rich this year with this certificates and my hundreds average names !! :laugh:

Yeah jack the price buddy. Sad how he admits that hes gonna screw over his own clients for a stranger. Good way to spot a scam right there. I mean if this was real and this proof got back to the real buyer someone would be out of a job with some bad reputation in this industry.

•••
Kindly read other threads regarding this scam before posting a similar new thread!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back