joshny

Established Member
Impact
xxx

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello!

I'm a broker of an investor from Toronto (Canada). He wants to buy xxx

My client has $518,000 budget for 40-50 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Our company is in a web hosting business. We also provide brokerage services for domain buyers.

If you have other domains please email me the list with prices. I may offer your domains for sale to my clients.

How can we transfer money to you (escrow, wire, Paypal or Western Union)?

Best Regards,

xxx
xxxx

xxx

I FOUND THIS EMAIL IN MY SPAM BOX, is this a scam? i have replied ,if he asks for an appraisal ,it's obviously one,but what if that's not the case

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've gotten the same exact type of email a couple of years ago.

He offered to buy it for a guaranteed $15,000, that's what his client wanted to pay, that's the money he had secured for it but wanted an appraisal first which would've costed around $150 - $200. I responded and said that I was willing to sell the domain to him right now for $100 just to see what he'd say from there. He responded and said I should raise my price because his client is willing to spend 15K for it and he works on commission. I offered to give it to him for $75 and said he could buy the appraisal himself and pass it along to his client for less.

He never responded and I never got an offer like that again. Yeah, no scam there, lol...

•••
Run as fast as you can,and keep running!

•••
Why would anyone mention the amount of names needed for 'Client' If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a ….

•••
it is a scam and a known one in this biz! :)

•••
If the website mentioned resolves to a parking page some should notify the parking company

•••
this is the whole convo lol:

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello!

I'm a broker of an investor from Toronto (Canada). He wants to buy xxxxxx

My client has $518,000 budget for 40-50 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

cleardot.gif

SCAM! Here's why...

Got a similar email with the broker asking to buy a domain I had listed it at sedo for just $100 with buy now!

If they are willing to spend half a mill on 50 domains, then they could have just bought a domain for $100 without asking, and then contact me through the email id listed in whois for the next 40-50 domains!

I marked the email as spam.

Maybe after reading this, they will skip sending emails to low cost domains listed with 'Buy Now'

•••
It's a scam because you asked if it's a scam. If you have to ask, then it's a scam. Bonus shady points for mention of Western Union.

Those Nigerian princes sure are getting smarter.

•••
I was pretty sure it was an appraisal scam but it had gone dark for a couple of months so I thought maybe i'd reconfirm over here.
I mailed back saying that I already have estibot and godaddy appraisals,if he want s anything else,he can pay for it and I'd be happy to do it

•••
I was pretty sure it was an appraisal scam but it had gone dark for a couple of months so I thought maybe i'd reconfirm over here.
I mailed back saying that I already have estibot and godaddy appraisals,if he want s anything else,he can pay for it and I'd be happy to do it

For you to even "entertain" this email with a reply like that tells me you WANT this to be a legit email and hoping for a huge payoff. This may not be your cup of tea if you handle things like that...just sayin

•••
lol nah, I was just replying for fun,I already knew it was a scam, but you can never rule out Dan Belzerian sort of people who might do anything they want to :P

•••
JUST RECEIVED THE SAME EMAIL TOO...

[email protected]
3:50 AM (10 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello!

I'm a broker of an investor from New Brunswick (Canada). He wants to buy xxxbone.com.

My client has $525,000 budget for 40-50 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Our company is in a web hosting business. We also provide brokerage services for domain buyers.

If you have other domains please email me the list with prices. I may offer your domains for sale to my clients.

Best Regards,

Alex Gertman

Vice President | VPISpace Hosting Solutions

Switzerland
Basel
Centralbahnstrasse 14
Phone: 061 259 42 609

•••
•••
When someone shoots out a massive budget like that at the beginning, you know that's a red flag...If someone is smart enough to make it in business and accumulate that kind of spending power, then they didn't get their by mishandling their money or showing all their hand first. Someone might be happy selling a domain for $5000, so what happens when you say your budget is over $500,000?

•••
I just delete and move on.
Not worth worrying about, answering, or posting on forums.

•••
YES i received the same email

•••
Possible appraisal scam. It is a common thing. I would just ignore. :rolleyes:

•••
Screw you The new guy for using Nigeria in this context. And you know say hi to my middle finger... What gives you the effontery to label this a 'Nigerian' when there was no clue of it?

Everyone in this industry get this all the time... Last time checked, there are less than 20 Nigerians that are into domain biz.

Someone told you it's scam but you were hell bent on going through with the deal...

Rubbish!

•••
Screw you The new guy for using Nigeria in this context. And you know say hi to my middle finger... What gives you the effontery to label this a 'Nigerian' when there was no clue of it?

Everyone in this industry get this all the time... Last time checked, there are less than 20 Nigerians that are into domain biz.

Someone told you it's scam but you were hell bent on going through with the deal...

Rubbish!

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. There's a particular type of scam called the Nigerian Prince scam where the attacker traditionally claims to be a prince from Nigeria. I was referencing that, not really Nigeria. It can be any country, but that's just what it's called. I didn't name it. ;)

•••
Hello!

I'm a representative of an investor from Plymouth (UK). He wants to purchase xxxx

My client has $529,000 budget for 30-40 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Best Regards,

Michael Zollenberg

Vice President | VPCSpace Hosting Solutions

Switzerland
Basel
Centralbahnstrasse 15
Phone: 061 859 43 612

Uff got worried because both emails look so similar, glad to see this one is from the UK, so its probably legit.

•••
I think ask for their phone number then go to ask if you can ring at dinner time

•••
Today I got such an email.

Hello!
I have a request from my buyer for purchasing XXXXXXX.
My client has six-figure budget for 70-72 domains. He invests in domains with good potential almost every month.
Please email me your desired price.
How can we transfer money to you (escrow, wire transfer or check)?
I provide brokerage services for VIP domain buyers. If you have more domains for sale please email me the list with prices.
Regards,
Nicholas Weisberg, Ph. D.
MCSE
Vice President | Investor Relations | Cloud VP Hosting
M30 0BP
Regent Street 45
Manchester
UK

Thanks everyone for provided information of such scams.

•••
@sivabiz glad that you are aware of this kind of scam.

•••
Hello!

I'm a representative of an investor from Plymouth (UK). He wants to purchase xxxx

My client has $529,000 budget for 30-40 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Best Regards,

Michael Zollenberg

Vice President | VPCSpace Hosting Solutions

Switzerland
Basel
Centralbahnstrasse 15
Phone: 061 859 43 612

Uff got worried because both emails look so similar, glad to see this one is from the UK, so its probably legit.

It's NOT legit, it's a scam. They always change a few facts here or here, but it's the same MO.

•••
Today i found this email in by spam box -_-
I don't bother to reply...

Hello!

I have a request from my buyer for buying mydomain.com.

My client has six-figure budget for 35-45 domains.

Please email me your desired price. My fee is paid by the buyer so my services are free for you.

How can we transfer money to you (your preferred payment method)?

I help top domain investors to find good names on the market. If you have other names to be sold please email me the list.

Regards,

Edward Cooper, Ph. D.

Vice President | Investor Relations | GD Premium Auctions

5 Roundwood Avenue

Stockley Park

Uxbridge

Middlesex

UB11 1FF

United Kingdom

0345 458 2417

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back