Dynadot

domain Is this a good idea or a REEEALLY bad one? - newbigbang.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanielEC

Established Member
Impact
This might be a dumb question. Sorry, but I'm new to all this.

I've had a handful of domains on hand that I bought for 12 bucks apiece on Godaddy brand-spanking new. Estibot says one of them (newbigbang.com) is valued at $900, and the others are a bit less.

So:

1) Will anyone pay for these domains?

2) Can I turn this into a business... buying catchy new domains that are valued high by Estibot.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All of these is great advice, very great to read it. I really like and enjoy looking at domains and hopefully I can become very good at this. I come from Paraguay, where one of the most successful people there made his fortune selling, buying and developing domains. I have bought many domains looking at keywords, trends or searches, some of them I believe are really good or would be come great in the future. I bought combination of phrases such us:
- BuenosPasajes.com
- BuenPasaje.com
- BuscaPasaje.com
- BuscaPasajes.com
- BusPasaje.com / AvionPasaje.com / TrenPasaje.com / AirPasaje.com
- BuscaReservacion.com
- SearchReservation.com
- ReservationSearch.com
- See.Company
- Gersu.com
- Lupuc.com
- Pradist.com
- BookTrip.co
- 10Fox.com

I want to sell all of this sites if possible together and I know there is value in all of them together and some of them separate but how do we set the right price to attract people ? I am ready to sale all of these sites at once and want to do it at the right price, a decent price.
I bought these domain because I really like them, I think I did right with some of them but how to discern which are the ones with the highest potential ? If you like any of them please let me know and if you have any opinions or advice I am really looking for it.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
•••
There's a very popular American TV series called The Big Bang Theory so that's why I said "Potential" and not that there is. It would really depend on what it's being used for and if anyone even cares. I think as long as he's not streaming episodes of that TV series or selling merchandise then there should be no problems.

Yes I love to watch it too....
no theory ;)

•••
That includes selling a domain,

do better due dilligence

thats not the complete story

----

I am no laywer
no legal advice

•••
I'll go a'searching for "something" :) Thank you everyone for your kind advice and input.

•••
Oh but I already met some nice people ;)

•••
I really appreciate the advice as well.

Last edited:
•••
Domains are fun (and can be profitable) You get to play with your own 'mindworks' - but like every business projection - it's about delivery to somebody that latently appreciates your foresight - Estibot (as a computational tool) Wouldn't even recognise, two words strung in a sentence. Your better-off asking your Grandma (even if she's already dead)

•••
Ok what you need to do is go and find a monkey and ask it the value of your domain because the monkey will be more accurate than estibot :P . Estibot should be used for entertainment purposes only, if you have a subscription cancel it now and save yourself some money.

On a side note i like the name newbigbang.com, its kind of cool.
It's sounds good. Even though it contain 3 words.

•••
•••
So 3 words is less desirable? I thought the domain didn't matter...

•••
I heard one to two words is better. But I seen 3 or 4 words that are sold. Not many though. I purchased one that is 3 words. But it goes all together. I will post it today, so you see what I mean.

•••
As a general rule (but not in all cases) the shorter the better. People used to register longer multiple keyword domains because they used to get a real nice bump in the search engines. Times have changed in that case though.

•••
Good to know. So we are just looking at the name itself in that case, not age or anything like that?

•••
Good to know. So we are just looking at the name itself in that case, not age or anything like that?
The age really doesn't matter to most people and the search engines. Many people think it does but Google and many others have clearly stated that it doesn't make a difference.

Some buyers think it matters but just the uninformed ones. The reason that age comes into play is that many older domains have good backlinks and for some that it matters to, some indexed pages perhaps.

There are exceptions to everything but I would worry about the quality of the name and not it's age.

Which would you rather buy if you were someone looking to create a website? (example only, not real)

1. Shopping.com - 1 year old

2. fpryst.com - 12 years old

•••
Estibot says one of them (newbigbang.com) is valued at $900 .

Just think about how estibot works:

People typing in things like "What was the new big bang theory episode about?"

The bot reads part of it, also notes these are whole words, spits out a $900

But then real people look at it (us) and say "who would buy that and why?"

This is why you dont use the bot, or barley use the bot Good Luck

•••

weightconsultant.com current bids $1500
PremiumBrandDomains.com current bids 2051
domainnameguys.com $3k current bids

Long domain name...

•••
So you buy an easy to remember domain to sell to someone who wants to start a website but doesn't want to begin from the ground-up with backlinks. Ahhhhh now I get it.

•••
So you buy an easy to remember domain to sell to someone who wants to start a website but doesn't want to begin from the ground-up with backlinks. Ahhhhh now I get it.
People with all kinds of fund to used in different area of business, can start anywhere they want. I know I'm not one; not yet☺️

•••
No, backlinks are good as long as they are quality backlinks and relevant to whats on the site.

I am just saying that most end-users looking to create a website want a good sounding and/or relevant name and don't even consider backlinks either because they aren't aware what they are or the might not be relevant to what they are building on a site.

As a general rule, especially when new to domains, buy the best quality name with the most potential buyers.

•••
No, backlinks are good as long as they are quality backlinks and relevant to whats on the site.

I am just saying that most end-users looking to create a website want a good sounding and/or relevant name and don't even consider backlinks either because they aren't aware what they are or the might not be relevant to what they are building on a site.

As a general rule, especially when new to domains, buy the best quality name with the most potential buyers.
I so aggree, buying with a good domain name with mass potential buyers is always good.

Example; Globalcar.rent was not a good for all. It was given very little or something at all positive thought.

•••
Or.... I thought I got it :S Then it is simply the art of buying a domain name that someone might want to use for their business.

•••
Or.... I thought I got it :S Then it is simply the art of buying a domain name that someone might want to use for their business.
Look at those domain name I posted they are pretty long name; and the wordings and sounding are not unique. I got this name "iWokwithSushi". They said it is long and boring. That's their interpretation.

•••
The purpose people invest in domains names for the most part is to turn around and sell them at some point for a profit.

In order to make the most profit and have the best chance of selling a domain is to buy one that has more potential buyers, higher demand, more profitable field/niche and so on. Selling to businesses is in most cases a more profitable one since most business will have more money available than a blogger for example. Not always, but most of the time.

You want something that is wanted by the most people/businesses or something that's in a prime market/field.

•••
domainnameguys.com did you just come up with that on your own and then buy it? Excuse my naivety I am just trying to understand how this works.

•••
domainnameguys.com did you just come up with that on your own and then buy it? Excuse my naivety I am just trying to understand how this works.

No, these are not my domain names. They are up for bids; at "Flippa"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back