Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I watched this movie by Michael Moore. Did not know this came out last year in May 2020.

We've all seen the "save the Earth" propaganda.

With keywords like below.

Sustainable/sustainability
Green
Eco
Carbon emissions
Carbon Neutral
green house gases
Global Warming
Pollution

The solutions to "save the Earth" were in a "green" way

Solar Power
Wind Power

with the ultimate goal to eliminate coal use and reduce green house gases.

The Truth? on Cloudy or rainy days. Solar is not 100% efficient and at night? the efficiency is obviously ZERO.

On non-windy days wind power efficient is less to zero.

during down times both methods secretly will always have a connection to coal powered energy production.

or even LPG.

and then there is power generated from burning BIOMASS.

Biomass sounds pretty cool. And you tell someone "Biomass" most would never know it is the cutting down of forests to burn trees to produce power.

lol

So to prevent global warming? The solution is to cut down the forest and all the trees? and keep coal and LPG as a back up power source?
lol

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The answer is actually nuclear and fusion energy, it's clean, creates little waste and has caused less deaths than any other form of energy.

Wind turbines and solar panels kill birds, so how are we saving the planet if we're killing it's animals?

Also people forget what it takes to mine the material and transport it.

Anyways the planet is always changing, what were more worried about is surviving as a species and reducing pollution, the Earth has gone through a lot and it's still here. In many periods, there was more CO2 than oxygen.

Last edited:
•••
So I watched this movie by Michael Moore. Did not know this came out last year in May 2020.

We've all seen the "save the Earth" propaganda.

With keywords like below.

Sustainable/sustainability
Green
Eco
Carbon emissions
Carbon Neutral
green house gases
Global Warming
Pollution

The solutions to "save the Earth" were in a "green" way

Solar Power
Wind Power

with the ultimate goal to eliminate coal use and reduce green house gases.

The Truth? on Cloudy or rainy days. Solar is not 100% efficient and at night? the efficiency is obviously ZERO.

On non-windy days wind power efficient is less to zero.

during down times both methods secretly will always have a connection to coal powered energy production.

or even LPG.

and then there is power generated from burning BIOMASS.

Biomass sounds pretty cool. And you tell someone "Biomass" most would never know it is the cutting down of forests to burn trees to produce power.

lol

So to prevent global warming? The solution is to cut down the forest and all the trees? and keep coal and LPG as a back up power source?
lol

Yes

Lie.

I do not trust Michael Moore.

He made a film about my high school, cashed in millions and didn't do anything to help our community.

•••
The answer is actually nuclear and fusion energy, it's clean, creates little waste and has caused less deaths than any other form of energy.

Wind turbines and solar panels kill birds, so how are we saving the planet if we're killing it's animals?

Also people forget what it takes to mine the material and transport it.

Anyways the planet is always changing, what were more worried about is surviving as a species and reducing pollution, the Earth has gone through a lot and it's still here. In many periods, there was more CO2 than oxygen.

I personally don't like those huge wind turbines and big solar farms, I believe that solar and wind energy should become more widely used, but with smaller turbines and more individually installed solar roof.

As far as the nuclear energy goes the big drawback is the nuclear waste that apparently no one wants in their jurisdiction and probably has to be shipped to a third World country where their people have no say about such matters.

IMO

•••
Youtube removed the video

# Cancel culture
(and i hate Michael Moore)

•••
•••
I personally am not 100% committed to any of the existing parties or ideologies, my policy is to support anyone or any group that wants to do good for the Humanity and our Home Planet and to criticize those who want to continue following their fanatical and flawed agendas of the past regardless of which political or other affiliations they might have.

IMO

That's why it's important to call a spade a spade. Although I don't expect much improvement in China and India (at least in the near future), having the US re-join the Paris Agreement will keep North America green and help European weather patterns. Expect upcoming cold winter spell very soon as the polar vortex split.

•••
apologies for the click bait title.

What I meant is that based on the movie it seems we have been bamboozled.

For example, we are told to wash and separate our plastics from our regular trash to save the Earth. Yet even then certain plastics need to be separated because they can't be recycled. This plastic use to be shipped to China because it was too expensive to process into something useful.

Until China started denying it.

Now the only way to make use of this unusable plastic is to burn it in furnaces for energy and yes that creates greenhouse gases.

As far as the Koch Brothers? These guys own Georgia Pacific. This company made money with it's paper products. I use to work in offices and always saw boxes of GP printer paper. Paper comes from trees. Paper printers will go the way of the Dodo when everything goes digital and the Koch Brothers own many forested lands in USA, and Canada. Forests they can cut down for profit. Biomass as fuel for power furnace is just a new market for the disappearing need for printing paper. Does the Koch Brothers lobby for "green sustainable green energy"? sure if it means they can find a new way to unload their trees.

Save the planet. Don't burn coal. Burn trees!?!?!?
The CO2 scrubbers of the Earth?

Really?

•••
This sounds intriguing. Please continue...
some where built to align with Orion's belt - Osiris was one of their gods

Also I think some of the shafts in the Pyramids where lined up with certain stars

Edit:

My sister is a big believer in ancient civilisations having being contacted by Aliens - so the above is something she might of mentioned in one her many talks to me on the subject!!

Last edited:
•••
...or fusion. We are about 20-30 years away from harnessing that.

I all honesty we should have been able to develop many different clean sources of energy in the past 50 years, but unfortunately the research in these areas have been suppressed greatly for certain resaons.

IMO

•••
What is the right path ? We still don’t know it ...

In case you haven't heard me saying it already I'll say it again:

We as the Human Race need to ascend to a new level of existence and thinking that allows us to find common grounds over the Universal Principles and Values that have been derived from Logic and Compassion and that is going to propel us in to a new Era of understanding and tolerance so that we can live in peace with our Environment and all the living things and entities on Earth and beyond.

We need to abandon all the outdated fanatical and extremist political, religious, racial, and economical ideologies, philosophies, and doctrines that have failed us and use all the resources and technologies at our disposal to find new ways of managing the World that would make it possible for us to put an end to all that has being ailing Humanity and our Home Planet and that can allow us to be able to live a righteous, productive, safe, happy, and healthy life.

IMO

•••
1415914174499279757.gif

•••
•••
Many documenties including Moores are factually incorrect or will use stats in ways to disprove when those traits do not effect climates etc. We live in a world of hysteria.

Last edited:
•••
@Reddstagg there is no need to give up on life's luxuries. As I have pointed out, there are sufficient resources to go round and we can all live well if, and it is a huge if, we use those resources wisely.

As I said in my earlier post, watching Savory's short TED talk opens the door to much wider understanding. His side of the overall research shows us that of the two fifths of the earth's surface not covered by the oceans, three fifths of that is now man-made desert. If we recover a proportion of that, by no means do we need to recover all (although that would reap massive benefits), we can live well.

@oldtimer repeats some of the obstructions I mooted in my earlier post. But as I said, most of the disputes, regional wars and jealousies are about land. Show people how to recover the land they already have in the form of desert and the arguments suddenly dissipate.

Plastic is quite another question. We have the wherewithall to recycle all plastics now. If only the idiots spending billions trying to reinvent the wheel would recognise what we already have and get on with the job we could get on top of it. That would also create one hell of a lot of desperately needed jobs around the world.

Last edited:
•••
The key is creating awareness that goes beyond the select few people who might be concerned about Humanity and our Home Planet and expanding the conversation to get the ordinary people around the World involved in these discussions through education and mass media, same way that almost everyone around the World is now actively thinking and talking about the Pandemic.

I would argue that the argument needs to be taken in by those with the wealth and the power. The pandemic, if anything, has offered us the best opportunity we are ever likely to have before it is too late to do anything. The "man in the street" is not very good at organising. Reacting, usually in a way which will achieve absolutely nothing, and then only when it's too late, yes.

We need to change the dialogue and the narrative in the same way as those with influence do politically and economically, to everyone's disadvantage IMHO, every 35 to 50 years. The last time was 1979/1980, the election of Thatcher and Reagan ushering in the age of corporatism and neoliberal laissez-faire no rules thinking. We can do it. The question is, do we want to?

Last edited:
•••
•••
My day job is water conservation. I run a rainwater products tanks gardening and water filtering equiptment store i am also a plumber.

•••
Not all hearts are evil ...you’d be surprised
No one said all are. But it won’t be a earthquake or gas fumes from your car that ends or threaten our existence.

•••
Saving the earth is growing so much as an industry that once parts of the the Amazon jungle now cater for soy plants to feed those green minded people.

•••
The actual response will be measured in how it affects the bottom line. Time is money. Unfortunately businesses and the public will require either monitary incentive or stricter government regulation, otherwise the motivation will not be there. Seeking financial gains over environmental protection, neglecting and/or denying the consequences, collectively the short-sightedness is costing time.
Time is money because that’s how we learned but surprisingly time is not money ...they are two different things

•••
Time is money because that’s how we learned but surprisingly time is not money ...they are two different things

I agree, but we need money to survive. Many people are riddled in debt and live paycheck to paycheck. In real terms, the average American has over $90K of personal debt and the national debt over $14 Trillion. The interest on the debt is measured in time. I would say that pretty well equates to the environmental debt left for future generations.

•••
So many good ideas and thoughts, I am impressed,

Only if we could unleash the power of everyone else's mind here to also think about the future of Humanity and our Home Planet.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
...and if I'm not mistaken, sadly, that's even in Canada. There's a huge disconnect somewhere :oops:

When I was a youth I would often go canoeing into pristine wilderness spots with my dad. We could always tell the country of origin of the previous campers at our favourite fishing holes from the garbage left behind (esp. empty Budweiser and Old Milwaukee cans) :xf.frown:
Massive disconnect. To the point of I am feeling overwhelmed, every day. I travel a lot for my day job, meet lots of folks. In and out their homes and businesses. The pretty picture painted of Canadians is not reality. I wish I could say good people are the majority. I don't know what's going on here, but started to notice it prevalently about 15 years ago or so. People just don't care. And it's tough to keep positive sometimes, saddened by the disregard and contempt for each other and our environment. Seeing garbage strewn about our land saddens me beyond description. Garages and basements full of throw-away items to the point of you can't even walk through.

Tech addiction is a big problem here. I think it's an unspoken contributing factor, if not the biggest. I once wrote into our local paper, arguing against allowing children bringing mobile devices into elementary schools. After they published it, there was no support for the idea from parents in the community- the responses indicated that these people simply did not know how to parent without the almighty tech.

Nature can teach!

That is something Cannuck- with my own kids have attempted to bring them to pristine spots to learn appreciation of the wilderness. Even just 10 years later, when we have returned, it is as if the spots had become personal dumping grounds. Coke bottles, Tim Hortons cups, water bottles all that stuff. People falling over edges trying to take selfies. Thus emergency resources unnecessarily utilized. Areas that were previously opened, blocked and fenced off- prohibited now.

The pandemic should have been an awakening of sorts. The Earth is talking to us, we are not listening.

•••
I would like to believe fusion power would be the solution, but our government doesn't seem real good at protecting high value targets anymore.

•••
Sorry the video I linked to was deleted. Here another one. Hope this does not get deleted too.

Just in case just Google "Planet of the Humans"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back