IT.COM

news Is sale of GreenCarpet.com for $37,092 real?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aman Tibrewal

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd believe if it were RedCarpet

Seems like it. Reported on namebio and sold at Sedo. Refer: https://namebio.com/greencarpet.co

Seems like it was parked at Uniregistry till last year, October sometime and was under privacy. Possibly moved over to Registrar: INWX GmbH & Co. KG this year or last year before renewal date.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think the sale is that unbelievable really. It is a solid two word .COM with many potential end users. All it takes is one buyer.

Brad

•••
I don't think the sale is that unbelievable really. It is a solid two word .COM with many potential end users. All it takes is one buyer.

Brad

I agree. Solid Green+Word.com. Fits well in the environmentally friendly cleaning niche.

•••
That was sent to us in their weekly spreadsheet, which only includes completed sales.

•••
It's a good sale but GreenJobs.com is a more solid combination with more end users. :)

Brad

The domain forwards to an Austrian carpet company website. It's not clear they are an environmental carpet company but I don't speak German.

I agree. Solid Green+Word.com. Fits well in the environmentally friendly cleaning niche.

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't look like the obvious end-user but...

They also own carpet/company but haven't opted to buy the/carpet/company so they may be working on a rebranding. I agree red/carpet would make a better fit for their current brand.

•••
I don’t get it if you own carpetcompany.com, why would you spend the money to buy
thecarpetcompany.com?

Anyone who owns a portfolio of Green + Decent Keyword .com, already knows the level of inquiries that come in. The better the word, the better your offers especially more enviro/green awareness coming with the Amazon rain forest headed for extinction.

Also to comment above what does green jobs.com have to do with greencarpet.com. Are you really going to use this thread to pimp your unsold domain?

•••
I don’t get it if you own carpetcompany.com, why would you spend the money to buy
thecarpetcompany.com?

On their website their header says The Carpet Company so that's why :) it's a downgrade from carpet/company ofcourse but if that was my business and I was also using 'the' in the name I would try to get it if not overly expensive.

Anyway, curious if and how they are gonna put it to use. I hope they got to negotiate it down a bit and save some money to pay for a web designer ;)

Edit: carpet/company sold for 16.5K in 2011. If they were the purchaser this is one end-user happy to spend money!

Last edited:
•••
greencarpet.de and greencarpet.at both forward to this same site, as does .info.

.org is for sale, .net and .biz seem to be owned by others and forwarded to businesses, with the .biz one being a carpet site.

•••
Looks like they also purchased the .co at DAN. It's still pointing to DAN but the owner changed to their business.

•••
Looks like they also purchased the .co at DAN. It's still pointing to DAN but the owner changed to their business.
Wow how long do you think the .me will stay unregistered???

•••
You own some good green combos?

Anyone who owns a portfolio of Green + Decent Keyword .com, already knows the level of inquiries that come in. The better the word, the better your offers especially more enviro/green awareness coming with the Amazon rain forest headed for extinction.

•••
Even though not obvious from translation of current website, I wonder with the amassing of greencarpet names they are planning a new line or branding around environmentally friendly carpets.

The name would have been great for mini golf and similar carpet products so two end users might have bid it up, although as others have said, to me the final price does not seem unreasonable.

Bob

•••
Even though not obvious from translation of current website, I wonder with the amassing of greencarpet names they are planning a new line or branding around environmentally friendly carpets.

The name would have been great for mini golf and similar carpet products so two end users might have bid it up, although as others have said, to me the final price does not seem unreasonable.

Bob

I actually noticed it was listed for $75K so they were able to negotiate it down.

A lot of companies use greencarpet on the Eco friendly side of the carpet business so I think you're right.

•••
greencarpet.tv is registered, belongs to greencarpettv.com, so that is three different businesses we see here using greencarpet domains - greencarpet.be and .ch and .fr and . es forward to the same business as greencarpet.biz namely https://www.beaulieu-needlefelt.com/en/environment

greencarpet.ca and green-carpets.com are free but for how long?

Last edited:
•••
You own some good green combos?
Yes, I would think I do, I even own the .com to your Blockchain.Link as you proudly display it under your name as a random fact.

Last edited:
•••
Old school carpets are probably made of some nasty chemicals, and plastic type materials, I am sure technologies exist where they can use recycled products to make new carpets.

$37K for GreenCarpets.com seems like a fair price, I mean good high quality carpet isn't cheap.

•••
It's a good sale but GreenJobs.com is a more solid combination with more end users. :)

The domain forwards to an Austrian carpet company website. It's not clear they are an environmental carpet company but I don't speak German.
I live in Austria. Checked it out . They seem to deliver carpets for big events . They also have carpets that look like Grass ( Lawn )

•••
I live in Austria. Checked it out . They seem to deliver carpets for big events . They also have carpets that look like Grass ( Lawn )
Faux lawns are becoming very popular, you don't have to water, or cut them, and they have them looking pretty realistic these days. I understand this is an events company, but we can see the value in the domain as many people I see these days installing faux lawns, and green carpets is a multi purposed brand that could be used for this purpose also to answer the OP's question.

•••
Yes and also domains with Green are generally over priced.

•••
greencarpet.ca and green-carpets.com are free but for how long?

green-carpets.com was registered on 30 Aug, seemingly by the same people who bought greencarpet.com. Seems they registered green-carpet.com last year. I wonder if they have a Google alert that brought them to this thread?
Greemcarpet.me got registered a few days ago too.

•••
Back