IT.COM

Is parking dead?

NameSilo
Watch

mpls

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys, in your opinion, is parking dead?

Look at my last month screenshot, there are a lot of days with clicks and $ 0 revenue. 3 clicks and $ 0.01....

My stats:
CTR: 1.5% (LOL)
RPC: $ 0.01 (LOL! But only when I'm lucky! Otherwise 3 clicks $ 0!)
RPM: $ 0.11 (Seriously??? 1k user to earn $ 0.11? $ 0.11??)
Last month earning: $ 0.09 (LOL!!!!) .

I suppose I'll move away all my domain from parking companies and redirect them to sedo/uniregistry/afternic landing page.

This situation does not make sense.

park.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think parking is dead. But I do see a lot of seasonal patterns with the domains I park. Summer tends to be a low month for me and Nov./Dec are the hot month. If I can increase my parking income by another 5X, I could retired and be lazy:) Parking revenue has been rising for the last 3 years. It's no where near the old days but I think it bottomed out a few years ago.

Back in the days where Google Adsense allowed you to just park domains!! Wow that was a good life back then.. ;)

•••
Parking isn't dead at all. Much like sales dropping recently it's not the industry its the person. No one wants to put the work and dedication into it to make t worth something or get creative with some new ideas. The old domainers were much more involved into producing new ideas and methods then the newer ones. Now they just want everything handed to them.

•••
Uniregistry for the high CPC Keywords.

With the Google Keyword tool gone, how do you find CPC values for keywords these days?

•••
With the Google Keyword tool gone, how do you find CPC values for keywords these days?

Kwfinder. Com, better than google imho

•••
Is anyone using mailbox parking, if yes, which website are they using
I have. But it is one hell of a job to set up the MX records.

•••
I have. But it is one hell of a job to set up the MX records.

using it
its great
test it

they will pay me more then parkingcrew in july
got paid for april/mai already

for mx record change I use
imacros

•••
using it
its great
test it

they will pay me more then parkingcrew in july
got paid for april/mai already

for mx record change I use
imacros
Never used imacros for anything other than free bitcoin, but i had them all set to mailboxpark before I got a broker at Above to try to sell the names. I guess I could point the domains as redirect, and point the mx records again.

•••
parking is not dead, but do not as well as before

•••
Be very careful with email monetization...
I already lost 1 of my doMEns... it was suspended due to abuse reports regarding spam activity...

•••
I update my old discussion with new stats.
Situation become ridiculous month by month with parking.
My last stats:

- 56 clicks = $ 0.10

scam.png

This is crazy guys, parking is dangerous for domains (they presents a lot of EFL, external follow links, and they could be banned by google).
All this risk for $ 0.10 with 56 clicks???
10 cents??
No thanks.
Bye bye parking.

•••
You just figured this out now?

Merry Christmas to all my friends here at Namepros.

•••
The vast majority of domain names will not get any meaningful traffic, thus are not fit for parking. Not worth it for most domains.

•••
parking is not a strategic aspect when buying domains no more
my latest test at uniregistry over the last year
is making me want to leave uniregistry asap
for all their services

parkingcrew does best for me
on a very very low level

most of my domains are now pointing to m own landing system

http://wffw.com

it is working
at least

don't buy domains just in order to park them
that's not a profitable strategy no more

•••
parking is not a strategic aspect when buying domains no more
my latest test at uniregistry over the last year
is making me want to leave uniregistry asap
for all their services

parkingcrew does best for me
on a very very low level

most of my domains are now pointing to m own landing system

http://wffw.com

it is working
at least

don't buy domains just in order to park them
that's not a profitable strategy no more
I have most of mine on for sale landers now on above.com. But one name with the most traffic, freebit.co.in I forward it to my affiliate link, and have earned over .6 BTC (over 8000 at todays prices) from it, but I was thinking of trying parking for a while...

•••
I have most of mine on for sale landers now on above.com. But one name with the most traffic, freebit.co.in I forward it to my affiliate link, and have earned over .6 BTC (over 8000 at todays prices) from it, but I was thinking of trying parking for a while...

please let me know how you earned bitcoin
where does the affiliate link come from?

•••
I use DomainAdvertising, about 1500 domains, collect about $200. per month lately.

•••
I use DomainAdvertising, about 1500 domains, collect about $200. per month lately.

what kinds of domains do you own? did you reg/acquire them specifically for revenue with all the proper research etc..

•••
My domains go back over as far as back as 16 years, all but a few .com , no were not acquired for parking. Was with Fabulous before, switched to DA early this year (better customer service), parking revenue obviously was higher years ago.

Last edited:
•••
My domains go back over as far as back as 16 years, all but a few .com , no were not acquired for parking. Was with Fabulous before, switched to DA early this year (better customer service), parking revenue obviously was higher years ago.

ok ty for info
have you also tried parking crew? I am curious how it would compare to fabulous. thanks!

p.s just curious, if you say you make 200$ with DA.. can you say what you made with fabulous on average for these dns?

•••
for my domains DomainAdvertising was much worse then parking crew
with a few exceptions

•••
Moving thousands of domains for few cents does not worth it. It's better to create your own landing page and keep all traffics all by your company.

•••
ok ty for info
have you also tried parking crew? I am curious how it would compare to fabulous. thanks!

p.s just curious, if you say you make 200$ with DA.. can you say what you made with fabulous on average for these dns?

Reason switched from Fabulous to DA was not because there was any sudden jump in revenue switching but because Fabulous was just taking weeks to respond to any support email, if they responded at all. DA is much more responsive and has set me up with some custom abilities that I thought up myself and they implemented just for me.

Not interested in switching again.

•••
I had one domain suddenly spring to life after 11 years of owning it and it not generating too much. Suddenly September was $7 (which I consider good - haha), then October it hit $28 and I would have been happy with that every month for one domain... but November it ran all the way up to $103! So far in December its down to $43, I am worried that its run its course. I have searched and searched and searched and cant really figure out why its become popular other than the keywords relate to something recent on youtube and twitter... I am enjoying it while it lasts. Normally I struggle to make $10 a month these past few years!

•••
i was jut thinking of somethign today... and maybe someone with more experience can comment.. though probably the truth can only be known by park companies owners... what was the name of voodoo owner here again?

so I was thinking.. I recently came across a weird lander page with a real nice banner with some extra options and visibility.. it turned out it ws from parkign crew.. so I emailed them the link to it.. and asked how its possible for me to get such nice banner and extra featurs on it etc.. and they replied something like.. for now, these are only available to people who earn a certain range of money from parking per day..

so because of this I wonder, do you guys think its possible parking companies are literally paying out more money on a per click basis, for same domains, to a guy who earns more money per, say, a month to the park company.. than if the same guy had same domains parked with same company, but was earning overall less money.. per month let's say??????? thoughts????????

I guess the alternate way to ask this is.... do park companies take less of a share of park revenue from the guy who is making them more money on the whole.. and then take more from the guy who makes them less.. on each click. or per month......

just curious.. now that I've clearly confirmed, at least with park crew, that not all people are treated same with regarsd to certain features at least.

•••
This might be correct in that I am not aware of anyone else who has been able to set up what I've custom set up after devising the concept, with my parking account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back