IT.COM

Is parking dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mpls

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys, in your opinion, is parking dead?

Look at my last month screenshot, there are a lot of days with clicks and $ 0 revenue. 3 clicks and $ 0.01....

My stats:
CTR: 1.5% (LOL)
RPC: $ 0.01 (LOL! But only when I'm lucky! Otherwise 3 clicks $ 0!)
RPM: $ 0.11 (Seriously??? 1k user to earn $ 0.11? $ 0.11??)
Last month earning: $ 0.09 (LOL!!!!) .

I suppose I'll move away all my domain from parking companies and redirect them to sedo/uniregistry/afternic landing page.

This situation does not make sense.

park.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This might be correct in that I am not aware of anyone else who has been able to set up what I've custom set up after devising the concept, with my parking account.

hmm.. you mean for keywords and such? well anyone can customize keywords.. and based on that it can yeild different results to different people.. I Was referign to the idea of:

you own domain1.com and park it with say parking crew.. but because your whole portofolio makes money per month to parking crew, they take less of a share of revenue from your domain1.

whereas if you sold domain1 to me, and my porotfolio makes them maybe half revenue of yours, then perhaps they take more share of profit from doamin1..

•••
I did do keywords too, yes, but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about here. Which don't ask, because I won't tell!

<<
you own domain1.com and park it with say parking crew.. but because your whole portofolio makes money per month to parking crew, they take less of a share of revenue from your domain1.

whereas if you sold domain1 to me, and my porotfolio makes them maybe half revenue of yours, then perhaps they take more share of profit from doamin1..>>

Who's on first? I didn't follow.

Last edited:
•••
i was jut thinking of somethign today... and maybe someone with more experience can comment.. though probably the truth can only be known by park companies owners... what was the name of voodoo owner here again?

so I was thinking.. I recently came across a weird lander page with a real nice banner with some extra options and visibility.. it turned out it ws from parkign crew.. so I emailed them the link to it.. and asked how its possible for me to get such nice banner and extra featurs on it etc.. and they replied something like.. for now, these are only available to people who earn a certain range of money from parking per day..

so because of this I wonder, do you guys think its possible parking companies are literally paying out more money on a per click basis, for same domains, to a guy who earns more money per, say, a month to the park company.. than if the same guy had same domains parked with same company, but was earning overall less money.. per month let's say??????? thoughts????????

I guess the alternate way to ask this is.... do park companies take less of a share of park revenue from the guy who is making them more money on the whole.. and then take more from the guy who makes them less.. on each click. or per month......

just curious.. now that I've clearly confirmed, at least with park crew, that not all people are treated same with regarsd to certain features at least.

Thats why I call domain parking a huge black box. Very few people know exactly what is going on inside. Its so inconsistent, at least in my experience....

•••
Thats why I call domain parking a huge black box. Very few people know exactly what is going on inside. Its so inconsistent, at least in my experience....

true... it is incosnistent.. same domain can make 1$ on a day.. then 10 cent another day.. etc..

however, if companies take different % cut from your profit based on your overall revenue on all your domains.... say per month... versus a taking smaller % from the guy who makes more revenue... then that's taking "inconsistency" to whole new levels imo :)

•••
if you would own a parking company
and would need some extra cash
for ..well whatever..

what would you do?

•••
hmmmmmmm
maybe the voodoo owner can say if this is common practice
to take more % revenue from each click, from people who do not meet certain total monthly rev threasholds..

I mean that % is either fixed for all or variable based on total earnings.
no other ways

oh yes I remember now... the name...... @Donny

can u comment plz? ty

•••
true... it is incosnistent.. same domain can make 1$ on a day.. then 10 cent another day.. etc..

however, if companies take different % cut from your profit based on your overall revenue on all your domains.... say per month... versus a taking smaller % from the guy who makes more revenue... then that's taking "inconsistency" to whole new levels imo :)

We're all guilty of being enablers I suppose. I am sure its not an easy business to start, the barrier to entry must be higher than normal or we'd all be doing it.... But If we were all to stop parking, that part of the industry would fizzle out. Here it is, almost 2018, and no one really knows what goes on inside that box. There are no disclosures, no audits, not one looking over anyone's books... But I keep parking. :) Probably need to stop this in 2018. Need to make this a resolution.

•••
true.. however, like I said, taking more % revenue share from those who earn less overall at the end of the month... and just because they earn less overall.. is just taking things to a different level.. I HOPE its not being done. but I'd like to hear a confirmation.

•••
i was jut thinking of somethign today... and maybe someone with more experience can comment.. though probably the truth can only be known by park companies owners... what was the name of voodoo owner here again?

so I was thinking.. I recently came across a weird lander page with a real nice banner with some extra options and visibility.. it turned out it ws from parkign crew.. so I emailed them the link to it.. and asked how its possible for me to get such nice banner and extra featurs on it etc.. and they replied something like.. for now, these are only available to people who earn a certain range of money from parking per day..

so because of this I wonder, do you guys think its possible parking companies are literally paying out more money on a per click basis, for same domains, to a guy who earns more money per, say, a month to the park company.. than if the same guy had same domains parked with same company, but was earning overall less money.. per month let's say??????? thoughts????????

I guess the alternate way to ask this is.... do park companies take less of a share of park revenue from the guy who is making them more money on the whole.. and then take more from the guy who makes them less.. on each click. or per month......

just curious.. now that I've clearly confirmed, at least with park crew, that not all people are treated same with regarsd to certain features at least.
I was the co-founder of a forum for domains years ago and DomainSponsor gave me a higher %age for my account, as well as some of the members on the site. The others made way more than me. I think the earnings went from 50 to 65% after I asked them to upgrade me.

Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_49.png
    Screenshot_49.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 76
•••
I was the co-founder of a forum for domains years ago and DomainSponsor gave me a higher %age for my account, as well as some of the members on the site. The others made way more than me. I think the earnings went from 50 to 65% after I asked them to upgrade me.

ty for sharing
I hope this is not something that happens everywhere... or any longer.

how much % revenue they take from a click should be same for everyone no matter how much total revenue they make per month or per day.. or whatver.

otherwise imagine I buy a trafic domain from you today that's been making X profit for you.. but because you were making total of $500 on all your domains per month revenue, and I make $10 per month on all my domains, I will be only making half the revenue (or whartver %) on that particular domain.. compared to you...

that's like theft I think.
ok theft is big word.
let's reduce it to scam.

•••
Well heres the thing, most larger portfolio owners dont sell their names in small lots, or to smaller investors, so there is little chance of that happening. You would have to ask them to get the same rate if they get a special rate, I suppose.

As for me, I have not used DS for a long time.

Last edited:
•••
Well heres the thing, most larger portfolio owners dont sell their names in small lots, or to smaller investors, so there is little chance of that happening. You would have to ask them to get the same rate if they get a special rate, I suppose.

well.....

I can go visit the trafic domains for sale section right here on np any time.. and grab a deal from some guy .. many of which are for one domain.. and that guy has been making 10$ per click for past 6 months on this domain... and then I put it in my account and I make $1 per click.. same domain.. difference being.. that guy's total portofolio was making $1000 per month.. and mine makes $10 per month.. as examples.

guess what happens next... well.. for one thing.. the buyer goes back to seller and says.. I'm making 10% of what you were making

then seller has no idea why.. buyer doesn't know why.. which is partly why it'd be nice to have someone who runs park company to confirm how it is.

•••
I was helping danny007 with his portfolio on Parked.com at one time, and it was nothing to see a 1300 dollar day there. But he had one monster name on that account, b**b.com. He had paid 80K for it at auction.

•••
well.....

I can go visit the trafic domains for sale section right here on np any time.. and grab a deal from some guy .. many of which are for one domain.. and that guy has been making 10$ per click for past 6 months on this domain... and then I put it in my account and I make $1 per click.. same domain.. difference being.. that guy's total portofolio was making $1000 per month.. and mine makes $10 per month.. as examples.

guess what happens next... well.. for one thing.. the buyer goes back to seller and says.. I'm making 10% of what you were making

then seller has no idea why.. buyer doesn't know why.. which is partly why it'd be nice to have someone who runs park company to confirm how it is.
The difference would not be that drastic. Maybe 15-20%. And if they get a special rate, they will know it.

•••
The difference would not be that drastic. Maybe 15-20%. And if they get a special rate, they will know it.

well true.. I exagarated with the rate.. but it was just example.. all in all, I hope there is no % difference in examples I gave.
and if there is I hope its not 50%... I guess 10% would be acceptable. not really fair I guess. but.. life is not fair.
:)

cheers
ty

•••
If somebody walks in the door without us knowing who they are we give them a certain revshare. If I personally know them I may give them like 2-3% higher as we already pay a very high percentage by default. We start everybody out above 90%.

Donny

•••
There are billions of users, a low percentage probably using ad blocker.

If you consider 25% to 30% low.

I ran an 'adblock detector' script on my high traffic website, and around 25% of visitors were running adblock software.

For some niches (like tech) this number will be much higher. It is not unsubstantial, its completely changing the internet as we know it.... people crying about net neutrality, but people wanting free information but no ads is killing a lot of ad supported content sites too.

•••
If you consider 25% to 30% low.

I ran an 'adblock detector' script on my high traffic website, and around 25% of visitors were running adblock software.

For some niches (like tech) this number will be much higher. It is not unsubstantial, its completely changing the internet as we know it.... people crying about net neutrality, but people wanting free information but no ads is killing a lot of ad supported content sites too.
Would it help to have static ads?

I also like the option of making Amazon content sites and getting paid in a rev share rather than in PPC. I redirect some names to the sponsors too.

Last edited:
•••
Ad blockers work by finding a common url or path and blocking it. So for example domainpark.cgi and whether that is an ad or not it will block it. Some companies can check to see if you a browser has an adblocker installed and if they do they show something different that isn't blocked. But it's a cat and mouse game. Only one person has to come to your site and see that an ad is being displayed they don't like and they can have that one blocked as well.

You could programmatically change the url every time if you wanted. I have seen that work and that is what facebook has done in a very round about way.

Donny

•••
Agree on the inconsistent domain parking performance.
One of my domains seemed to earnings were not tied up to traffic at all. Go figure.

zZu992S.png

•••
Screenshot_20210705-212133_Chrome.jpg
wow
had this weird stat today.. for names that never got even b4 ..

the two top ones seem odd..but first one especially..

comments?

Last edited:
•••
@alcy i predict a closed account just give bodis time ^^

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back