IT.COM

Is parking dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mpls

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys, in your opinion, is parking dead?

Look at my last month screenshot, there are a lot of days with clicks and $ 0 revenue. 3 clicks and $ 0.01....

My stats:
CTR: 1.5% (LOL)
RPC: $ 0.01 (LOL! But only when I'm lucky! Otherwise 3 clicks $ 0!)
RPM: $ 0.11 (Seriously??? 1k user to earn $ 0.11? $ 0.11??)
Last month earning: $ 0.09 (LOL!!!!) .

I suppose I'll move away all my domain from parking companies and redirect them to sedo/uniregistry/afternic landing page.

This situation does not make sense.

park.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You would need to send a ticket into our system so we can look at your account, etc...

Our TOS is pretty easy to understand, it's not nearly as easy as a new one we are working on that is written in plain English. It just is a lot more complicated with some things so we haven't implemented it yet.

Donny

•••
You would need to send a ticket into our system so we can look at your account, etc...

Our TOS is pretty easy to understand, it's not nearly as easy as a new one we are working on that is written in plain English. It just is a lot more complicated with some things so we haven't implemented it yet.

Donny

Thanks!

•••
And I do give you credit for perhaps the most transparent TOS that I have seen out there.

And I give you kudos for doing all this work and posting it. (y)

•••
what if someone proactively did some backlink and PR efforts and social media promo? to boost traffic? no guarantee of increased profits right?
If your parking provider uses Adsense to monetize the domains, you'll be violating their ToS with this and will likely get banned.

•••

Look at my last month screenshot, there are a lot of days with clicks and $ 0 revenue. 3 clicks and $ 0.01....

My stats:

I suppose I'll move away all my domain from parking companies and redirect them to sedo/uniregistry/afternic landing page.

Show attachment 63246
From my experience, PC is really bad. I've had better experience with Bodis and for one particular domain, with Afternic. PC by far has always performed the worst for me. I've also tried Sedo and Uni with no success. Have not been "accepted" by Voodoo and Parklogic so can't talk about them.

•••
Forget about your friend. There are billions of users, a low percentage probably using ad blocker.
If you concentrate on parking for your business, say goodbye now and don't waste your time.
Estimates range between 20-35% which is NOT a low percentage by any stretch

•••
The reason we don't publically say what the number is that it's not allowed for us to publically state what that number is. :) It's in our agreement with our upstream ad provider.

Donny

I would actullay choose a parking company that is totally transparent
over each other platform

even if I earn less

( joking - as that seems impossible to me )

parking means trusting

as long as you earn money
nobody dares to complain

but as soon as you enhance your investment into domains
and income diminuishes continuesly
you will become suspicious

seeing parking companies buying other parking companies
gives aditional doubt

what is the use of that?
everybody is a member of each of those companies anyway

how do they pay these aquisitions?
based on parking income ?
.obviously.

in the last years the cost of doing advertising has not become cheaper
we should expect a much better income from parking meanwhile

what is the daily work of a parking company?

its not improving income for the parked domains
thats for sure

Last edited:
•••
I own a domain (.de)
keywordkeyword.de

industry is "baby"

a company established
after me owning the domain for years
using keyword-keyword.de as company domain
(in germany we like the dashes;) )
they established an affiliate program for their shop having the dashed version only

they never contacted me about my domain
they closed the affiliate program lately
and their domain now redirects to a company offering similar stuff

that domain still gets hits
( for about 10 years or so )

they should have bought my domain..
who knows they might still be in business...

here is the latest unireg results compared with previous voodoo results

where would you park it?

unireg:

upload_2017-7-7_11-26-7.png

voodoo:

upload_2017-7-7_11-26-16.png

Last edited:
•••
and here comes parkingcrew when they were still great

but as you see it took them nearly half a year to get decent results on the traffic
(and they where the very best at that time in parking)

upload_2017-7-7_11-35-51.png

Last edited:
•••
before I forget
the best of the best

Bodis
upload_2017-7-7_12-21-25.png

•••
Adblockers have done quite a bit of damage to parking companies, but some of us are whitelisted by the largest one and if you pull up one of our domains the ads still work just fine. But it's only the biggest one, not some of the smaller ones. The parking companies have to pay for this monthly.

What is the daily job of a parking company? I have 10 people who work for me full time and we are busy all of the time. When you have over 10k customers, and you have to help them whether they make $0.01 a day or $10,000 a day.

Why does one parking company buy another? So they can get a bigger piece of the pie and it also depends on what type of deal you can get. Customers may have accounts with different parking companies, but once they find one they like they usually are almost exclusive with that one company. I would say almost 90% of my customers who send me traffic today are exclusive with us. That doesn't mean they don't try other people every once in a while.

Revenue goes up and down on a normal basis. Advertisers pay more or less sometimes and filters get better or worse. It's always good to test with different companies every once in a while. It's amazing what simple changes can do.

Last month we paid out the most we have ever paid to our customers. To me that doesn't say that parking is dead.

Donny

•••
Adblockers have done quite a bit of damage to parking companies, but some of us are whitelisted by the largest one and if you pull up one of our domains the ads still work just fine. But it's only the biggest one, not some of the smaller ones. The parking companies have to pay for this monthly.

What is the daily job of a parking company? I have 10 people who work for me full time and we are busy all of the time. When you have over 10k customers, and you have to help them whether they make $0.01 a day or $10,000 a day.

Why does one parking company buy another? So they can get a bigger piece of the pie and it also depends on what type of deal you can get. Customers may have accounts with different parking companies, but once they find one they like they usually are almost exclusive with that one company. I would say almost 90% of my customers who send me traffic today are exclusive with us. That doesn't mean they don't try other people every once in a while.

Revenue goes up and down on a normal basis. Advertisers pay more or less sometimes and filters get better or worse. It's always good to test with different companies every once in a while. It's amazing what simple changes can do.

Last month we paid out the most we have ever paid to our customers. To me that doesn't say that parking is dead.

Donny

Well said, Donny!

Appreciate your input, insight and experience in this area.

from "Parked.com" to "Voodoo, You've always been willing to step up to the mic.

Thanks
Don

imo...

•••

Donny

thank you Donny

for taking the time to answer
a few of the questions ..

Last edited:
•••
Well said, Donny!

Appreciate your input, insight and experience in this area.

from "Parked.com" to "Voodoo, You've always been willing to step up to the mic.

Thanks
Don

imo...

parked .. I nearly forgot it...
those were the days ...

•••

My stats:

Show attachment 63246
Parking is dead

•••
Yes, it has been dead for years, but I have had some names that could earn a little on parking. I would prefer to forward them to Amazon.

•••
I am not point fingers to any company here, nor saying it as bad thing really.. after all any park company can make argument that they owe us absolutely nothing.. and provide a service they are welcome to pay us for any amount they please and because its free service to us, we hve no right to complain demand or expect some specific payout from them.. but be content with any amount we get.. including zero.. would this be a nice thing of them to say.. no of course not.. but can they still apply it in real life.. with or without telling us.. of course they can. and possibly do... and guess what.. if they do.. you will NEVER EVER know it anyway! cause all you ever see is 0 or 1 cent clicks one day.. then same clicks worth 1$ few days later.. or rpcs jumping from 2$ to 2 cents.. etc.. and you just assume that's how its gotta be.. like you say its okay that today its 30 celsius no rain, and tomorrow its 15 celsius with rain. etc.

........so...... my understanding and the assumption I go by is that all park companies have profit margins to meet.. min.. max etc.. and when those are not met, on a daily/weekly/whatever basis... then adjustemnts are made.. and in my opinion when those adjustments are needed, it is not their profits or expectations thta get reduced.. but those who park with them.

which is essentially how I explain to myself why a domain of mine parked at say PC is receiving rpc of 1$ for a month.. with couple clicks each day.. and then rpc of 2 cents.. with couple clicks per few days... among other occurances or abnormalities.

this could also explain why only gd gives % profit you will receive.. which is meaningless anyway ccause none of it can be verified etc... and why most companies just plain refuse to give it.. cause imo they know full well its not a fixed thing... or.. meaningless.. for that matter.

jmo of course. but its a story I tell myself to explain the ridiculous patterrns of hugely flactuating rpcs.. #clicks.. clicks worth 0 cents.. or 1 cent.. etc etc..

cheers

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone using mailbox parking, if yes, which website are they using

•••

Domain parking is still working for me.

It's not as profitable as it used to be (my portfolio peaked in 2012 and I sold off large chunks of it) but the monthly payments are still quite decent. I wish the Australian dollar would fall a little more against the USD though :)

•••
If anyone knows the health of parking, it's someone that has tens of thousands of good names. I'd like to hear from them.

As for some folks still making money on parking, even in a financial depression, some people do better than others. Doesn't mean the overall economy is healthy.

Last edited:
•••
You might be right but I don't know if you have ever looked at a parked page with adblock plus and the ultimate filter list loaded. That is a very popular extension which almost completely hid parked pages, it shows no links and/or content. I see a page and click to the next website.

As ad blockers get even more popular they are certainly taking away from parked pages where a nice landing page would not be blocked and therefore increases the odds of a sale.

@biggie It's a great debate though and I can see your point but I am talking from years of personal experience where I can say I don't see content of a parked page.... none... zero.

Which adblocker is this out of curiousity? For me it depends on the service. Technically as they are on Google's ad feed they should qualify as acceptable ads and I know Google struck a deal with a few companies to white list ads.

It seems periodically ads are blocked on Sedo. I noticed after a recent update that uniregistry ads are now blocked (they're working to sort it out).

Parking crew ads display fine with adblock enabled. So it's not a black and white case of adblock blocks all parking ads.

But yes, revenue is terrible these days.

•••
ublock blocks all parked domains for me... They don't have the shady acceptable ads feature

•••
Which adblocker is this out of curiousity? For me it depends on the service. Technically as they are on Google's ad feed they should qualify as acceptable ads and I know Google struck a deal with a few companies to white list ads.

It seems periodically ads are blocked on Sedo. I noticed after a recent update that uniregistry ads are now blocked (they're working to sort it out).

Parking crew ads display fine with adblock enabled. So it's not a black and white case of adblock blocks all parking ads.

But yes, revenue is terrible these days.

I don't use acceptable ads, I block all ads and I have all kinds of filters installed so I see virtually nothing on parked pages. A sedo parked page is virtually blank.

•••
I don't use acceptable ads, I block all ads and I have all kinds of filters installed so I see virtually nothing on parked pages. A sedo parked page is virtually blank.
I'd still recommend you look at uBlock. It performs much better than AdBlock, is not shady and is lighter in terms of resource usage

•••
I would actullay choose a parking company that is totally transparent
over each other platform

even if I earn less

( joking - as that seems impossible to me )

parking means trusting

what is the daily work of a parking company?

its not improving income for the parked domains
thats for sure

I'm totally with you!
I really appreciate Donny replies but I also agree that a parking serive/ feed providers should be more transparent with customers, especially the one with better traffic quality.

IMHO they must provide more data like:
1)where the traffic come from, what is the % (showing the backlink url if it's type in or search or social) and which ones bring clicks
2)which ads are clicked and how much is the actual CPC
3)what the poeple search on the parking lander page
4)from which countries the traffic come from and what are the countries who click on ads

and some other data.

I know that some parking services already provide a part of this data and that parking companies cannot disclose certain data for security reason but again...I think that customers need more transparency, especially the ones with a good reputation matured years after years.

At the moment parking is just: i send you my traffic and you give me something without letting me know nothing about how you calculate the revenues.
if this is not good for you, you can change to another service.

Parking companies and feed providers should collaborate to be transparents with customers, everytime we ask something about RPC or so on the answer is just: we don't have a reply from our feed due to security reason.....or something similar.

The ads providers seem to be the less transparent..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back