IT.COM

Is parking dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mpls

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys, in your opinion, is parking dead?

Look at my last month screenshot, there are a lot of days with clicks and $ 0 revenue. 3 clicks and $ 0.01....

My stats:
CTR: 1.5% (LOL)
RPC: $ 0.01 (LOL! But only when I'm lucky! Otherwise 3 clicks $ 0!)
RPM: $ 0.11 (Seriously??? 1k user to earn $ 0.11? $ 0.11??)
Last month earning: $ 0.09 (LOL!!!!) .

I suppose I'll move away all my domain from parking companies and redirect them to sedo/uniregistry/afternic landing page.

This situation does not make sense.

park.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@maksimfa why u keep plugging tough service?

this thread is about whether or not parking is dead.

imo...

Actually I just mentioned it because it is pertinent to this exact topic and I hope others can plug in others that work for this as well.

1. Ad Blocking is killing domain parking.
2. Google de-emphasizing parked pages is killing domain parking.
3. Parking companies taking % that is undisclosed is killing domain parking.

The solutions are...
1. Semi develop the sites, plug in own code.
2. Use a parking service that gives you 80% or more of parking revenue, or disclose what you have.
3. Use a parking service that lets you plug in your own adsense code, only one I know of is tough domains.
4. Drive traffic to your parked domains.

I do not get paid nor am I affiliated with any of the services mentioned.

I am simply sharing my experience as both a user of developed sites and user of parking services like Bodis, Sedo and TD.

•••
Btw, anyone who does NOT see the merits of running your own banner codes and analytics versus relying on a service is missing the boat.

@biggie name ONE service or a solution that lets me run my own Adsense code on parking pages so I can capture the $14 CPC... instead of giving up god knows what percentage.

This has VERY much EVERYTHING to do with parking.

•••
I only have a few domains parked. Of those only 3 or 4 get any traffic and in the last 30 days it looks like this...

Visitors - 728
Clicks - 152
CTR - 20.88%
Revenue - $9.91

I'm guessing this isn't very good although I have no clue what I'm doing and therefore have done nothing other than park with default settings.

•••
@maksimfa if you was making any money from parking, adsense or from wherever, then you would have said so

but it's been mostly blah, blah, without actual statistics.

you guys/gals talk all around the point,
trying to make other points, when they aren't even the point..... which make them pointless.

imo...

•••
Agreed on that one @maksimfa

I also have no affiliation to tough domains but feel that he has done exactly what we as the members have asked of him. He should get the odd shout out when it relates to the discussion.

@biggie I would show the same support for you or another member if there was a correlation to the subject at hand.

•••
@maksimfa if you was making any money from parking, adsense or from wherever, then you would have said so

but it's been mostly blah, blah, without actual statistics.

you guys/gals talk all around the point,
trying to make other points, when they aren't even the point..... which make them pointless.

imo...

If you was? =)

Yes, I make money from parking and adsense, on top of the money I have from developed sites. In fact, that is how and why I was able to disclose what percentage of ads are viewable. Just scroll up but please don't let facts get in the way.

•••
I only have a few domains parked. Of those only 3 or 4 get any traffic and in the last 30 days it looks like this...

Visitors - 728
Clicks - 152
CTR - 20.88%
Revenue - $9.91

I'm guessing this isn't very good although I have no clue what I'm doing and therefore have done nothing other than park with default settings.

for a few names, that's not so bad

if you make $9 every month or a little more from those names, that could pay renewal fees plus some extra for your pocket.

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
Last edited:
•••
1. Ad Blocking is killing domain parking.
2. Google de-emphasizing parked pages is killing domain parking.
3. Parking companies taking % that is undisclosed is killing domain parking.

personally I vote for #3

•••
•••

Visitors - 728
Clicks - 152
CTR - 20.88%
Revenue - $9.91

au contraire

this is very good

•••
CTR is too high for a parking domain. Something fishy going on?

•••
CTR is too high for a parking domain. Something fishy going on?

Likely poor quality traffic and bot clicks... his payout however, $.06 per click is then normalized... but yes, I agree. It does seem high, unless it is ads masked as content.

•••
Okay, so this really got me thinking.... looked at TOS for one of the parking companies I used...

"
9. Commission Payments
(a) During the Term of this Agreement, Company agrees to pay Member a commission (the "Commission") based upon revenues earned from Member's Monetized Domains. The calculation of such Commissions is determined internally by Company, in its sole discretion, by utilizing Company's own internal formulas, algorithms, policies and procedures. Company further reserves the right to penalize Commissions derived from poor quality traffic, as determined in Company's sole and absolute discretion, by imposing additional penalty deductions upon Commissions calculated by Company. Company makes no guarantee or other representation regarding the amount of Commissions to be paid to Member under this Agreement."

Will try to find others.

But in essence... we may pay you, we may not, and you don't have the right to know how or what. For all we know, they may keep 80% of the earnings.

Humn... I may be in the wrong business. lol.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Next one... Again... no % set.

4.1 We will pay you a commission of net revenue we receive on the basis of your participation in the Program in accordance with the following:

a. the commission, which is a percentage of the net revenues earned, shall be determined by us based on your Domain Name portfolio in the Program;

b. we determine such commissions in tiers and such tiers shall be determined by the size, source and quality of your Domain Name portfolio in the Program;

•••
Parking Crew .... cannot find TOS but in the FAQ they just say they pay the highest percentage due to low overhead.

The travesty of it all is.... who knows what the percentage is anyway since none of the big ones I have viewed far actually disclose what they pay out.

•••
•••
The reason we don't publically say what the number is that it's not allowed for us to publically state what that number is. :) It's in our agreement with our upstream ad provider.

Donny

•••
The reason we don't publically say what the number is that it's not allowed for us to publically state what that number is. :) It's in our agreement with our upstream ad provider.

Donny

Thanks for chiming in. So how come GoDaddy publishes their numbers? Can you ballpark it?
I am sure you can understand how if you look at it on the surface... someone with a serious portfolio can be concerned...

There is ZERO data published by the providers I reviewed, and Sedo basically says.... just try us, and all of the TOS are completely non-transparent.

As much as I don't love GoDaddy, they are the only ones I saw so far that actually give you a ballpark.

•••
Maybe you should actually ask the company you are using and see what they tell you. :) We pay higher than that number that you mentioned. But usually if you are actually using somebody and then ask them they will tell you. But not if you are just shopping around.

Donny

•••
Maybe you should actually ask the company you are using and see what they tell you. :) We pay higher than that number that you mentioned. But usually if you are actually using somebody and then ask them they will tell you. But not if you are just shopping around.

Donny

You have a PM inbound. =)

And I do give you credit for perhaps the most transparent TOS that I have seen out there.

I am sure you can understand how people can think that way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back