IT.COM

Is immoral for Google's recently launched Coronavirus website to be featuring videos with paid ads?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Picorio

Established Member
Impact
The Topic about whether it's immoral or not to register or profit from Coronavirus related domains is right now a hot trending topic here on NamePros and all over the Domain industry!

However, a simple search in some important Coronavirus informative websites out there, will show that most of them ( Not to say all of them) are running paid ads on their platforms while covering the Pandemic!

One of the most important and most complete informative Coronavirus website right now is Worldometers. They are running bunch of Google's ads on their "especially" created Coronavirus page in which they feature worldwide Coronavirus statistics. (Take a look by yourself)
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

How about Google the Internet giant?
If you go to Google's recently launched Coronavirus information site, https://www.google.com/covid19/ and you scroll down to the section
Resources to help
and click on any of those " Resources to Help Videos," you will see they all are running paid ads on each video( except the one for Learn@Home) The question here is Who those ads belong to: Google. Who are making profit out of those ads: of course Google + plus the affiliates who created those videos.

HOW ABOUT THE NEWS CHANNELS (Broadcasters)
How they make money? They make money largely through on-air advertising - correct?

Think for a second:

If we ask right now to the Millions of NEWS Channels and Radio stations around the world to stop running their on-air advertising while they are covering the Coronavirus outbreak? Do you think they will do so? I doubt it. So neither Google, Yahoo or Bing will stop running their advertising services either! Are they being immoral or unethical while making money from ads during this pandemic outbreak?

More over:
How might be seen immoral for someone to register Coronavirus related domains to " profit" from them by either selling or creating informative websites to place adsense on them but it's okay for BIG TECH companies to make money with advertising services or on-air advertising on Coronavirus related news and websites? is there any difference? I don't see it. Can you?

So if they are not doing anything wrong. I believe neither webmasters or domainers are!
Do you see my point?

Un poquito mas:
Did you see the news about:
Distilleries Race to Make Hand Sanitizer Amid Coronavirus?
Look what the FDA said:

"Due to high demand for hand sanitizer, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced Friday that it will not take action against firms that begin manufacturing hand sanitizer for consumers and health care professionals, the agency said in a statement." https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/fda...cturers-that-start-making-hand-sanitizer.html

The point of the matter is that we "probably" never gonna be the same after this Pandemic is over. The whole world will change. Our life will be(is being already ) impacted including the way we work or make money, exercise, socialize, shop, manage our health, educate our kids, take care of family members, invest on domains etc.

Feel free to share your thoughts about this topic and be safe out there! Gracias!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No?

since paid ads are immoral, cant click "skip" fast enough on their YouTube subsidiary.

It's like a Google rite of passage with videos.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Honestly I find the internet unusable without an ad blocker. Coronavirus or not.

•••
No?

since paid ads are immoral, cant click "skip" fast enough on their YouTube subsidiary.

It's like a Google rite of passage with videos.

Samer

I think it's all about "adjusting to the situation." I think we all eventually will have to change or adjust over time in line with the economic and business cycle.

•••
Speaking of Adjusting to the present time: Since the sports industry has shutdown their main events in sports : Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Football, Tennis, Marathons, and Volleyball; Now the multi billion Sports betting industry will probably consider the possibility of Weather betting.

Betting On The Weather? Yes, Apparently It's A Real Thing

•••
Speaking of Adjusting to the present time: Since the sports industry has shutdown their main events in sports : Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Football, Tennis, Marathons, and Volleyball; Now the multi billion Sports betting industry will probably consider the possibility of Weather betting.

Betting On The Weather? Yes, Apparently It's A Real Thing
Actually, as a result of the times, esports is about to explode in the sports betting market.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back