Dynadot

question Is HugeDomains dropping some domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cypherpunk

Domain.NetworkEstablished Member
Impact
Looking for some names I've found interesting domains available to hand reg which the previous recent owner was HugeDomains. Apparently, they acquired the domains through DropCatch or GD closeouts.

Does anybody know if HugeDomains sometimes drops some of their names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes alot... infact i picked some mikemann dropped names recently..

•••
Constantly, I think they keep the name for 2-3 years and if no interest then dropped, sometimes they drop a good quality names.

•••
Constantly, I think they keep the name for 2-3 years and if no interest then dropped, sometimes they drop a good quality names.

If it were true, they would be dropping 1-2 million names a year, as 80%+ of their names should not attract any interest in 2-3 years span

•••
If it were true, they would be dropping 1-2 million names a year, as 80%+ of their names should not attract any interest in 2-3 years span
If you check any hugedomains drop names history you'll see most of them were there registration for 2-3 years. Also i think their definition of interest differs from yours, no make offer or inquiries or inbound or outbound, they just snatch the name and tag it with $2995, the rest just plain old fashion traffic bot statistics.

•••
If you check any hugedomains drop names history you'll see most of them were there registration for 2-3 years. Also i think their definition of interest differs from yours, no make offer or inquiries or inbound or outbound, they just snatch the name and tag it with $2995, the rest just plain old fashion traffic bot statistics.

I agree that they drop and I agree that their metrics is more advanced/complicated than "no interest in 2-3" years.

I assume they have some sort of ranking based on various metrics during the time they hold the names and every year they might be dropping what they perceive as the worst 1% or so. Even that would mean dropping 70000 names a year.

And the reason why they pick up the stuff they might not want later is simple: they save by using other people's brains and efforts by tailing them and bidding based on other people's interest. So they might end up with tens of thousands of names that are not of the required value.

But it might still be better for them than hiring tens of people and paying them salaries, benefits etc. to do the job of choosing the names. Instead they use others for free and just write off the undesirables later on.

•••
I am yet to see a name they dropped, however, they have many that I dropped with nice prices :-P

•••
I am yet to see a name they dropped, however, they have many that I dropped with nice prices :-P

Go to DropCatch.com's and checkout their Pre-Release domains. These are all HugeDomains (or their famly) dropping domains. Most of them drop. You can buy them for regfee, well $10.

•••
Looking for some names I've found interesting domains available to hand reg which the previous recent owner was HugeDomains. Apparently, they acquired the domains through DropCatch or GD closeouts.

Does anybody know if HugeDomains sometimes drops some of their names?

see my reply above :)

•••
Go to DropCatch.com's and checkout their Pre-Release domains. These are all HugeDomains (or their famly) dropping domains. Most of them drop. You can buy them for regfee, well $10.

Which domain are pre-Release domains?

•••
Which domain are pre-Release domains?

Click search without a keyword and leave only Pre-Release domains as ticked. Although you might prefer to use a keyword

•••
Click search without a keyword and leave only Pre-Release domains as ticked. Although you might prefer to use a keyword

Thanks for info ,please what is % of getting pre-Release domain at dropcatch?

•••

Interesting! I understand there are auctions for those names, am I wrong?

•••
Does anyone who has followed this have an idea whether their drop rate has gone up, down or stayed the same over the years?

Also, am I correct that they only announce a selection of their sales, so there is no way to compare the number they drop vs the number they sell?

Thanks to all for interesting discussion in this thread.

Bob

•••
Thanks for info ,please what is % of getting pre-Release domain at dropcatch?

Depends on the domain name. Very good domains might get overbid at the last moment. So you need to watch them at close time. But I win most of the domains I want for $10. (Which might say more about my choices, than the competition :)

•••
Does anyone who has followed this have an idea whether their drop rate has gone up, down or stayed the same over the years?

Also, am I correct that they only announce a selection of their sales, so there is no way to compare the number they drop vs the number they sell?

Thanks to all for interesting discussion in this thread.

Bob

Can't answer that one. IIRC, they have only been offering these for about a year. Nope. They don't report the sales, sales vs dropping. I don't see why they would do that for domains they are disinterested in.

•••
•••
•••
Someone gather a list!

List of what? Dropping HugeDomains domains? There are way too many to list. Just go to DropCatch and list for yourself.

•••
List of what? Dropping HugeDomains domains? There are way too many to list. Just go to DropCatch and list for yourself.

It's a joke....

•••
•••
I’ve been waiting 7 years for them to drop a domain. I’d be really curious of how they determine what to drop as I see domains that are arguably much better that they’ve been dropping now.

•••
Probably my third hand domains they bought anything I ever dropped.

•••
They are dropping names. I picked up CarVideoSystem.com the other day which they used to own. Plenty of others.

The good thing about picking up a drop from them is you know pricing that didn't work over possibly a good few years.

So it's time to price low, perhaps $399 or something to tempt an affiliate site builder or small business. SystemBots.com was another I picked up from their drops, I will price it low.

Some say it's too late to get good domains but on the contrary, the game is just beginning!

Last edited:
•••
They are dropping names. I picked up CarVideoSystem.com the other day which they used to own. Plenty of others.

The good thing about picking up a drop from them is you know pricing that didn't work over possibly a good few years.

So it's time to price low, perhaps $399 or something to tempt an affiliate site builder or small business. SystemBots.com was another I picked up from their drops, I will price it low.

Some say it's too late to get good domains but on the contrary, the game is just beginning!

SystemBots.com it's a very good name if you can get it through hand reg. Did you find those names through DropCatch too?

•••
Back