Dynadot

Is GoDaddy taking the p**s?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
I've just received this email from them -
Act fast and save 20%* on wallysinsurance.info** today.

I don't register, or even look at info names, and I certainly wouldn't want a name about anything for wallys. What are they up to sending me stupid spam like this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've just received this email from them -

I don't register, or even look at info names, and I certainly wouldn't want a name about anything for wallys. What are they up to sending me stupid spam like this.

Check the domain and header to ensure its actually from GD.

You can always forward to [email protected] if in doubt.

•••
Too late -I've deleted it. This was my insurance action against Wallies. :)

•••
Did you search for WallyInsurance.com and it was taken - - then GD is alerting you to available extensions

•••
Did you search for WallyInsurance.com and it was taken - - then GD is alerting you to available extensions

Nope, I did spend some time looking for insurance names, and I picked up a couple of names like InsureVans.com and JointCarInsurance.com. Wally has got connotations of incompetence in England, and I can't see that insurance for Wallies is a winning name, but I'm starting to think it might be useful for GD customers. :)

•••
At least they spam you on your own language, they occasionally spam me in German :pompous:

•••
At least they spam you on your own language, they occasionally spam me in German :pompous:
They probably think Vivaldi was German

Historical note - Vivaldi was an Italian composer of baroque music. The word baroque comes from the Portuguese word "barroco" meaning a misshapen pearl. Maybe GD thinks that Merkel is a Googly pearl. That's a bit of a stretch to manage to include one of my political digs. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back