IT.COM

Is GoDaddy Only King?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domains125

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I saw some guys here want to buy names with Godaddy Only.
Is Godaddy Only Reliable and King in this Industry?
Is it OK to buy names with other Registrars too, according to Domainers.
I am asking because Godaddy don't give any discounts.
Other Registrars have Promos Time to Time.
If I want to buy 100 Names in $1 / $2 Promo I need $100 / $200 But If I want to buy same names with Godaddy I need $1100. It will be difficult to make profit if invest that much money at once.
Also I see these guys want to buy GD Names at $0.50 to $2.
Is it Godaddy Promotion Tactics? :xf.wink:

Thanks in Advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what an inferior un-human being
of low heart intelligence

and what a minority complex that m f cker must have

... in case its really really true..
I really can't believe it

killing a by far superior being - for fun?????
what did he think who he is?
and hes is not.

in case its really true
I can't believe it
I am out of words
thats rare..

then we all should quit godaddy for good

ok its true

( if it is not fake news ..)

Mods please don't delete this
it's as closely related to the OP thread as possible

http://mashable.com/2011/03/31/bob-parsons-elephant-story/#AK.HhHqGjSqJ

Why Shoot An Elephant?
When Parsons was called on for assistance by a local farmer whose fields were being destroyed by a herd of elephants, he says, he had a plan in place. He claims he wanted to avoid shooting elephant cows because of the matriarchal structure of an elephant herd. "Taking a bull has little or no impact on the social structure or herd size," says Parsons.

"This farmer was desperate," Parsons says. "He couldn't get the herd out of his field. He asked us to come and deal with it."

As his party approached the sorghum field that night, Parsons says, "There was no moon, no stars; it was pitch dark. I couldn't see three feet in front of me. We were moving though the field, and all we could do was use our hearing to find them. That took an hour and a half."

When the herd realized there were humans in the field about 15 yards away from them, Parsons says they turned to attack the group. At that point, the party turned on the lights they had available. "We picked out the largest bull," Parsons says, "and we shot and killed it. The rest of the herd left and never came back." The farmer was able to harvest what remained of his crop.

Parsons sees himself as something of a savior. "If you had the choice to take a few elephants or to let people starve," he says, "what choice would you make?"
Many viewers of the video have accused the CEO of gloating about his kill. But Parsons claims his attitude was far from arrogant.

"When you see me smiling in that picture, I'm smiling because I'm relieved no one was hurt, that the crop was saved, and that these people were going to be fed — the type of smile when you get a good report card or achieve a goal," he says.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, apart from those worst registrars. What I meant was, among the most trusted ones, who provides reasonably best deals for specific occasions or for bulk registration?

as the registrar pay more then $7 usd
I guess 8.xx is a really fair price
when you think of them paying an additionaly flat fee of $4000 usd or so every quarter

I have it at
epik
namesilo
dynadot
uniregistry
and many other good registrars

Last edited:
•••
•••
GoDaddy is well known even by people not in the business. They had an amazing exposure when they were sponsoring Danica Patrick. Everybody saw ads of GoDaddy on TV promoting their hosting services. He don't see any other registrars on TV so people feel they can trust them. Which is the case.

As a Namejet seller, I cannot use GoDaddy, I have to use Enom only. But it cost me a little more to renew my domains because of that.

Some registrars have crappy user interfaces which are not user-friendly. Others make it a bit more complicated to push domains.

For domainers it really comes down to personal preferences.

Overall all major registrars are quite safe to use and prices are all in the same price range (not considering occasional promos).

•••
I dropped Godaddy for a couple of years now. I use Name.com ( more professional in my opinion ) and Uniregistry for the new gtld's

•••
I used to be all in with GD my first few years in domaining but I dropped them years ago due to their clunky interface, the extra fee for privacy and the stories of them locking people's a/c and asking high fees to have the a/cs reopened. I have dipped my toe in GD recently and I must say their interface has improved. Right now, I love Uniregistry and Namesilo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back