IT.COM

Is GoDaddy Only King?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domains125

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I saw some guys here want to buy names with Godaddy Only.
Is Godaddy Only Reliable and King in this Industry?
Is it OK to buy names with other Registrars too, according to Domainers.
I am asking because Godaddy don't give any discounts.
Other Registrars have Promos Time to Time.
If I want to buy 100 Names in $1 / $2 Promo I need $100 / $200 But If I want to buy same names with Godaddy I need $1100. It will be difficult to make profit if invest that much money at once.
Also I see these guys want to buy GD Names at $0.50 to $2.
Is it Godaddy Promotion Tactics? :xf.wink:

Thanks in Advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey there, while there are other registrars out there, it all comes down to preference. I like GoDaddy personally because of their discount domain club. I like that I can get .com's especially for new and renewals for $8.29 I believe it is now. I also like their account security options whereas some other registrars are lacking as far as two factor authentication goes.

Besides GoDaddy, another popular registrar is Uniregistry who also has some pretty great rates as well!

•••
Two of my favorites are NameSilo and DynaDot. Have all the features necessary with good prices, great tech support and easy control panels.

•••
I like NameSilo because you can accept payments in Bitcoin

•••
Its not about the empire, In my opinion people feel comfortable in known scenario.

•••
I've only got one name with GD. I keep the account in case I want to buy a cheap push from a forum poster. :)

•••
If I want to buy 100 Names in $1 / $2 Promo I need $100 / $200 But If I want to buy same names with Godaddy I need $1100. It will be difficult to make profit if invest that much money at once.

Thanks in Advance.

The reason you see "GODADDY ONLY" mentioned is because it is very fast, easy and efficient to transfer or "PUSH" domains from one Godaddy account to another Godaddy account.

•••
The reason you see "GODADDY ONLY" mentioned is because it is very fast, easy and efficient to transfer or "PUSH" domains from one Godaddy account to another Godaddy account.

Well they seem to be very expensive. I've just received an email offering .com regs at 45% off, and they are still more expensive than my other 2 registrars.

•••
You gotta understand, regular godaddy accounts are really meant for businesses and not so much domainers. If you want to be a domainer on godaddy's platform, you MUST sign up for the discount domain club. As long as you have 15+ .com or similar priced tld's, you will be saving more than other registrars.

•••

Thanks in Advance.
I don't think they're a king. They're just the largest registrar in domain industry. Beside GD you can buy at some big guys such as name, namecheap, namesilo,...

•••
Last edited:
•••
Nope. But they are the largest elephant in the Jungle.

From what I see, GoDaddy is good for first year registrations and their "new panel" is much better than what they had earlier. Though I personally prefer Namesilo and Namecheap. Somehow I find them more "trustworthy".

My 2c :)

•••
I'm not that fussed about price $10 for a. Com is a fair price

I can't be doing with wasting time trying to find coupons and bargains etc

Time is money

The time saved not trying to find promotional coupons etc can be wisely spent buying domains

•••
Domains are registrars are like coffee

You can get cheap machine coffee or proper coffee and yes the difference in price is considerable

But proper coffee tastes better and is worth the extra cost

•••
Domains are registrars are like coffee

You can get cheap machine coffee or proper coffee and yes the difference in price is considerable

But proper coffee tastes better and is worth the extra cost

But paying more doesn't guarantee that you get proper coffee.

•••
to me they are the worst in terms of usability

I would always have as little domains at gd as possible

•••
Nope. But they are the largest elephant in the Jungle.

ummm, didn't Bob Parsons shoot that elephant a few years back

imo....

•••
ummm, didn't Bob Parsons shoot that elephant a few years back

imo....

if that is true
I will leave them even faster ..

•••
•••
Asking to everybody in this thread.

What would be your favorite one or your top 2 registrars in terms of lowest price and best affordable deals?

Thanks

•••
•••
Another +1 for NameSilo. It just works. Intuitive control panels. Never had a problem with them. FREE privacy if you like too.

•••
Buy Low .. Sell High. That is Only Mantra. Don't care about Registrars.

•••
•••
Buy Low .. Sell High. That is Only Mantra. Don't care about Registrars.

Terrible advice. Do not care about registrars? What? Thanks for the laugh.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back