IT.COM

Is domaining "cliquey"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
I've been thinking about this alot lately....I think most of the members here are stand up guys and gals but is that just a namepros thing or are domainers in general cliquey or part of a clique?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think most members are only interested in acquiring and selling names, and they seem to have their own set ideas about the correct way to do this. Does this make them cliquey?

Domaining is a multi-faceted business, but not many members seem to be multi-disciplinary. They seem to rely on catching the coconuts as they drop. :)

•••
True I guess I mean more how some of the "pros" carry themselves.

•••
I've met plenty of domainers who aren't like that, but I've also met plenty who are. It's hard to generalize accurately. In any industry, there are going to be vocal groups that seem a bit nutty or dramatic at times. Best thing to do is ignore it and go about your business.

•••
•••
I tried being a race horse, but my jockey kept falling off. :)

•••
yeah, it's cliquey

in the battle to the top...

those climbing the ladder, will try to clique with those already sitting on the pedestal

as associations breed assumptions of knowledge and expertise
and if one assumes, it's almost as good as true.

watch the videos and you'll become a believer too

imo....

•••
This has to be a very popular question on NP... Yes it is.

Just about every industry is, but it does seem like this one is more than many others.

•••
I Think it is, but that's ok with me, My brother and I have a running joke, being from a big family on both sides, tons of cousins etc. We are real slow to make new friends because a lot of times they want to get married instead of an occasional get together. That's another reason people tell new domainers read the prior posts for info rather than having people with limited time tell the same story over and over.
Joe T

•••
Getting ahead in most things in life is about WHO you know and not so mich WHAT you know.

•••
I've met plenty of domainers who aren't like that, but I've also met plenty who are. It's hard to generalize accurately. In any industry, there are going to be vocal groups that seem a bit nutty or dramatic at times. Best thing to do is ignore it and go about your business.
I agree with this sentiment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back