IT.COM

discuss Is anyone selling big ticket domains in buyer request

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Hello

Just want to get opinions...is anyone selling or sold any domains to buyer requests above usd 1000 or usd 5000 ?

What is highest sale made via namepros buyer request....since all posts of big prices get no or negative replies

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most of those requesting domains with big budgets don't buy, or even reply, when I offer them a category killer domain with their exact keyword/s and within their budget. I think a lot of those requests are bogus or just showing off but with no intent to buy. However, as a broker, I did hook up a buyer here with my seller, earlier this month, and they did a deal for 6 domains for over $110K total. I won't mention names, so you can believe it or not :)

That's the only time I've personally seen a large budget sale go through via the 'domain requests' area here. Have sold a few small sales over the years to those requests, though, in the xxx range. Some of the 'large' requests are by solid members here, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there are some nice big sales that go unreported, via the domain requests area.

•••
thanks bannen , valuable feedback...i thought so that many are bogus...i have sent matching domains and got replies like these are for reg fee ...though I know the domains are real good...if well known brokers selling same kind of domains for usd 20k+ , and some one tells me its worth xx...its hard to believe

•••
is anyone selling or sold any domains to buyer requests above usd 1000 or usd 5000 ?

Just like the post above says, I rarely even get a reply from those posts even if I have the ideal domain that matches their criteria. Haven't even paid attention to those in a while.

The ones that do get action are the people who say they want a domain name with at least 6 months registration left, estibot value over $3,000 and they are willing to pay low to mid $xx. :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Earlier Chinese buyers were paying $1000+ for domains

•••
but only short ll nn nnn etc

•••
It’s hard to say as marketplace deals are private but I think for the most part people are here for super cheap deals.

There was a large crypto name purchase on NP early this year reported to the forum by both parties. Other than that we never know unless they tell us.

•••
Some of them are pretty ridiculous; like the ones that say 'I want ONLY quality domains, will pay $20, and up to $50!! if the domain is really, really good!' - Ha ha. At those prices, all you're going to get are crappy domains that someone regged within the last few months. I often have 'really good' domains that exactly match what they are looking for, and usually I paid high xxx or low x,xxx for those ones even at reseller price.

But I get it; some of them are newbies and don't really know the value of domains yet; some don't have much cash and are just throwing the fishing lure in the water in the hopes they'll snag an unexpected good deal; some are trying to attract distressed sellers who may need cash fast and are willing to sacrifice better domains in an emergency; some are just trolling or showing off; some are spamming to get visitors to their sites, etc etc etc.

It's annoying at times... but then, so is my nose when I look in the mirror. Whatever :)

•••
lol @Bannen wish there is a more powerful filter to find genuine buyers

•••
The reality is that many of those >$1,000 names wanted threads are actually just using NP members as free labor to supply a big list of names to try to secure a deal with a potential client.

•••
It seems to me that in general, not just on requests, prices that domains go for in auctions or fixed here on NPs are pretty low, even for wholesale prices. I mean it is natural, I too am only interested in super deals:xf.wink:.
The one exception seems really short .net or .com, but even those go for somewhat low wholesale normally.

Those with long history here, I think, in general say there were many more meaningful sales a decade ago. Not sure why exactly that has changed.

•••
yes hard to know the actual sales...but mostly seems that hardly any high price conversions in usd 20000 to usd 100k budgets that some buyer requests are posted for...if every one is looking for deals, so good domains are either sold for peanuts or not at this platform

•••
It seems to me that in general, not just on requests, prices that domains go for in auctions or fixed here on NPs are pretty low, even for wholesale prices. I mean it is natural, I too am only interested in super deals:xf.wink:.
The one exception seems really short .net or .com, but even those go for somewhat low wholesale normally.

Those with long history here, I think, in general say there were many more meaningful sales a decade ago. Not sure why exactly that has changed.

We used to have live auctions here back in the day, they were conducted via the chat room, RJ was calling the auctions, Names were set in Queue, most sold for your average reseller pricing, Some brought in 1K and a little over that every once in a while. except one in particular i remember, a LL.net , It was RJ's , It sold for 41K i believe it was, I know it was over 40K, but 41 and 42K come to mind trying to remember back that far.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back