Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BLUE: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and the 1 million hits a month etc. I got fed up with people stealing my content and passing it off as there own, does that happen to you? B-)

Probably not.

•••
I just want to know why the domain blogosphere and related media are largely ignoring this massive industry scandal now that they do. I quoted you effectively saying that more information was needed. There is lots of it now. Why are most bloggers/writers largely ignoring the current situation around Adam Dicker, but were all happy to report the problems with Toby Clements? (seems everybody has happy to write on that one). I feel that it is a valid question to ask you, as one of the more prominent bloggers, particularly as you were happy yourself to write about Toby Clements owing people money just last year. Forum posts and speaking to people in the industry seemed to be an acceptable source of information for that post?

So what is the answer, is Adam Dicker seen as 'untouchable' because he is perceived as too powerful or too well connected, does he have too much dirt on other people, or is it because the victims of Toby Clements were high profile and the victims of Adam Dicker are seen as 'nobodies' so less important?

BLUE TEXT: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and the 1 million hits a month etc (not domaining). I got fed up with people stealing my content and passing it off as there own, does that happen to you? It sucks. B-)

Pug, i did not follow all but i think Toby his problems where pure related to domain sales. Adam his problems are related to a service for developing domains. (but i can be wrong)
Namepros itself to me is a domain forum, not a forum for development/monetizing domains, so maybe Adam his problems are not really related to many of us, but Toby's problems were. If i want info on development/seo/ways to monitize/adwords info ect, i will visit other websites. Here we talk about domains i think ?

•••
Pug, i did not follow all but i think Toby his problems where pure related to domain sales. Adam his problems are related to a service for developing domains. (but i can be wrong)
Namepros itself to me is a domain forum, not a forum for development/monetizing domains, so maybe Adam his problems are not really related to many of us, but Toby's problems were. If i want info on development/seo/ways to monitize/adwords info ect, i will visit other websites. Here we talk about domains i think ?

A lot of these problems originated on the DN College facebook group, and with people submitting their domains to him for him to tell them whether or not he could build them out (for which he'd charge the big fee). In addition he has deleted his own well known domaining blog, and been given the boot from Domain Sherpa (and his videos deleted). The chain of events are highly relevant to domaining. So is the way he lost two of his best domains which he put up as collateral, also relevant to this thread. Plus he won "developer of the year" at The Domain Conference, so lets not pretend this isn't domain related. Oh yeah, and the small matter of him claiming to own the internet's biggest domain name forum, when he doesn't, and being a self-professed domain name millionaire who has effectively admitted that he is broke. It should be media gold, but it isn't, its a media blackout. Adam Dicker seen as untouchable, or friends in the right places?

Last edited:
•••
No progress today, I see. Unless its Pug seeking publicity, and maybe not just the good kind.
Did anyone get any money today?

•••
A lot of these problems originated on the DN College facebook group, and with people submitting their domains to him for him to tell them whether or not he could build them out (for which he'd charge the big fee). In addition he has deleted his own well known domaining blog, and been given the boot from Domain Sherpa (and his videos deleted). The chain of events are highly relevant to domaining. So is the way he lost two of his best domains which he put up as collateral, also relevant to this thread. Plus he won "developer of the year" at The Domain Conference, so lets not pretend this isn't domain related.Oh yeah, and the small matter of him claiming to own the internet's biggest domain name forum, when he doesn't.

Pug i think you did not read what i wrote, you asked the question why Toby's problems were in the news while Adam's problems are not. I just give you a reason nothing more nothing less.

•••
Pug i think you did not read what i wrote, you asked the question why Toby's problems were in the news while Adam's problems are not. I just give you a reason nothing more nothing less.

I understood your post perfectly. Thanks for your answer, we'll just have to politely agree to disagree on the reason, because my reply stated why I believe this thread to be highly relevant domain name industry news. Cheers.

•••
No progress today, I see. Unless its Pug seeking publicity, and maybe not just the good kind.

Could you clarify this comment please? In which way could I benefit from 'publicity'? I don't have any web properties to promote, no relevant social media profiles, no blog, don't use my real name, and I don't even have a domain portfolio site. A bit of a silly comment? Think I'll bow out at this point.

•••
I also had a project which was never completed as promised.

I wanted to keep this private, for Adam's sake, and reached out to both Adam and Andrew. I was told last week, by Adam, that he would reimburse me this week. So far he hasn't. I sent Adam two emails this week, both have gone unanswered.

Since Adam seems to be taking care of those who make their complaints public, I have decided to do so as well, to get closure.
were you paid today?

•••
•••
•••
I was not paid anything this week, nor did I have any contact with Adam, nor did he respond to my Skype inquiry. I am very disappointed, but not terribly surprised. Had it been resolved, I would have refrained from stirring the waters, but I can no longer lie to myself that this will ever be settled in a professional way.

I paid him $3,000 fourteen months ago for a site that he was confident would produce $1500 to $2000 monthly within a few months of his build completion. A completion that he said would take 3 to 4 weeks, but is still not near completion over a year later. I chased him over and over and over and, when finally getting him on Skype, he would be apologetic, usually telling me that his employees weren't performing, that he was restructuring (and bigger than the last time) and that he would *now* focus on my project. Only, of course, that literally *nothing* would be done weeks later and the cycle would repeat.

I can tell you that I was afraid to say anything ... Adam was "bigger than life" in the domaining world. I thought often of going to Michael Cyger (whose interviews I always thought were very well done and he seemed like a genuine guy) or a couple others, but was concerned that: (a) perhaps they were all in a big scam together and I'd be ignored or shunned; (b) perhaps they weren't in it, but as such good friends (as it seemed), they would never believe me and I'd be ignored or shunned; (c) word would get to Adam and that would absolutely close the door on getting the work done or my money back. Or, of course, option (d) which was that I was the problem -- after all, if he was so popular and in the limelight and winning awards for "domain development", he must be delivering for everyone else.

When he called for "partners" in his new businesses, I was already too concerned about him and didn't volunteer. Even so, he personally invited me to be a partner on one of our "what's going on" calls. I basically ignored the suggestion. However, he still put me on the list of people that were "in the circle". I participated mildly in some of the startup conversations, but avoided getting pulled in deeper. I wanted to reach out to a couple people that were "all in" to see if they knew about what seemed to be going on, but I was afraid that they were so tied to Adam as a savior that they would report my "attitude" to Adam and I'd be "out of his good graces" -- never get my site nor my money.

In spite of that, I did FB message Rick W tentatively to see how the "partnership" was working. I wanted to tell him of my experience as a client, but I was feeling him out an inch at a time. I asked if Adam had given him a contract so it was understood what he would get out of the partnership. His response was defensive -- no contract, but it was "all too early", "looked like it was going to be MUCH bigger returns than originally thought, so had to re-think the structure" (paraphrased), and "why did I even ask such a question"? I brushed that off with an explanation of just wanting to understand how the partnership worked, and ended the conversation. I didn't look like he would have believed anything I'd told him about Adam, anyway, and it appears that he has recently doubled-down on his relationship with Adam, damaging his own reputation in the process.

I was a classic sucker, thinking the king was altruistic, showing an interest (and doing a favor) for me, the lowly peasant. I excitedly told so many people about how great Adam was and how lucky I was to be one of the "small group" that Adam was mentoring. I told them that my super-site would be up in several weeks (how embarrassing when they still ask about how it's going), while telling my wife that the $3K we had managed to save towards a career change was in good hands. I have to say that she has been much better about this than she should be (I am blessed!), but I am ashamed for falling for all of Adam's fake reputation, lies, deception, broken promises, false humility and insincere niceness. I often think of the heart-string video he did telling us about how proud his father was of his natural business abilities -- that was a stroke of genius, showing a very human, vulnerable Adam -- one that I don't believe really exists.

If you want to see a $3K site (which he said would be more like a $5K site due to the discount that DN College folks and I, in particular, were receiving), check out SurvivalHandbook (dot) com.

Whenever I am so tempted again, I'll just review my Skype transcripts and audio recordings of his broken promises on our calls and I won't override my know-better policies of "get a contract", "pay only for a milestone at a time" and "seek legal counsel no later than the second failed promise that isn't made right".

--GR

•••
In this domaining world, I am but a newbie, but I would like to offer some advice to its leaders. When the industry raises up a king, that king carries the imputed credibility of those leaders, an implicit endorsement, enabling the defenseless masses to follow him with little to no resistance. Now that the unworthiness of this king has been exposed, please de-throne him completely, such that he carries no residual imputed good will when others consider doing business with him. Publicly rescind his awards that were granted on false pretenses, remove interviews that give him a platform of influence and credibility to sell to more people ...

In the past two weeks, some of the leaders have proven to me personally that they are worthy of the influence they wield -- these persons (e.g. Shane Bellone, Domain Shane, Dave Robb, Michael Cyger) have restored my faith in people and my hope for my own successful participation, and I am so very grateful for the steps they've taken. Hopefully, more can and will be done

•••
Hi thanks for posting. That site certainly is not finished - this page just has standard nonsense filler text http://survivalhandbook.com/survival-of-the-fittest/ and this one an outline http://survivalhandbook.com/threats-to-survival/

If you want to keep that site as evidence you might want to change passwords so they can't delete it - they did that to someone on here.

By the way, in the UK for one a contract does not have to be formal written signed document - you can even have an oral contract which is binding. Sure looks like the contract here was not fulfilled.

Anyone can quickly post a company review on http://trustpilot.com

I was not paid anything this week, nor did I have any contact with Adam, nor did he respond to my Skype inquiry. I am very disappointed, but not terribly surprised. Had it been resolved, I would have refrained from stirring the waters, but I can no longer lie to myself that this will ever be settled in a professional way.

I paid him $3,000 fourteen months ago for a site that he was confident would produce $1500 to $2000 monthly within a few months of his build completion. A completion that he said would take 3 to 4 weeks, but is still not near completion over a year later. I chased him over and over and over and, when finally getting him on Skype, he would be apologetic, usually telling me that his employees weren't performing, that he was restructuring (and bigger than the last time) and that he would *now* focus on my project. Only, of course, that literally *nothing* would be done weeks later and the cycle would repeat.

I can tell you that I was afraid to say anything ... Adam was "bigger than life" in the domaining world. I thought often of going to Michael Cyger (whose interviews I always thought were very well done and he seemed like a genuine guy) or a couple others, but was concerned that: (a) perhaps they were all in a big scam together and I'd be ignored or shunned; (b) perhaps they weren't in it, but as such good friends (as it seemed), they would never believe me and I'd be ignored or shunned; (c) word would get to Adam and that would absolutely close the door on getting the work done or my money back. Or, of course, option (d) which was that I was the problem -- after all, if he was so popular and in the limelight and winning awards for "domain development", he must be delivering for everyone else.

When he called for "partners" in his new businesses, I was already too concerned about him and didn't volunteer. Even so, he personally invited me to be a partner on one of our "what's going on" calls. I basically ignored the suggestion. However, he still put me on the list of people that were "in the circle". I participated mildly in some of the startup conversations, but avoided getting pulled in deeper. I wanted to reach out to a couple people that were "all in" to see if they knew about what seemed to be going on, but I was afraid that they were so tied to Adam as a savior that they would report my "attitude" to Adam and I'd be "out of his good graces" -- never get my site nor my money.

In spite of that, I did FB message Rick W tentatively to see how the "partnership" was working. I wanted to tell him of my experience as a client, but I was feeling him out an inch at a time. I asked if Adam had given him a contract so it was understood what he would get out of the partnership. His response was defensive -- no contract, but it was "all too early", "looked like it was going to be MUCH bigger returns than originally thought, so had to re-think the structure" (paraphrased), and "why did I even ask such a question"? I brushed that off with an explanation of just wanting to understand how the partnership worked, and ended the conversation. I didn't look like he would have believed anything I'd told him about Adam, anyway, and it appears that he has recently doubled-down on his relationship with Adam, damaging his own reputation in the process.

I was a classic sucker, thinking the king was altruistic, showing an interest (and doing a favor) for me, the lowly peasant. I excitedly told so many people about how great Adam was and how lucky I was to be one of the "small group" that Adam was mentoring. I told them that my super-site would be up in several weeks (how embarrassing when they still ask about how it's going), while telling my wife that the $3K we had managed to save towards a career change was in good hands. I have to say that she has been much better about this than she should be (I am blessed!), but I am ashamed for falling for all of Adam's fake reputation, lies, deception, broken promises, false humility and insincere niceness. I often think of the heart-string video he did telling us about how proud his father was of his natural business abilities -- that was a stroke of genius, showing a very human, vulnerable Adam -- one that I don't believe really exists.

If you want to see a $3K site (which he said would be more like a $5K site due to the discount that DN College folks and I, in particular, were receiving), check out SurvivalHandbook (dot) com.

Whenever I am so tempted again, I'll just review my Skype transcripts and audio recordings of his broken promises on our calls and I won't override my know-better policies of "get a contract", "pay only for a milestone at a time" and "seek legal counsel no later than the second failed promise that isn't made right".

--GR

Last edited:
•••

--GR

Omg 3000$ for that wordpress theme.. Tell me it's a joke... This guy is the champion of scammers. How has he achieved to rip off so many people for so long without no one complaining? He has some serious manipulation skills. You guys should all get together and start a class action lawsuit.

•••
"That site certainly is not finished - this page just has standard nonsense filler text ... and this one an outline ...

Let me add that I provided the text for the "FAQ" section and what he put in the "threats-to-survival" section (if you read it, it was a note to him about what might go in).

"If you want to keep that site as evidence you might want to change passwords so they can't delete it - they did that to someone on here."

Yes, I changed the password on this (and another, albeit cheaper, site he *almost* finished) early this past week.

•••
RED TEXT: I think you may have completely misunderstood my point. I was not in any way suggesting that you, or anybody else high profile (Cyger, for example) knew that Adam Dicker was doing this and were involved in some sort of long term cover up, and neither do I understand how it was that you deduced as such from my post. I didn't imply that at all.

I

BLUE TEXT: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and the 1 million hits a month etc (not domaining). I got fed up with people stealing my content and passing it off as there own, does that happen to you? It sucks. B-)

I think I did misread that. And it was the end of the day when I get cranky. My apologies. Across the board this is awful and I don't think he is going to pay many people from this point. I hope I am wrong.

•••

As far as I know, no one got paid.

•••
Hi thanks for posting. That site certainly is not finished - this page just has standard nonsense filler text http://survivalhandbook.com/survival-of-the-fittest/ and this one an outline http://survivalhandbook.com/threats-to-survival/

If you want to keep that site as evidence you might want to change passwords so they can't delete it - they did that to someone on here.

By the way, in the UK for one a contract does not have to be formal written signed document - you can even have an oral contract which is binding. Sure looks like the contract here was not fulfilled.

Anyone can quickly post a company review on http://trustpilot.com

Makes my blood boil that this guy is charging people 2-5k for stuff like this.... This is a $200 job TOPS!

Free Theme with very little customization...

$20 logo...

$2/per articles...

•••
Shane,

Since I have you here. I want to apologize. Although I don't like you "style' of bringing out all this, thank you for doing it. I am embarrassed that I didn't know all this. I didn't know about his past with Satan's Playhouse or anything other that he bought names at auction while working at Godaddy. What I know now is unbelievable and that is thanks to you. Again, my apologies and thank you.

PS I would do this privately but felt you deserved it publicly. But I did like the joking back and forth :)

•••
Shane,

Since I have you here. I want to apologize. Although I don't like you "style' of bringing out all this, thank you for doing it. I am embarrassed that I didn't know all this. I didn't know about his past with Satan's Playhouse or anything other that he bought names at auction while working at Godaddy. What I know now is unbelievable and that is thanks to you. Again, my apologies and thank you.

PS I would do this privately but felt you deserved it publicly. But I did like the joking back and forth :)

It's all good, fake Shane.

I can be quite the dick so I understand.

Will you still be my arch nemesis? :)

•••
Nothing can excuse lying to people, which is what Adam Dicker has done when he said that people would be refunded by today. Stop trying to make excuses for him, all he has done time and time again is tell lies.

And if he has no cash but owes money to people then why does dnf not have a FOR SALE banner at the top?

Thanks for your reply.

But I don't belive I condoned any nefarious actions.

I am not sure if he owed you money... but had he not have to pay another millionaire first... you may have been whole by now.

All I am pointing out is that "carrying debt or credit" between businesses is common practice and it should have been last on the list so the little guy got paid first.

Sorry you have an issue with my statement.

Regards,

WPM

•••
SEOBrokers.ca is still up also. Take screenshots while you still can.

I understand people were willing to be strung along one last time because it was worth the slight chance of a refund but it's over now for Dicker.

You know it's really bad when even his cronies are gone. The well is truly dry.
Yep,
Funny the Dicker supporters have also gone missing....Did you all really think he was going to make good on this mess? He was in over his head a long time ago by the sounds. Train Wreck, to the industry & the internet as a whole. I hope he doesn't try rebranding lol.
Perhaps today was supposed to be their payday too :D

@Shane Bellone my apologies for posting here again without keeping it much towards the topic. Hope you won't mind.

To the 'quoted ones', the supporters are here alright but I am sure they have decided to let the victims, Adam, and Shane resolve things professionally, themselves.

Rather than @PugDomains who always have something new to fire up this thread, and not to mention umask077 who just loves to disagree with everyone, and obviously not like few others who just don't want to solve things rather than stretching them long.

You guys are talking about Adam's cronies, heck I only see three or four of you guys now heating up the thread every now and then without anything useful or even relevant. Adam did this, did that, chargebacks, it's Friday, name calling---come on man, grow up and let the victims resolve the issues, the case has been highlighted and is being dealt with. You can do the least by acting like matures.

I almost laughed by reading @PugDomains's and few other comments as why Adam is closing his businesses. It shows how much level of professionalism and experience one holds. Without knowing the reason, you guys are just 'supposing' things, is this what we are doing here, making gossips to help the victims? Not my way of helping anyone.

May Adam, Shane and the victims rectify this whole mess asap and may peace be within the souls of those who are full of heat and hatred.

And again, supporters are here, but they are just honoring the words of Shane and Adam; i.e. not to argue around here pointlessly.

•••
And again, supporters are here

I think it's great that you're finally dropping all pretense of being impartial and acknowledging that you are in fact a supporter of Adam Dicker. I'm not really sure how you justify to yourself supporting someone that has hurt so many, but I guess you have your reasons.

•••
"$20 logo..."

I should have pointed out that I contracted the logo separately from another source and provided it to Adam, so it wasn't his creation, either ...

•••
I think I did misread that. And it was the end of the day when I get cranky. My apologies. Across the board this is awful and I don't think he is going to pay many people from this point. I hope I am wrong.
He is stringing me along and bringing stress to my 91 yr old Mom. It is getting very personal now.

•••
Back