IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

NameSilo
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"I tried to run a company and it failed, it is now closed."

should translate to:

"I rinsed as many newbie domainers I could find, I made my money now it's time to move on"

•••
His attitude stinks.

I remember when I started domaining I read an interview he did where he said the buyer offered $80k for a name and he ignored him, basically being rude on the phone call.

The true person always comes out, and I remember thinking at the time maybe this guy has problems, seems I was right.

•••
•••
His statements are a joke...Any real man would have come out right away and said they made a mistake and their business failed... Not this crap he posted and had he been a man about it, he would have made arrangements to either sell some of his domains and pay people back or find developers to finish the projects - its that simple..His statement is laughable at best...You dont leave people hanging out to dry and them cry about it later that its a failed business or try and intimidate them with some fake lawyer letter either. Its a joke.

•••
Today I posted the message below on "the website" that recently re-opened with the promise that things would be explained on June 1, except the on thing posted was that "a business failed" with no mention of court dates, creditors, or anything else that an honest person would post.

Even weirder, Adam is currently soliciting business like nothing unusual is going on. He's either in bankruptcy court trying to settle this fairly or he's NOT... and if he's not then NOBODY should be doing business with him until he either pays all creditors or publishes the bankruptcy filing. And just to be clear: Bankruptcy details are PUBLIC information, not private. "I don't wanna discuss it" is something you say at a chatty tea party, not in business.

Anyway -- even though the my post was INVITED at launch time and covers nothing personal or even controversial, it was DELETED within minutes.

=========
First off, let me say that I was not a party to any of the "problem transactions", so I'm posting this as an outsider with no emotions attached. Also, I'm more familiar with US law - Canada may have some legal differences, but I'm told they are generally the same.

When a business goes under, the only proper and ethical way to go forward is to have a 3rd party oversee the company and equitably handle the distribution of remaining assets. Usually that is a bankruptcy court, and if you go that route all of the creditors are contacted and given a chance to be included in the distribution of assets, and on a certain date that is "done" and the business is either closed or continues on with past debts considered discharged.

A 3rd party is the ONLY do to this and make sure that some people are unfairly repaid in full while others get nothing, and make sure the owner is not hiding assets.

You seem to imply this was done, but you never actually say it. If it was, what was the bankruptcy discharge date? If not, is it still pending? Is DNF a business asset? I see that you are actively buying domain names -- is that under a new company, or under the company in bankruptcy (which means the buyer is at risk of not getting paid?) Bankruptcy is PUBLIC information and is PUBLIC record, in fact you may be violating some laws if you are not informing others that your transactions will be part of an in-process bankruptcy proceeding.

==========

•••
Even weirder, Adam is currently soliciting business like nothing unusual is going on.

How is he trying to handle payments?
Anyone concerned should contact the payment processor and flag up issues - in the past Paypal stopped handling his mugshot payments and more recently a customer of nichewebsites.com won a dispute and refund because Dicker was selling copyright content, a violation of Paypal TOS, and Paypal may have banned Dicker.

The relevant Stripe TOS were quoted earier in this thread and it certainly looked like his last attempt at nichewebsites violated them, but I don't know if Stripe also banned him.

•••
Beware any Dicker references to a "company" - he seems to have claimed there were companies where no incorporated company exists.

I believe many people on here paid directly to Dicker, not even to an alleged company.

•••
Beware any Dicker references to a "company" - he seems to have claimed there were companies where no incorporated company exists.

I believe many people on here paid directly to Dicker, not even to an alleged company.

Ok -- that doesn't really change much, though. It's then a personal bankruptcy instead of a business bankruptcy. You still have to have a 3rd party review and distribute assets... unless the person is just telling sob stories to continue scamming people.

•••
Well well well... this is interesting on so many levels!

1) He's in bankruptcy and can't pay his debts -- but still BUYING?
2) He's banned from PayPal for TOS violations but still has a PayPal account?
3) He was admonished for buy from systems he administered at Godaddy and got in a lot of trouble for it... so now he has resumed the practice?
4) The domain is now registered to Adam with company name "Digital Assets Development". So who is bankrupt, the company or the person?

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
•••
Satan's Playhouse, Witchcraft.com...hmm I'm noticing a pattern here. I don't respect people who acquire domains like that. He's clearly never had any qualms about sacrificing morality for profit, so the fact that he ripped a lot of people off doesn't come as a huge shock to me.

I've had dealings with Adam. From the time I came across his interviews online, he honestly struck me as a greedy, insincere person who cares only about himself. I never bought the "nice helpful guy" act, it was all a facade designed to repair his reputation in the wake of the GoDaddy fiasco.

Karma has caught up to him.

•••
•••
What is the update on Adam Dicker? Any new business or ventures?

•••
Who knows what really is going on,people get in over their heads,thats the reason people get to where they are in the first place. A guy like this dident get into the game as early as rick swartz ,if he did he would have 10 times as many domains as him. The real crime is the so call friends that turned a cold shoulder to the guy when he was down.His domain sherpa buddies, they did the same thing to chef patrick. How come in all other industries except domaining ,people are forgiving. How come adams ads are still appearing in old sherpa videos ,where they can be edited out pretty easily ,because hes probably still paying for ads.If hes a crook cybor is right there with him.

•••
That reminds me, let me invite a previous predator to my home to hang out with my kids. Hey, he is now attending church and is now a loyal christian!!!! Why not. Of course this is different. Adam is not a predator. But you get my point.

•••
Cosby is a rapist ,even his friends backed him up till the end , this guys friends dropped him like a hot potato with ky jelly all over it.

•••
Who knows what really is going on,people get in over their heads,thats the reason people get to where they are in the first place. A guy like this dident get into the game as early as rick swartz ,if he did he would have 10 times as many domains as him. The real crime is the so call friends that turned a cold shoulder to the guy when he was down.His domain sherpa buddies, they did the same thing to chef patrick. How come in all other industries except domaining ,people are forgiving. How come adams ads are still appearing in old sherpa videos ,where they can be edited out pretty easily ,because hes probably still paying for ads.If hes a crook cybor is right there with him.

Cosby is a rapist ,even his friends backed him up till the end , this guys friends dropped him like a hot potato with ky jelly all over it.

Seriously? That's ignorant af.

•••

Friend: Cosby I got your back!
Cosby: That's kind of you.
Friend: No problem.
Cosby: Finish your drink... and then I'll have your back too...

•••
•••
•••
•••
A guy like this dident get into the game as early as rick swartz ,if he did he would have 10 times as many domains as him.

I think he has around 25,000 names.

•••
•••
•••
You guys are still talking about this guy, huh? Whether he was in over his head or not - he had to have had signs he was about to sink to the bottom like a lead weight - he should have done the right thing sooner.

That's about all I have to say on that.

•••
Does anyone else see some congruencies between AD and $Hi!!ary ???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back