Dynadot

discuss Is A New gTLD Domain Less Valuable If The .Com Is Available?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I was reading today and came across an article about .nyc auctioning some of it "fashion inspired" premium domains for the upcoming Fashion Week.

I was a little surprised by the list because some of the .nyc domains being auctioned are available as hand reg in .com. What I mean is, for example, swimsuits.nyc is one of the domains, yet you can hand register swimsuitsnyc.com.

I have seen debates about this. What do you think? I think it's a good question they should be asking themselves.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
geoEMD.com without an abbreviation is a dead horse for years

a post fix geo abbreviation I wouldn't touch it

not a big fan of most of the new tld's but if you are going venture into that high speculation venue .nyc is probably one of the 'better' new tld's out a crop of lot's of bad tld

keyword.nyc like a profession or a major industry might be easy to flip

but in this case swimsuits, that has zero to do with nyc

restaurant(s)
sushi
pizza
lawyer
doctor

lot's of keywords make some sense but in this case swimsuit, well it's not a major keyword outside of a few tld's and a gTLD isn't a tld to speculate on that keyword IMO

good luck though

•••
Good catch @Silentptnr. I would register the available .coms. Hold them for 5 years. And then re-assess the situation. But I know you prefer to trade your domains ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back