Dynadot

.tv Is 1000 usd premium really worth it?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I want to reg one name in the range of 500-1000 premium, am thinkin of regging shud i really reg?

give me some input guys, and if u can hook me up discount let me know thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well said, Brad.

Short minded people don't know the potential of prime Geo .TV domain names. They repeatedly complain about premium renewals, and nothing more. This is what they all know about this premium extension. :lol:

If a domainer is willing to pay $1,000/yr and has already paid $3,000 for this premium Geo .TV name, it clearly shows the potential of this domain name to an end user.

A country Geo domain name($5,000/Yr) is owned by a U.S domainer. He has paid $15,000 upfront towards renewal, been holding this name since 2006. Now the renewal fee is just $2,000. I doubt he will sell it for anything less than 6 figures.

Last edited:
•••
If a domainer is willing to pay $1,000/yr and has already paid $3,000 for this premium Geo .TV name, it clearly shows the potential of this domain name to an end user.

You said youself that the name is worth much the same amount to an enduser, that is fairly obviously a bad scenario if true.

A Geo name like Israel.TV is worth several thousands to a targeted end user, even at a higher renewal fee

•••
You said youself that the name is worth much the same amount to an enduser, that is fairly obviously a bad scenario if true.

LOL, I never said it worth the same amount to an end user. This is what I said:

Geo .TV names have good resale value even with higher premium renewals. If a domainer ready to pay $x,xxx renewals each year, the end users probably wont bother paying such renewals.

•••
On the topic of hefty annual premium ".TV" Renewal Fees ...

How does it show the potential (other than it being a recurringly :$: costly venture) to an End user ... and can you please list some specific examples? :blink:

A country Geo domain name($5,000/Yr) is owned by a U.S domainer. He has paid $15,000 upfront towards renewal, been holding this name since 2006. Now the renewal fee is just $2,000. I doubt he will sell it for anything less than 6 figures.

I would bet that, in most cases, he'd be glad to break-even ... where are you getting the six-figure assumption? :gl:

PS. Any information on those domain names, tvdotcoms?

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

•••
.tv said:

I would bet that, in most cases, IF there is a willing & able buyer that he'd be glad to get his money back+/- ... where are you getting the six-figure assumption?
How many premium Geo ".TV's" have been sold for six-figures, and that are now developed and actively being promoted? :gl:

PS. Any information on those domain names, tvdotcoms?

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

•••
I would bet that, in most cases, IF there is a willing & able buyer that he'd be glad to get his money back+/- ...

Why? End users won't bother paying $x,xxx renewals. Media firms, and entertainment networks are willing to pay millions to acquire prime names, especially corresponding Geo .TV names from which they are operating.

where are you getting the six-figure assumption?

It is NOT an assumption.

The one I pointed out in this thread is a country Geo .TV name, and I contacted the owner via Sedo with a low $x,xxx offer. He refused to sell that name for anything less than $XXX,XXX.

Have you ever tried buying Geo.TV names? Especially premium U.S Geo .TV names? Many prime U.S Geo .TV owners are unwilling to sell their premium Geo.TV names even for low $XXX,XXX.

•••
I think I'd rather get keywordTV.com, in most cases than pay $1,000+ yearly fee for registration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back