IT.COM

.io .io Thread and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When to register a name available on Feb 17 and now it's gone.
Yes, this is a useless post but it proves that at least one name has been registered this week.

•••
Maybe I took it :) I regged some .io domains in the last few days, and will some more.

If you ask me, .io is just a trend (although active almost 20 years) and is just "cool" extension for tech related businesses. I think it is stupid extension, but could bring you money anyway :)

•••
•••
So I had gone on a bit of a bender awhile back w/ .io's. A few I regret...registering before you really know what's out there ;)... Not going to be buying any more until a few of these are developed. I prefer brandables on this extension. Don't entirely understand keyword/trending name .io's lol. Of course, some flippa sales may prove otherwise....

ago.io
authority.io
beijing.io
cougar.io
curiosity.io
diablo.io
doe.io
era.io
every.io
fake.io
fizz.io
foe.io
goo.io
komodo.io
motto.io
nos.io
relic.io
shanghai.io
snipe.io
technologies.io
woke.io

Open to offers on most, some not really. ~Flippa prices ;)

I like how Woe.io sold for $1,500, but I can't manage to get any traction on my foe.io/doe.io lol. Maybe I'm a shit salesman.

I'm sure most of you guys are aware of park/io by now, but a fairly recent development (past month or two+), you can back order directly through the registry now.

So let's take Verge.io, a nice brandable imo, that's dropping tomorrow...

http://nic.io/cgi-bin/whois?query=verge.io
and follow the link to the nic.io backorder faq page

"Back-Orders will Never Result in Auctions or any further competition for the name"...and all the other bullet points...

"You will NOT be refunded the cost of the back-order if it is unsuccessful in acquiring the domain for you" - not cool ;)

"There can only be one back-order on any one domain name, so there is no question over priority. If you own the back-order, you get priority."

Not a 100% sure on the pricing, didn't see a number when scanning through it. But assume, it's the price of a registration. So ~$93 if you live outside of the EU...

So basically, backorder the .io you want, before someone else does haha

I have yet to try this out...not really in the market for anymore. But if someone does, let me/us know how it goes. As far as success of getting the name...would be cool.

And my gift to you all is LLL.io... Apparently any 3 letter 1/word .io has value lol - gone

Last edited:
•••
Something is fishy with woe.io "sale". This is from whois:

First Registered : 2014-12-01
Last Updated : 2014-12-01
Expiry : 2015-12-01

I dont see whois update here ;)

•••
Something is fishy with woe.io "sale". This is from whois:

First Registered : 2014-12-01
Last Updated : 2014-12-01
Expiry : 2015-12-01

I dont see whois update here ;)

Yeah, you never really know what your getting w/ "reported" flippa sales...

I've seen names sell that never change hands...and other ones that don't change hands for weeks..or auctions that are relisted a few times from non-paying bidders.

not sure how the process works at namecheap, but I know gandi was an all-day thing haha.

Never know.

•••
#travisS
I like the LLL you posted. Thank you :) You may remove it now, no point anymore ;)

About backorder:

"By buying a back-order for a domain you are guaranteeing that you will be the next owner of the domain, if the current owner (or their registrar) fails to renew it. However, you must be aware you are taking a chance, as the present owner of the domain (or their registrar) may renew the domain at any time up to 90 days after it has expired."

So the registry could renew the name few minutes before deleting and burn your $100. Not nice ;)

•••
Gotcha. I did like that name. I feel like the majority of the time I see names posted on here as "gifts" there never picked up...wasn't holding my breath lol.

Funny, something similar happened to me. Was timing the drop of literally...shit.io . Had it in my gandi.net account, paid, everything went through...but not in my account. It had been registered by an individual, but nic decided to take it back. Got my refund though...just disappointed I didn't get it lol.

Yeah, honestly the fact they don't give refunds on a backorder is a little bizarre..

If it's a name I must have, I'd probably run the risk, and get it in earlier. Not so much, time it to the last week or so, when it's less likely to be renewed. But as far as nic.io doing that...possibility I suppose....but it would be seized/reserved. And I'm going to assume that clause is somewhere in the rule book.

The fact that they just recently put in a backorder service, goes to show there profit driven. Frankly, their faq page, sounds more like a personal attack.

•••
•••
another gift from me..

sulk.io
visions.io
deejay.io
annual.io
gives.io
(available)

•••
•••
My only one

Sikh

Last edited:
•••
available to reg,

Floral.io
Cuisines.io

•••
•••
Even more value in Holograms.mobi ......lol
Interesting how you were all about "holo" names and tech 2 weeks ago. Now you try to downplay a domain like Holograms.io that stands for technology. It's comical to say the least, haha!

•••
Interesting how you were all about "holo" names and tech 2 weeks ago. Now you try to downplay a domain like Holograms.io that stands for technology. It's comical to say the least, haha!

So were u mate......and then your comment on the holo thread "Sold 3 holo names this week for $1250"

Lololololololo.......and then you bought with the money holograms.io......... for $x,xxx ......lololololololllo

•••
So were u mate......and then your comment on the holo thread "Sold 3 holo names this week for $1250"

Lololololololo.......and then you bought with the money holograms.io......... for $x,xxx ......lololololololllo
What's your point?

Yes I sold holo domains and bought another that happens to be the best keyword .io for the space. What's your point?

If anything it shows that I believe in hologram technology. You're coming off bad IMO. Hype the holo thread then try to throw jabs when others invest in the space?

•••
Hype the holo thread then try to throw jabs when others invest in the space?

I revert to the 3rd post ( your first ) in this thread keith, just shows what a little boy you are .....lol

•••
•••
I revert to the 3rd post ( your first ) in this thread keith, just shows what a little boy you are .....lol
I explained that comment in a previous post which you glossed over.

You're a man and a little boy sells more than you, lol. I love you!

•••
Stop arguing or go private please

•••
You're a man and a little boy sells more than you, lol. I love you!

Lol.....lol......Holographics.io ...REG FEE .....HOLOGRAMS.io .....$x,xxx FEE ....lol....lol....lol....lol...lol...lol...lol

No more time for you keith or you sneaky emails.....good luck mate :)

•••
Lol.....lol......Holographics.io ...REG FEE .....HOLOGRAMS.io .....$x,xxx FEE ....lol

No more time for you keith or you sneaky emails.....good luck mate :)
I beg you to produce an email of mine that is sneaky. Either produce or quit making false accusations.

•••
Keith says

"then try to throw jabs when others invest in the space?"

3rd post on this thread keith

Pot calling the kettle black !!!!.....lol.......

Shut up you FOOL......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

•••
Keith says

"then try to throw jabs when others invest in the space?"

Pot calling the kettle black !!!!.....lol.......

Shut up you FOOL......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
You've spent too much time in the pot thread. I love you man!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back