IT.COM

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you forgot expiredomainnames .....

Seriously, that was a missed misspelling on my part, which other people said, they have done too.

•••
I am curious, for those that think I have bad .io domains, can you list some that you think are good, and why they are good?

•••
I am curious, for those that think I have bad .io domains, can you list some that you think are good, and why they are good?
Either super premium "can't even dream of getting it for under $250,000 in .com" words...those you can flip to domainers for speculation purposes for a small profit.

OR

Domains that someone would actually start a tech or design business on.

That is what you should be looking for in .io's.

As several people have said here, spend time on hackernews, crunchbase, etc. and learn what these companies would actually want.

•••
ke.ai - sold on Sedo for $2500 - (2014)
travel.ai -sold on Sedo for $3528 (2014)
x.ai - sold on Sedo for $3000 (2013)
f.ai - sold on Sedo for $1734(2013)

Come on man....none of the tld gets sold unless people know what it can be used for. .io is Indian Ocean territory tld and people still use it because they think it can be used in Tech industry as it resembles Input/Output. Similarly .ai can be used as Artificial Intelligence which is the future of technology...

I agree that .io domains are in trend right now and can bring you profit, but people, please stop with this (.io) input/output, (.ai) artificial intelligence etc... BS.

Should I take all .im domains as they are Internet Makreting. Or .hr domains as they are Human Resources. Or .ch because it is Channel. Or .it because it is for IT business. The list could be continued with any ccTLD.

Ok, some will say: But .io is also treated as gTLD by Google. Yes, that's correct. But also are: .ad, .as, .bz, .cc, .cd, .co, .dj, .fm, .io, .la, .me, .ms, .nu, .sc, .sr, .su, .tv, .tk and .ws.

Look what they "really" mean:

.ad (one real word extension, each company that care to marketing will want to have its name or the name of their brand or niche in this extension)
.as (American Society, any American company and individual should use it)
.bz (business, if you run business website you must have .bz)
.cc (credit card)
.cd (cd, music)
.co (company)
.dj (DJ, music)
.fm (each radio station should have it - this could even make sense)
.io (input/output)
.la (I am sure you are not from LA if you dont have .la)
.me (military experience, whoever has it should own .me)
.ms (milf sex, you must have .ms if you have a website with milfs)
.nu (new universe)
.sc (social crisis, websites should offer help to people with socials crisis only under .sc)
.sr (South Russia, any company from South Russia MUST use this extension as it would be natural)
.su (the same as above, but with Uruguay)
.tv (this one makes sense and it is accepted, if you have good keyword)
.tk (if you are a spammer you must use .tk)
.ws (website, not matter that out there is real .website)

Yeah, right :)

By the way, people don't think that .io could be used in Tech industry as average man has never heard of .io. But domainers do :)

.io is accepted among the startups, but that's it, with few exceptions. I also have some .io, but just as speculation because of this hype.

•••
Does anybody have an idea as to if, and when Godaddy will support .io domains in their Auction Platform?

•••
i'm just curious why the OP get banned from np??
its pretty funny i guess..

•••
i'm just curious why the OP get banned from np??
its pretty funny i guess..

He may have asked a mod to close it, he has done this before

•••
He may have asked a mod to close it, he has done this before

really? btw thanks to him for the laughs he has made..
i need a better sleep now.. lol

•••
He was not banned he requested his account be closed.

•••
thanks sir for a clarify..

i started to feel worrying about that case. :p

•••
Got Ambience dot io today! :)

•••
tldinvestors.com/2015/03/with-the-spotlight-on-io-is-it-time-to-buy-or-sell.html

hopes that article will helps everyone..

•••
availble
breathalyzer.io
Bosnia.io 10k estibot
treadmills.io
grills.io
vapers.io
jackpots.io
dumpsters.io
fridges.io
carparts.io
diabete.io
jewelers.io
decorations.io
chandeliers.io
valentines.io
sinks.io
registrars.io
techniques.io
chatting.io
couches.io
floral.io
greenland.io
kissing.io
rabbits.io
breaks.io
garment.io
sayings.io

•••
I personally think the "best" .io domains are :
• Short
• One word
• Singular
• Bonus : they are tech/computing related

•••
On flippa the .io tld is now part of the search filter which include (.com .net .org .info .me .io). No other gTLD or ccTLD are on the filter list. I think that is quite significant.

I currently own 5 .io domains including (routers.io, and 4 three character which I will not list at this time). The Estibot value of the 3 letter domains is much higher than their .org or .net counterpart, I think that is quite significant as well.

I am currently selling routers.io

If the reserve isn't met I will be more than happy to continue its development, you can visit the website now to check it out. Google has already indexed over 850 pages. Remember that people use search engines to visit websites more than type-ins, any website which ranks higher will win, and even more if it is branded properly.

Good luck to all.

•••
On flippa the .io tld is now part of the search filter which include (.com .net .org .info .me .io). No other gTLD or ccTLD are on the filter list. I think that is quite significant.

I currently own 5 .io domains including (routers.io, and 4 three character which I will not list at this time). The Estibot value of the 3 letter domains is much higher than their .org or .net counterpart, I think that is quite significant as well.

I am currently selling routers.io

If the reserve isn't met I will be more than happy to continue its development, you can visit the website now to check it out. Google has already indexed over 850 pages. Remember that people use search engines to visit websites more than type-ins, any website which ranks higher will win, and even more if it is branded properly.

Good luck to all.

I wonder when Godaddy will realize they are losing out and get the .io domains into their auctions? I also think the Estibot evaluations of the .io's you have is interesting. I know one thing, Estibot hates the .net extension. I have some .orgs and Estibot evaluates them all more than their .net counterparts usually

•••
Try finding a *decent* one word dictionary .io domain, it is practically impossible.

•••
•••
Try finding a *decent* one word dictionary .io domain, it is practically impossible.

Agree. I found some decent ones including gamble.io, cheese.io, clown.io, position.io, & boat.io but eventually they were all taken within a couple of minutes, while I had them in my shopping cart. Such a high competition is in place, it seems.

•••
Agree. I found some decent ones including gamble.io, cheese.io, clown.io, position.io, & boat.io but eventually they were all taken within a couple of minutes, while I had them in my shopping cart. Such a high competition is in place, it seems.

Gamble seems a year old, had no idea boat.io even expired.

Last edited:
•••
Gamble seems a year old, had no idea boat.io even expired.

All the names I quoted were available at different periods. Not at the same time.

•••
•••
Would you be embarrassed to offer an .io domain to possible end user?

Imagine that you own SBC.io and you found SBCexecitves.com. SBCreative.com, SBConsulitng.com, SBCtech.com, SBCtechnology.com, SuperBusinesCareer.com, SBCmakrketing.com, SBCagency.com, SBCsystem.net, SBConstruction.net, SBCvision.org etc... (these are just examples)

Would you offer them SBC.io with the same confidence as you would have in case of SBC.com? Or you would not offer it to them at all?

Or another example....would you offer Staffing dot io (sorry Mike :roll: ) to some staffing agency?

Why I am asking? Because we, domainers, often don't realize that average Internet user don't know even for .info or .asia, and I am pretty sure that .io would be total enigma to them.

BTW, I have some .ios :laugh:

•••
just for thought, would an .ios extension ever be released? and if it did would you think it would devalue the .io extension?

actually just thought about after I posted; there are many other uses other than ios apps

•••
I am glad to see that AIR FORCE .io is selling for Big money on Flippa. It's two words, not one, and it really has nothing to do with computers, computing, internet use, tech, etc

Over $7k

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back