Dynadot

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess I'm doing something wrong I'm lost :(

•••
Tried Google keyword planner and it gives.....

earrings
Avg monthly searches 165,000

Still a high search average ?

Best,
Paul

•••
Are you checking just the keyword rather than a broad search ie gold earrings ?

atb

•••
I was going to keyword ideas and where it says the name on the Left side and it says how many searches on the right i guess I'm doing it wrong

•••
It definitely has 165000 exact search......not low, but not 7 figure exact search either

•••
I was going to keyword ideas and where it says the name on the Left side and it says how many searches on the right i guess I'm doing it wrong

You're looking in the wrong place. You want to look at "get search volume for a list of keywords..."

•••
But i looked up wrong obviously I'm sorry for being a noob but I thought the way to look them up was key word ideas

•••
Im looking forward to making so many more mistakes lol So should I grace delete the name?
or do I roll the dice lol

•••
.io will fade just like .pw

sure, a select few will profit

but now it's a suckers market for the late comers and the premium listing fee payers waiting for their auctions to begin

ask yourself.....why is everyone trying to sell so fast?

:)

imo....

•••
I thought everyone selling fast to try and make a quick buck but you make sense

•••
.io will fade just like .pw

sure, a select few will profit

but now it's a suckers market for the late comers and the premium listing fee payers waiting for their auctions to begin

ask yourself.....why is everyone trying to sell so fast?

:)

imo....
Dot io has had great sales over several years in existence. There just wasn't enough threads here for folks to notice. Cats out of the bag now IMO.

•••
I bought the domain. The name was actually registered and dropped, which is when Judgemind got it. If you look at .io, many top domains have deleted and been scooped up.

Art.io is the last one of these I'll buy. It's 15 years old. The very best keywords are worth the risk with this one IMO :)

I know how it works :)

If I buy at A and sell at A+C it's a good deal for me. Confirmed.
A buyer is taking a risk of the amount and size of C. Whether that's a good deal or not is yet to be seen.

That's all. A done deal is the only good deal (with exceptions).

just get tired of the old "I needed cash it's a great deal for buyer" bull$hit. That's just a way of saying... if they make out like a bandit I don't end up looking like the idiot in a an obnoxious "how I made 8000% ripping someone off and flipping a domain" story later on They're not actually telling you that you got a good deal at all.

But You know how it works :)

Good luck with it. Holographics - is that available ;)

•••
why is everyone trying to sell so fast?

A select few will profit this is true in all extensions, but I'm not too worried about those selling right now considering there are only 188 auctions for .io going on right now at flippa. I can't imagine how many have been registered recently and way too lazy right now to look it up.

•••
Dot io has had great sales over several years in existence. There just wasn't enough threads here for folks to notice. Cats out of the bag now IMO.

Yeah, no one noticed. That's it.

I guess the cat is out of the bag only when the "Domain Name Authority" edumucates us all.

•••
I thought everyone selling fast to try and make a quick buck but you make sense

Hi

my advice, don't be fooled into buying/registering names, just to list and pay them more money, before you make any.

NO marketplace should be looked at, as your savior.

imo....

•••
Im looking forward to making so many more mistakes lol So should I grace delete the name?
or do I roll the dice lol
If you can. Yes.

Earrings has way too much going against it. Double "r". Two words (essentially) Ear Rings. Non technical. Not at all brandable and competing directly with Rings, Accessories, Jewels, etc. (much better names). It's not the category killer. At least Hologram is THE word for that if you ignore Holo and any fancy sounding name that implies that.

•••
Roses.io was available definitely more brandable, but it's not the category killer like flowers . I get it thanks for the help

•••
Roses.io was available definitely more brandable, but it's not the category killer like flowers . I get it thanks for the help

Rose would be better than both because it's a total brand play. Roses implies flowers so is < flowers :)

•••
•••
People are taking notice. But let's go with whatever you think...

Just saying that people have been talking about .io for a lot longer. Brandbucket over 2 years ago via @equity78's blog commented on io.com's as brands and how they were falling off in part to the .io tld and god knows how long Jason's been talking about it :)

Next we'll find out how .TV is the next big thing that just popped up.

Going with what I think is an option....but I should point out that it's lazy and not always recommended.

•••
Just saying that people have been talking about .io for a lot longer. Brandbucket over 2 years ago via @equity78's blog commented on io.com's as brands and how they were falling off in part to the .io tld and god knows how long Jason's been talking about it :)

Next we'll find out how .TV is the next big thing that just popped up.

Going with what I think is an option....but I should point out that it's lazy and not always recommended.
It's not a case of it just popping up. We're not talking boners, lol.

Jason has sold a serious amount of these in terms of dollars. Most people here haven't done it with .com or .whatever. And the buyers are huge corps that we all know.

Point being is that there is opportunity here if you do it right. Just like anything I suppose, except .mobi!

•••
It's not a case of it just popping up. We're not talking boners, lol.

Fair enough - you said "the cat is out of the bag".... like this is some new thing that was previously hidden (that's what that phrase means).
I have no idea why you're talking about penises.

Last edited:
•••
Ooo, not too sure on that - at first look it looks bad.... but I have zero experience in the .io tld so could be wrong but I am almost 9/10 thinking I am right unfortunately :(

•••
.io, the TLD of Diego Garcia, is not new.
It's been around for a long time.

Since somebody started that fad, domainers are following blindly.
Sadly, this is not the first fad on NP, nor the last.

Sales happen in almost any TLD. Just because somebody made a sale, doesn't mean you're the next.
Did you really think all those new registrations would sell ? It's already hard enough to sell good .com.

•••
.io frenzy reminds me on .mx frenzy on Bido few years ago. I made mid $xxxx of pure profit by registering almost any one word .mx and selling them in the next few days on Bido. Few minutes of work for high $xx to mid $xxx profit per domain. Before .mx some will remember it was very similar with .ws on Bido.

I don't see real value in .io, but I do see reselling opportunity at the moment, mostly to other domainers. I have 4 or 5 .ios, and will probably grab some more, but don't believe they will be so hot after a year or two. They are here around 17 years already! Yesterday I took one word category killer in .mobi. Should I wait for 5 minutes of glory for .mobi too? ;) I guess not, but do know who will buy it and will sell it for sure to them after few months.

"Input/output" thing is BS like "website thing" for .ws. Domainers are very often best buyers for bad domains. We can see value in almost any extension. Our mind is set to present the value to potential end users so it is probably hard to switch and be reasonable when it comes to buying.

Anyway, domaining is business where we aim to make money from domains. If there is demand for .io, even from other domainers, we should provide supply and make money while we can:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back