Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.io .io Thread and Showcase

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

mrcurly

DomainerTop Member
Impact
8,821
Bought a new .io domain through sedo last week a NN.io , bit of an investment and gamble but worth a shot in my opinion.

Anyone investing in .io domains? please feel free to share your investments.

Cheers
 
Last edited:
5
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
From an end user perspective, why would I want to buy and develop a .io instead of a .com?
 
0
•••
From an end user perspective, why would I want to buy and develop a .io instead of a .com?

If you can buy and develop songs.io by purchasing it $500 or so. Its rather difficult to buy songs.com to buy. Dont you think so?
 
0
•••
If, for example, songs.com is not developed (many great domains 90% maybe are just parked) I still wouln't want to put much time/money in to songs.io because any time the .com was developed I would be out of business.
But maybe this is just me.
 
0
•••
yes .io domains are a worthy investment. I had hand regged holograms.io a few months ago and sold to someone here on NP for $1,050, a good deal for them, but i needed the cash and ended up buying 5 more .io names, including FiberOptic.io
 
1
•••
do you think only technology domains are worth buying in io?
 
1
•••
do you think only technology domains are worth buying in io?
That's a very good question. Appearantly io has many meanings. I have a one word domain that I think I'm either going to sell to a company or hold a few years til they get bought up.
 
0
•••
Is part of the attraction of .io that it is, as far as I know, not attached to a specific piece of the planet and thus less likely to be subject to political whims?
 
0
•••
currently i would focus on tech related .io domains.
 
0
•••
what are different between end user and start up?
 
0
•••
0
•••
.io in my opinion is something related to the IO in digital format. Digital is made up of 1s & 0s... this is where I assume the value is and why they're doing well with tech companies.
 
0
•••
In my mind startup implies more funding, more staff and more scope to their plans. I consider myself more of an end user in that I buy to develop for myself and a very small number of customers.
 
0
•••
"Digital is made up of 1s & 0s..."

That would never have occured to me :) I was thinking more that so many good names .coms are tied up but unused and/or so expensive, that some tech startups are using these others. If succesful they grow so fast traffic loss to the .com may not be important,
 
0
•••
same thing imo

thanks for answered. imo "startup" have no business already.. end user have a established company. so where we can find start up? my thought end user not interested in .io extension.. they want a .com .
 
1
•••
is the io extension good for parking i found a good 5 letter word with over 500k avg searches
 
Last edited:
0
•••
thanks for answered. imo "startup" have no business already.. end user have a established company. so where we can find start up? my thought end user not interested in .io extension.. they want a .com .

its sounds like i'm answering my own question.. :p
 
0
•••
I had hand regged holograms.io a few months ago and sold to someone here on NP for $1,050, a good deal for them

How is spending $1,050 on a name you regged a few months ago a good deal for them? For you, yes.
 
1
•••
is the io extension good for parking i found a good 5 letter word with over 500k avg searches
Why would anyone type in good word .io?
 
0
•••
Google has stated that domain extensions would have no impact on SEO ranking - https://plus.google.com/+MattCutts/posts/4VaWg4TMM5F

Which means, theoretically, a .io has as good a chance in ranking on Google as a .com.

So, I think, for a startup or a business owner, it makes more sense to get a category domain - for examples shoes.io for xx,xxx rather than shoes.com for 1 million and spend that money on marketing and in biz development.
 
2
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back