Dynadot

discuss Internet of Everything (IOE) Domain Names.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I didn't see a (IOE) Internet Of Everything thread if I missed it my Apologies.

Please share your Regs and sales here if you wish.

As of lastnight I hand regged these...

Internet Of Everything....

IOECASH
IOEDOWNLOAD
IOEDRONE
IOEXTRA
IOEFOGCLOUD
IOEHOLO
IOESTREAM
IOESECURE
IOEWEAR

All in .Com

What's your outlook on the IOE industry ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are some HUGE companies marketing "IOT" / "IOE" so, semantics aside, I do think there will be some action in the space.[/QUOTE

IOT is a landmark is the evolution of wireless communication. So far we are in the third stage. The first is the discovery of the internet itself, the second is mobile internet, when wifi was embedded in mobile devices and now IOT.

That's how remarkable a technology it is.

•••
•••
•••
Internet of Everything is a Cisco trademark. You risk a UDRP for any IoE-related domain.

The generic term is IoT: Internet of Things.

Interestingly, IoE wasn't registered by Cisco: they probably never bothered because they knew nobody else stood a chance of enforcing such a registration. Which creates yet another problem: not only do you have Cisco to contend with, but a patent/trademark troll has entered the picture. Someone obviously registered that trademark with the intent of picking on the little guys. Are you going to be his next victim?

Can't be bothered to check, but chances are IoT is held by a troll, too. The advantage IoE investors have over IoT investors is that Cisco is eventually going to get rid of the IoE troll.

Edit: The only valid IoT trademark I could find with the USPTO is this one, which may be legitimate, since IoT wasn't a widely used term in 2013. It claims first use in 2007, but the category is pretty cryptic and could be deliberately ambiguous. Hopefully we'll never know.

Last edited:
•••
This happened to me in a different but related category. I ended up deleting them with the quickness. Someone else will likely catch them and try to sell them not knowing that they are in fact trademarks.

The thing is, if someone trademarked "smart phone" *before* you bought "smartphones.com" you better drop it like a hot potato even if it's a plural form, unless you're going to publish a magazine or blog about smart phones as a non competing business...

IOEMagazine.com might be safe. IOECloud.com or IOESuite.com is probably not...

•••
Legally speaking, you can't reasonably trademark "smart phone" in the electronics industry.

Realistically speaking, if the troll has more lawyers than you--which he certainly will--then you'd better run. He's not interested in your domain. He's interested in your house.

•••
Legally speaking, you can't reasonably trademark "smart phone" in the electronics industry.

Realistically speaking, if the troll has more lawyers than you--which he certainly will--then you'd better run. He's not interested in your domain. He's interested in your house.

Smart Phone was just an example.....But my understanding is that, if you were the first person to coin the term "smart phone" you in fact could have trademarked it before it became a common electronics industry terminology. You have to remember that all terminologies were once uncommon and had to be invented by someone at some point in time. That inventor has the right to trademark his new coined terminology if it's unique enough. I'm no lawyer, but this is what I understand about trademarks thus far...

•••
Apple has all the lawyers in the world, but they don't own http://applemagazine.com/ for a reason. It's because they can't, because it's non-competing.

•••
I came up with a really good tech word the other day that was worthy of a trademark, and now I forget what it is. Damn.

Edit: Nah, it's because it'd be bad for PR is they took it down, lol

•••
Internet of Everything is a Cisco trademark. You risk a UDRP for any IoE-related domain.

The generic term is IoT: Internet of Things.

Interestingly, IoE wasn't registered by Cisco: they probably never bothered because they knew nobody else stood a chance of enforcing such a registration. Which creates yet another problem: not only do you have Cisco to contend with, but a patent/trademark troll has entered the picture. Someone obviously registered that trademark with the intent of picking on the little guys. Are you going to be his next victim?

Can't be bothered to check, but chances are IoT is held by a troll, too. The advantage IoE investors have over IoT investors is that Cisco is eventually going to get rid of the IoE troll.

Edit: The only valid IoT trademark I could find with the USPTO is this one, which may be legitimate, since IoT wasn't a widely used term in 2013. It claims first use in 2007, but the category is pretty cryptic and could be deliberately ambiguous. Hopefully we'll never know.

Not according to Cisco, read point 8.

As for the troll, well it's a bit like the trolls who have the term Bitcoin trademarked, once it's challenged it will be thrown out because in both cases neither are indicative of the source of goods or services.

•••
There's no chance in hell that 3 words from the American dictionary would awarded to a specific individual.
"Under the fare use act" it would cost millions and only hurt the "troll" who's intent was to profit from it.
Needless to say I have earned from IOE and will continue to do so. Having 7 VC's with a couple of millions in their pockets gives me that security.

•••
WELCOME TO THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING is also aTM. made befor the cisco TM.
And qualcomm uses internetofeverything two.
i don't understand that? i think if you use IOE your are safe? ore can you make a lot of TM with the the phrase internet of everything

•••
I think "IOE" is safe, unless there is a tech company by that name that is in the same industry of the domain you have. And if someone wants to register a domain with "internet of everything" in it, it's so long and ridiculous that I doubt anyone would even care....

•••
TMs have 45 classes of goods and services. They are also country specific. In my opinion, it's unlikely that anyone here has to really worry about their IoT/IoE domains if they haven't received any legal notices so far.

If someone does come knocking, check which classes they have registered with their TM and then claim you will be using your domains about something different.

If you need more info contact a domain lawyer.

This information in this post is my opinion and does not constitute regulated financial or legal advice.

•••
Terms like "IOE" and "IOT" are industry jargon, so I don't like them as keywords in domain, whereas I think the keyword "cloud" has more meaning and clout among the general public.

Well, it actually took a very long time, years, for the term "cloud" to become mainstream. I think the type of keywords that will succeed with "ioe" "iot" will be generics like BusinessIoE.com or IoTAPP.com etc. Cisco and ATT et al are known for there very heavy branding engine. I've been seeing commercials for both showing up on tv and internet ads. I also expect that the type of keywords that sold for "cloud" is a good indication of what will sell for the "iot" "ioe" trend.

•••
IoEcomputing.com
IoEindustry.com

•••
•••
•••
ioedealer
ioerent
dot coms

•••
•••
•••
•••
5gIoE

BTW if anyone is still doubting this term, advice from me, do not doubt it any longer. IoT will emerge into the IoE, so yes it is a longer wait but a good investment.

•••
5gIoE

BTW if anyone is still doubting this term, advice from me, do not doubt it any longer. IoT will emerge into the IoE, so yes it is a longer wait but a good investment.

Agreed 100%

•••
5gIoE

I agree also, with all the news and IoE Business deals that Cisco & the other major players IoE will become very valuable indeed, It reminds me of the late 90s term "e" was put in front of every major generic business term i.e, ebusiness, etrade, esurance, etc.
remember "e"business sold in 1999 for $10 Million - when the market for "e" and the generic term business = ebusiness was hot! so yes I believe investing in good generic term IoE domains will become very valuable, however only the generic terms (common term)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back