Domain Empire

news Samsung to Invest $1.2 Billion in ‘Internet of Things’ Startups and Research in U.S.

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I saw so much discussion on namepros about domains related to "Internet of things" or IOT, so thought I would share this post from the wall street journal:

WASHINGTON—Samsung Electronics Co. said Tuesday that it will invest $1.2 billion in the U.S. over four years to boost technologies aimed at adding computing power to everyday devices, a movement dubbed the “internet of things.”

The South Korean electronics giant said the funds would be split evenly between internal research and development and investments in other startups. Executives said the funding announcement marked a continuation of Samsung’s increasing openness to partnerships and strategic investments, which it long shunned.\

Read full story here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The owner of InternetOfThings.com is sitting on a goldmine.

•••
•••
Hope for my

GlobalIOTnetwork.com

•••
After the owner and the people at MO read the article the price will go up.

•••
"Internet of things" just basic phrase and nothing to it. I wouldn't be surprise that there will be more phrases like this, that are more fit in today's world of technology.

•••
I think IOT will die with some new term coming up in near future :D

•••
Eventually, and more excitement; than just that.

•••
"Internet of things" = Physical devices, such as transportation, phones, computers and other solid things that are capable of receiving and transporting datas within its own network? We need more advance of this and that...

•••
internetofthings.com worth mid $xxx,xxx easily IMPO, but iot.com in the right hands = truly priceless and if I owned it would liquidate it in low $x,xxx,xxx to a reseller.

sensors. it's allow about connecting sensors.

•••
may be Samsung going biggest giant tech company in next few year

•••
•••
The owner of InternetOfThings.com is sitting on a goldmine.
We own 1InternetofThings.com Not sure what it might be worth-we'll see.

•••
internetofthings.com worth mid $xxx,xxx easily IMPO, but iot.com in the right hands = truly priceless and if I owned it would liquidate it in low $x,xxx,xxx to a reseller.

sensors. it's allow about connecting sensors.

I'm sure someone on NamePros once said they had IoT in .com and sold it mid 00's for $15k.

I know it's easy to say like this when you don't own something, but i don't think I'd sell IoT for even low 7 figures, i think it's worth high 7 figures, possibly even low 8.

The long-tail variant (InternetofThings) is about right (high 6 figures).

Last edited:
•••
Here's why you can't rely on Estibot. It gives InternetofThings.com -which is probably a million $ name- a value of $1,200.

Last edited:
•••
It must be a pretty damn awesome feeling to acquire a short domain (IOT.com in this case) and have it become an acronym for something absolutely massive. :$:

•••
IOT.io = Is more tech sounding.

•••
what do you guys think about the wearables market with smart fabrics being worked on and a lot of other things. It will have a lot to do with iot

•••
what do you guys think about the wearables market with smart fabrics being worked on and a lot of other things. It will have a lot to do with iot

Everything will be part of the IoT sooner or later.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back