IT.COM

.tv インターネット.tv and ブログ.tv ( Japanese IDNs )

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys and gals,

After much debating with whether of not I should reg these two Japanese .tv IDNs, and went and took the plunge.

ブログ.tv ( Blog )
Overture Japan Results - 925,701
Overture US Results - 774
Google.co.jp Results - 28,600,000
Yahoo.co.jp Results - 338,000,000

インターネット.tv ( Internet )
Overture Japan Results - 297,588
Overture US Results - 111
Google.co.jp Results - 36,100,000
Yahoo.co.jp Results - 190,000,000

Now I know that some will probably say the .tv domain will not be any good for these domains, but seeing as the .com, .net and .jp were all taken, was it worth regging these ones ?? I mean, if blog.tv or internet.tv were available in English for Reg Fee, would anyone reg these ?? I think they would.

I did a little searching as well regarding the .tv extension for Japan, and was very suprised at the number of sites who have a .tv domain name. If you do a search on yahoo.co.jp for the term ".tv", you will see there are many many sites from Japan using the .tv extension, which gives me the impression that it might be an excepted domain extension to the Japanese.

Anyway, I would really appreciate any opinions and thoughts on these two.

Thanks for your time.

Alex

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've gone nuts on IDN's. I think you're backing a winning horse - but it might take some time!

•••
Dottvfan

I know exactly how you feel. I stopped regging "normal" domains about a month or so ago, and am now focusing only on IDNs while there are still many goodies out there waiting to be regged.

As for time, I agree with you on that, and with these names, I am not in a rush at all. Maybe they will be get better with age, who knows ??

Alex

•••
... get better with age, who knows ??

Mebe.
Patience is a virtue ( ... also must factor the ongoing yearly renewals fees $$$, IMHO)? :gl: :|

All the best!
-Jeff B-)

•••
I've avoided regging IDNs basically because I wouldn't know where to start. I can't help but think that you guys are getting in at the right time, before the gems disappear to the end user or the top tier domainers that just suck up millions of domains into their portfolios.

Good luck with it! Personally, there are still enough of the standard .tvs lying around that I will run out of bucks long before I need to get into the IDNs.

I think your chosen niche will pay off, though, given time. Good job!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back