Domain Empire

.tv オークション.tv Japanese IDN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Recently I went and regged my third .tv IDN.

This time, it was オークション.tv, which translates as meaning auction. The term has a huge number of results on the Japanese Overture Tool as well as lots of results in Google and Yahoo.

I think that the name fits with the .tv extension. What about you guys ???

All feedbak will be most welcome.

Thanks

Alex

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm a fan of IDN.tv, but I think we need to be selective in choosing names we register. First, because reg fees are high. Second, you will be competing with IDN.com, IDN.net, and IDN.jp (for the Japanese market). If the term you register would be more natural in those three extensions than I probably would not get it, even if the Ovt is high. Also, the .tv market needs to take off in these markets. It appears to be growing nicely in the US / English market. As far as foreign markets - I don't know - I think it will but I don't know when.

Another thing to consider is type-ins. You probably will not get type-ins to a .tv unless the term is a natural fit and even then I wouldn't count on it. You have to be willing to develop it or sit on it for a few years until you get a decent offer for it. Of course that said I think an offer greater than $100 is very likely for this name.

Good luck.

•••
I like the name, Its got good overture rate, Do you plan to develop it ? but, you probably need to hold it for some years, as with any IDNs. I am sure the .TV renewal fee will come down as years go by. I think you should reg. IDN.tv versions for atleast 2-3 years, as we will not see sales for sometime. It will save somebucks on reg. fee. Have u parked your domain name and where do you intend to park ?

•••
I own 影视.tv (movies/television in chinese) and it has had ~30 hits so far this month. I believe there will be a good future for IDN.tv domains, you just have to wait for both the .tv and IDN markets to mature.

•••
its got great potential in a good niche market like japan. :imho:

•••
Alex, i dont think u hit jackpot on this one, i like it and all but it is far from others u have registered it. anyway it is a keyword in any language, great ovt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back