IT.COM

advice $Inquire (Afternic) name listed on BB

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandPlease

BrandPlease.comTop Member
Impact
Hey All,

Might sound like a dumb question to some, but somehow I have not run into this situation until now. I am a bit OCD about my listing and once something goes to BB or BP (etc.) I pull them off the others.

Well, in this case I didn't remove one somehow, but it had no price attached (& not in their fast trans) - just make an offer. & just got the typical add a price in 48 hrs message.

How would you request that the "buyer" go to the darn home page and see the listing? I assume Afternic does not facilitate passing that message along - & I would not jeopardize my relationship with any one - BB, BP, Namerific, so on. 1 sale is nowhere worth the multiple sales I have made with them - so responding with a price or anything other than go to the homepage on BB, isn't an option.

So, any advice - why not just go to the site, potential buyer hahahahah! Seriously I can't believe I am anywhere near the first in this situation - thanks for the ideas in advance.

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a dumb question at all! Like you, I try to remove all other listings before heading over to the brandable marketplaces. However, I was surprised recently to receive an email inquiry from GoDaddy Buy Now service about a name that is clearly listed on the Brandroot marketplace. GD was looking to see "if I was interested in selling" and what sort of price I would be looking for. If anyone looks up the name, they go straight to the BR page with all the BIN information.

Did the prospective purchaser not see this page? Did the GD agent not even bother to check the name before emailing me? I just replied that the name was listed exclusively on BR and the client could purchase it that way. GD did respond that they would let the inquirer know. No sale yet though...

•••
@DnameAgame - The problem with the scenario you describe, is that BB expect to have exclusivity for a domain. This could be cause by 1 of several different circumstances.
1) The owner listed it on BB & then Afternic ( a nono)
2) The owner sold the domain outside of BB and the new owner listed it on Afternic. (a nono)
3) The owner let it drop. Somebody else picked it up, or regged it, and listed on Afternic (I'm not sure how BB look at dropping domains. But if you give them 30 days notice you can remove a domain from their website, but you very rapidly, if you do this more than once, find yourself in BB little black book, where other sellers cannot sell their domains to you). (So that's probably what happens for a drop also. I think this is also a nono)
4) The owner originally listed it on Aftenic before having it approved at BB, and forgot to remove it from them after it was approved on BB (a nono)

So BB have the seller by the short and curly's. Which you freely agree to when you signup with them. And they stick by their rules. But when you request removing a domain, they never once remind you that when the domain is removed, that will be a black mark against you. Even when they advise the 30 wait has ended, they never mention anything. The first time you here about it is when you try to buy a BB listed domain from another BB seller, and the seller informs you that they cannot sell to you because your account is not in good standing. The problem has already got out of hand. You may need to have 5 times more domains than you originally removed, in order to get your account in good standing. It's a percentages thing.

@camswift - You did exactly the correct thing by telling the GD agent that the domain is listed on BB, and if his client wants the domain, they can buy it from BB. He wouldn't like it so much because, he probably loses his buyers commission, or maybe the domain was listed above his clients budget. Who knows what the discussion was between the buyer and the GD agent. Only they are privy to those discussions.

•••
Simple list it everywhere...
Suppose my listing in bp is 5k usd..
And if you rcvd request for price just quote 8000 usd if they buy then pay marketplace commision from additional amount .
Its mistake of buyer coming through other marketplace if they are coming then quote higher price...
I spoke to some buyers about this and they replied they only trust godaddy or sedo they dont trust marketplaces so if they dont trust then you have to charge them more and pay that money to marketplace as they are marketing for us and paying ads money and advertisements ... i sold name day before yesterday buyer offered me low xxx i accepted through paypal then he replied he trust only gd he paid double price through gd so its small example

•••
And if you rcvd request for price just quote 8000 usd if they buy then pay marketplace commision from additional amount .
Its mistake of buyer coming through other marketplace if they are coming then quote higher price...
I spoke to some buyers about this and they replied they only trust godaddy or sedo they dont trust marketplaces so if they dont trust then you have to charge them more and pay that money to marketplace as they are marketing for us and paying ads money and advertisements ... i sold name day before yesterday buyer offered me low xxx i accepted through paypal then he replied he trust only gd he paid double price through gd so its small example
Really bad advice. Price the domain $3,000 more then what you are actually asking? that's a quick way to kill a potential sale if you ask me.

•••
Really bad advice. Price the domain $3,000 more then what you are actually asking? that's a quick way to kill a potential sale if you ask me.
Then if you sell in same price how will you save your bb or bp acct as they will suspend your acct then next solution is kill bb or bp acct for one sale sell outside and remove from there and forget bb or bp for always ... i will not do that for just one sale

•••

Have you actually done this. Or is this just speculation. I'm thinking if you told BB that you sold the domain outside of BB and here's your commission. They'd see this as being against their ToS, and blackball you. It's a long time since I read their ToS. But my feeling is they would not like it at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back