IT.COM

.infos Generate good traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was thinking about buying a cheap .info of an animal that has 5 mil pages on Google and parking it on DomainHop or Sedo. Would this be a good idea? What other kind of domains generate alot of traffic? Sports? Keywords? Businesses?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd say go for it! :tu: :p

•••
Dot info's are great!

I own 7 dot info's and with the right keywords you get tons of traffic. When people find your site on a SE they sure as heck won't look to see if it is a dot com or not... :hehe:

•••
Stella said:
I own 7 dot info's and with the right keywords you get tons of traffic. When people find your site on a SE they sure as heck won't look to see if it is a dot com or not... :hehe:

Would you care about sharing those names/keywords? It'd be nice to see what types of .infos are getting traffic.

•••
My highest trafficed .info's are PedalPumping.info, BedInABag.info, WholesaleHandbags.info

But traffic shouldn't be the only consideration.
Although PedalPumping.info receives twice as many visitors as BedInABag.info or WholesaleHandbags.info it generates less ppc income than either of the others.

KinglyDomains / ChristalWeb Productions

•••
Wow I just found a .info that is the main keyword for 340 mil sites on google. I think I will register this one.

•••
I have to say that the majority of my info domains don't get lots of hits, with most being 3-5 a day and a very few at a couple hundred. However for short domains and proper keywords for SEO, they can't be beat. PPC is mostly a bonus to keep the reg fees paid until they can be developed or sold. The real value in .info is development value by you or your buyer.

•••
Dot infos aren't worth registering and putting time into. However, if you picked up a bunch of freebies and put up a bunch of content sites, they would probably cover their reg fees.

•••
I focused on one specific domain and registered a set of 25 free .info typo domains of that specific domain. I received two unique visitors to 2 of my typo domains so far today, it's not much but I don't care because they were free. :)

•••
I just missed the free offers for .info. I was quite mad as I was away but all is good now, I will hopefully be getting a very nice .info tommorow.

•••
I don't thik .info-s are your best bet when it comes to traffic, I have a bunch but they have very small ammount of type ins.

•••
yes, if you pick good keywords .info s will attract people that have never even thought about looking for your site, this will geta ton of people intrested, let me know what you end up doing

•••
ftech said:
I don't thik .info-s are your best bet when it comes to traffic, I have a bunch but they have very small ammount of type ins.

review your keywords, with the correct keywords your traffic will multiply

•••
dantheman123 said:
review your keywords, with the correct keywords your traffic will multiply

Ok, I'm not talking about developed domains, my domains are just parked. If you are looking for ppc revenue, don't go with .info domains, based on my experience.

•••
I ordered free .infos last month they never propogated oh well

•••
I agree, my .infos are not currently receiving alot of views/visits. I get substantially more traffic w/ .biz and .us names. However, trends do change, and over time, I think .info will strengthen. Frankly, it could be that alot of people are simply oversaturated w/ .info for the moment. In addition, endusers who are aware of the recent .info give away, might be a little hesitant in purchasing now and may be waiting awhile for the dust to settle. Long term prospects for the tld are excellent, IMHO, for reasons often discussed here. (ie language/translation crossover, intuitiveness, and internet= commerce and information).

•••
Jeeese, the other day dotster just dumped a buncha .infos into my account. Seems, if you have a .com for a domain, and the .info was free, they went ahead and dumped it into your account.

•••
crazy said:
I was thinking about buying a cheap .info of an animal that has 5 mil pages on Google and parking it on DomainHop or Sedo. Would this be a good idea? What other kind of domains generate alot of traffic? Sports? Keywords? Businesses?

:hi: How about this domain www.nair.info ???? Just need 100$

•••
crazy said:

start with a popular extension if you want type ins, .info sure isn't the place to be if you want good parking income.

•••
snoop said:
start with a popular extension if you want type ins, .info sure isn't the place to be if you want good parking income.

I'm no expert at type-ins but intuitively I can't imagine a poor name in popular extension being any better than a good name in a not so popular extension....I mean if there's no significant type-ins for ResortHotels.info then its hard to imagine there'd be much for A2ZResortHotels.com either! Now if one is lucky enough to have gotten ResortHotels.com way back when, then its a differnt story....but if one is thinking of regging one today (like the author starting this thread) the choice of available keyword names in newer tlds is way better than one could even imagine in more popular tlds.

Last edited:
•••
I agree. .com rules for type-ins. Although the volume is too low to mean alot, my highest click rates are w/ .info names, which I find interesting. I also am getting alot of views, as well as clicks, for a handful of .biz and .us names. But overall, .com, net and .org are definitely where the parking $$'s are at. But parking is only part of the marketing picture, and I use it more for sales/promotion and gathering data than I do as an income source, although I have heard that some people make very good income off of their ppc's alone. Most of my DN income comes via sales.

•••
billinchina said:
Dot infos aren't worth registering and putting time into. However, if you picked up a bunch of freebies and put up a bunch of content sites, they would probably cover their reg fees.

Yes, if you are registering .INFOs now, you've probably missed the first-class boat. Best to stick to dropping .COMs.

•••
Binfus said:
I'm no expert at type-ins but intuitively I can't imagine a poor name in popular extension being any better than a good name in a not so popular extension....

yep agree

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back