Dynadot

.info .info domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domaintrafficer

Account Closed
Impact
Does anyone have any success with .info domains? I am developing a few into websites. Can anyone recommend what to do with .info or to avoid them altogether?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah i do have some .info domain, sell backlink and adsense.

•••
If you are developing them and the content is good I don't think there should be any problem with it.

•••
Personally, I think dot info is somewhat undervalued in the market-place. I like dot info, because it is short for the word Information. Information can be important to people.
I have were.info and am in the process of developing it a bit. I had were.info appraised here at namepros a couple of months ago, and here is the link if you want to look at what they said:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-appraisals/768821-were-info-over-30-million-google.html

•••
Personally, I think dot info is somewhat undervalued in the market-place.

I agree, I like .info, especially for generic city or state names.

•••
Personally, I think dot info is somewhat undervalued in the market-place. I like dot info, because it is short for the word Information. Information can be important to people.
I have were.info and am in the process of developing it a bit. I had were.info appraised here at namepros a couple of months ago, and here is the link if you want to look at what they said:
You information is really impressive and useful, Now i am thinking for booking .info domain.:laugh:

•••
I personally prefer .info over .com. There are way better names available for open registration and they get traffic, too. Somehow a ".info" looks fresh and attractive, and not as "in your face" as the .com. Something like Insurance.info looks really innocent and informative. Insurance.com looks like someone that wants to take down your personal contact info and put it on the data bazaar for anyone with a buck or two to snatch your personal info and give you late night calls, not even related to insurance :) I made like $60 bucks last month from my .info domains parking... Yea, I like them...

•••
I love them because like many have pointed out I do see them as undervalued. However I would caution that most of the domaining community disagrees. That said, it is definitely a buyers market. If you are looking to acquire some nice .info domains, you can usually do so right now at a fraction of the .com equivalent.

They work very well for information based websites and sites that seek to teach or just give more information on a topic. I have not seen many examples of successful brands using the .info though.

In fact, I have a fishing blog that used the .info. After almost a year, it has gained substantial readership and I will be moving over to a .com based on many recommendations.

•••
I love them because like many have pointed out I do see them as undervalued.
After almost a year, it has gained substantial readership and I will be moving over to a .com based on many recommendations.

I'm curious... why would you want to move a successful site?

•••
I think search engines like .info domains. Keyword .info domains are some of the best domains for organic traffic. And there is still a lot out there to claim...

•••
I'm curious... why would you want to move a successful site?

The readership has been successful and I've made a number of industry contacts. They love the content and the direction but absolutely cannot stand the logo or the name.

Originally, it was about general fishing news then transformed to specifically mostly reviews of fishing lures, tackle and bait. So now the name doesn't make any sense anymore.

The industry contacts have sent many samples and I am even working with a brand to have my own mold made for a signature bait. From a branding and marketing standpoint it needs to be a better name and in .com

As for SEO, I never really did any or link building. The readers come back on their own so I'm not worried about just forwarding the domain.

•••
I have a few successful .info domains. Development is definitely the key if you have a decent domain although if you plan on developing I would recommend registering or renewing the domain for 2+ years.

•••
The readership has been successful and I've made a number of industry contacts. They love the content and the direction but absolutely cannot stand the logo or the name.

Originally, it was about general fishing news then transformed to specifically mostly reviews of fishing lures, tackle and bait. So now the name doesn't make any sense anymore.

The industry contacts have sent many samples and I am even working with a brand to have my own mold made for a signature bait. From a branding and marketing standpoint it needs to be a better name and in .com

As for SEO, I never really did any or link building. The readers come back on their own so I'm not worried about just forwarding the domain.

The visitors may be interested in formation about how to fish, some tips etc..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back