IT.COM

India to Get First Major Domain Conference in September 2014, DOMAINX in Hyderabad

NameSilo
Watch

Would you be attending DOMANX 2014 Conference?

• 11 votes
  • Ended 10 years ago
  • Final results

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Considering the important role that India-based domain companies and investors have played in the history of this business, it is somewhat surprising that the country has never hosted a major event centered around domain investors and developers. That is scheduled to change about 10 weeks from now with plans just announced for the inaugural DOMAINX™ event to be held in Hyderabad on Sunday, September 7, 2014 - a sponsor supported event with no registration charge.

Confirmed Speakers: Ron Jackson, Michael Castello, Michael Gilmour, Jon Yau, Morgan Linton, Deepak Daftari and Ritvik VikasMishra (Government/Cabinet Secretariat).

read complete news story at http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2014/dailyposts/20140623.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looking forward to it, who else from NP is joining? :D

•••
unfortunately unable to join because of personal reasons.

•••
•••
I would love a third option in the poll in the form of "I would like to but I won't" :)

thanks for letting us know though

•••
•••
Why not? must be a reason :)

Disliked my post because I suggested something? sorry I ever posted in your thread lol...

anyway, since it's a poll 'phrase' , you can't state a reason there, that's why the thread exists, to give the reason.
The poll option I mentioned helps by showing how many of those that won't attend would be interested to go and how many find said event uninteresting.

•••
Disliked my post because I suggested something? sorry I ever posted in your thread lol...

anyway, since it's a poll 'phrase' , you can't state a reason there, that's why the thread exists, to give the reason.
The poll option I mentioned helps by showing how many of those that won't attend would be interested to go and how many find said event uninteresting.

lol I disliked because you said "I wont", otherwise there is no reason of disliking you or anyone else for that matter bud :)

•••
Well probably because not everyone can visit Hyderabad,
considering distance n timing.

but i do hope to see atleast a bunch of NP'ers there

•••
This is going to be a milestone in India's domaining journey, and going to give much needed exposure to the industry, which has been a neglected space by far.

Kickass, Awesome Stuff!!!

•••
Well probably because not everyone can visit Hyderabad,
considering distance n timing.

but i do hope to see atleast a bunch of NP'ers there

...and since it's a first domain name event in India, this should be on priority because that is how we will be able to network with fellow domain name investors along with known industry leaders!!

•••
This is going to be a milestone in India's domaining journey, and going to give much needed exposure to the industry, which has been a neglected space by far.

Kickass, Awesome Stuff!!!

nitindomains, need of the hour to be honest. Participation of industry leaders can only boost this space :) And and, if such conferences can happen in North America, why not in India?

•••
nitindomains, need of the hour to be honest. Participation of industry leaders can only boost this space :) And and, if such conferences can happen in North America, why not in India?

It is going to change the specs of domaining, that's how i would want to take it.
Optimism sans too much idealism, is always worth a try. :)

•••
But do remember you cannot discuss the buying,selling and auctioning of .co.in/ .in in the conference as it is illegal!

TIA This Is India

•••
Had absolutely no clue about that rule...

•••
Had absolutely no clue about that rule...

Basically .co.in/ .in are supposed to be for end users only and "domaining" is a no no but of course it happens.

Auctions of them are also illegal in the eyes of the .in registry, but they still happen.

The downside of course is that the registry can confiscate/ claim names that have been acquired this way.

And they do but mainly only the good ones, read in to that what you wish. Perhaps I am just a cynic.

Even parking the names at the likes of Sedo with a for sale link is also illegal in the eyes of the .in registry.

•••
•••
that is absolutely right guys, .in registry does not allow for reselling of their names. However, we are going to be there to discuss & promote Domain names in general :)

•••
.in registry does not allow for reselling of their names.

Really ?!

•••
Well lets just keep these points in mind,
and anyways therez lot more to domaining that can be discussed

•••
I am sure Domainx is not a .in/.co.in discussion limited event.

This is more going to be an event aimed at creating awareness about the potential of having great businesses, at great domains.
So, be it .in, .co.in, .com, .net, .org...or anything else that works with businesses.

We mustn't restrict the scope of an event to discussions about .in/.co.in, solely.

It is also about domain investors, investing in domains + extensions, they think are worth it.

•••
A great opportunity to put the .in registry on the spot.

Anybody representing them at the conference?

So may other cctlds are actively promoting their product by every means including auctions. China stands out amongst them with recent .cn auctions seeing a number of $xxx,xxx sales.

Anyway, I hope it is a great success.

•••
And just for the record I have sold over 900 .co.in/ .in for a reasonable sum of money so that alone makes the registries policies look a little stupid.

Either enforce it or don't. But I guess they at least realise that rigid enforcement would kill the extension so blind eyes are turned!

•••
Anybody representing them at the conference?

Thank wot for the the detailed comments. We have reached out to Dr. Govind (CEO of NIXI), to be part of the DOMAINX 2014 Conference. Lets hope his schedule will permit to be part of the history making event.

•••
Thank wot for the the detailed comments. We have reached out to Dr. Govind (CEO of NIXI), to be part of the DOMAINX 2014 Conference. Lets hope his schedule will permit to be part of the history making event.

Again I wish you guys the very best of luck. Little to old in the tooth to go conference hopping nowadays but I will follow with interest.

For those that don't know NIXI is the National Internet Exchange of India.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back