Domain Empire

India to Get First Major Domain Conference in September 2014, DOMAINX in Hyderabad

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you be attending DOMANX 2014 Conference?

• 11 votes
  • Ended 10 years ago
  • Final results

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Considering the important role that India-based domain companies and investors have played in the history of this business, it is somewhat surprising that the country has never hosted a major event centered around domain investors and developers. That is scheduled to change about 10 weeks from now with plans just announced for the inaugural DOMAINX™ event to be held in Hyderabad on Sunday, September 7, 2014 - a sponsor supported event with no registration charge.

Confirmed Speakers: Ron Jackson, Michael Castello, Michael Gilmour, Jon Yau, Morgan Linton, Deepak Daftari and Ritvik VikasMishra (Government/Cabinet Secretariat).

read complete news story at http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2014/dailyposts/20140623.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good luck with the conference. It seems like a great idea, since India is such a large Internet market. The fact that it is free to attend makes it even better.

•••
Good luck with the conference. It seems like a great idea, since India is such a large Internet market. The fact that it is free to attend makes it even better.

Thank you Eric for kind words and best wishes! :)

•••
This looks like a great opportunity. Certainly going to try and make it to the conference if logistics work out. Thanks to Manmeet for take it upon his shoulders to educate and increase awareness about domains to the Indian Public and Businesses. Im sure this will be a great event with many more to follow!

•••
I think this is pretty good for the India technology market, especially domains. If I was in India I would be trying to make it!

•••
Thank you domaindia & fpforum for the kind words :)

•••
This is very long over due but congratz to India for setting it up!

Hopefully there will be talk about cryptocurrencies! I would love to send money to people in India WITHOUT worrying about converting from USD to INR

•••
This is very long over due but congratz to India for setting it up!

Hopefully there will be talk about cryptocurrencies! I would love to send money to people in India WITHOUT worrying about converting from USD to INR

Haha that's a painful task of converting and losing while you;re at it.. cryptocurrencies are shaping up for the future to be honest :)

Thanks for kind words!!

•••
fantastic event ! Let me arrange for leaves from my job!

•••
•••
I'll definately be going,it's only a 3 hour flight for me.

•••
I'll definately be going,it's only a 3 hour flight for me.

Looking forward to have you with us on 7th September, 2014 in Hyderabad bud :)

P.S. SpiceJet Airlines have special promotion running for those dates.

•••
Exciting developments with Current list of speakers for first ever domain name conference: DOMAINX 2014 Conference on 7th September 2014 in Hyderabad India are:

1. Mr. Adam Dicker (CEO, DNF & DCG.com)
  2. Mr. Ron Jackson (DNJournal.com)
  3. Mr. Michael Castello (CCiN.com)
  4. Mr. Edmon Chung (CEO, DotAsia Organisation & Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum Secretariat)
  5. Mr. Jason Schaeffer (Counsel, ESQwire.com & Strategic Planning, MD.com)
  6. Mr. Michael Gilmour (ParkLogic.com)
  7. Mr. James Wester (JamesWester.com, Domain Name Investor, Broker & Entrepreneur)
  8. Mr. Morgan Linton (Domain Name Investor, Startup Founder & MorganLinton.com)
  9. Mr. Jon Yau (StockPhoto.com, Domain Name Investor & startup Founder)
  10. Mr. W. David Snead (eCommerce, Copyright, Trademark, Licensing Attorney & Internet Law Counsel)
  11. Mr. Karen J Bernstein (Bernstein IP Law Firm)
  12. Mr. Pavan Duggal (PavanDuggal.com, Cyberlaw & E-Commerce law Expert)
  13. Mr. Rodney Ryder (Partner at Scriboard.com, Author of Guide to Cyber Laws: the Information Technology Act, 2000, E-Commerce, Data Protection and the Internet, Advisor to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India)
  14. Mr. Ritvik Vikas Mishra (RitvikMishra.com & Cabinet Secretariat, Govt of India)
  15. Mr. Deepak Daftari (Domain Name Investor & seller of Tie.com)
  16. Mr. Anshul Goyal (Email.biz, Domain Name Investor & Largest Portfolio Holder of .biz Domain Names)

More names to be announced and added periodically, as and when we receive confirmation from other experts.

•••
Will definitely be making it for this one. Looking forward to meeting all the Indian domainers from here.

•••
Will definitely be making it for this one. Looking forward to meeting all the Indian domainers from here.

Looking forward to have you with us Perseusdasilva!! Please do not forget to say "Hello" to me :)

•••
Pumped up about the whole thing.
Domaining goes to an all new level, in India.

•••
•••
I too am attending the DomainX 2014. Really excited about it!!

•••
I too am attending the DomainX 2014. Really excited about it!!

domainking131, great news, please do not forget to say Hello at DOMAINX 2014 Conference!!

•••
Yeah, Sure Soofi. I will be meeting you all there.
I am really very very excited about it since this is my first conference in my 3 years of domaining career.
There are eminent people or THE LEGENDS in the domain industry attending the conference.
I am really excited to meet and hear them out.

•••
Likewise domainking131, see you soon!

•••
I have just registered for the conference and i will be there. PM me, if any NPs are coming, so that we can meet.

•••
I have just registered for the conference and i will be there. PM me, if any NPs are coming, so that we can meet.

SriSri, you better say hello to me and I will get you some goodies :)

•••
SriSri, you better say hello to me and I will get you some goodies :)

Dear Soofi, Thanks for the conf updates. I would love to meet you. Are you part of the event organizing ??
I have seen the agenda. Its quite good. Just a suggestion, i would love to see a live domain auction if possible. I am from hyderabad. And if you need any support, i will be glad to do my part. I will pm my contact details.

•••
Dear Soofi, Thanks for the conf updates. I would love to meet you. Are you part of the event organizing ??
I have seen the agenda. Its quite good. Just a suggestion, i would love to see a live domain auction if possible. I am from hyderabad. And if you need any support, i will be glad to do my part. I will pm my contact details.

SriSri, glad to connect my friend :) Thank you for kind words!

We wanted to conduct live auction at the Conference, however, certain issues prevented us from not having at the first event. We will keep your feedback in mind for our second gig next year and would surprise you with better elements :)

I am the founder of Domain Name Owners Association of India and DOMAINX with other team members, so yeah we would definitely need your full support in coming out and attending the event.

•••
Here are some key recent developments for DOMAINX 2014 Conference:

Domain Name Owners Association of India™ is excited to announce Mr. Adam Dicker (President & CEO of DNF) as a Speaker for the DOMAINX™ 2014 Conference scheduled for 7th September, 2014 at Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre in Hyderabad. Visit him at: Adam Dicker » DOMAINX

Mr. Kartik Taneja, Head Channel Sales and Premier SMB Partnerships at Google India will be Guest of Honour at DOMAINX 2014 on 7th Sept. 2014 at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre. Visit him at: Kartik Taneja » DOMAINX

Mr. Rajiv Sodhi, Vice President & Managing Director, Godaddy India will be Moderator/Speaker at DOMAINX 2014 on 7th Sept. 2014 at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre. Visit him at: Rajiv Sodhi » DOMAINX

Ms. Harini Narayanswamy, Intellectual Property Attorney, International Arbitrator & Partner – Narayanswamy Associates will be part of Legal Discussion Panel at DOMAINX 2014 Conference. Visit her at: Harini Narayanswamy » DOMAINX

Oh and did we mention about crossing 700 registrations mark? Yes, an amazing response from the domain name community from all over the country. That's called living upto the standards, of being FIRST International Domain Name Conference in India.

Have you registered yet? Else, register here: DOMAINX Tickets

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back