IT.COM

India auto market just beat out Germany to become the 4th largest, what about auto domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well here is the article that shows India just crossed Germany to become the 4th largest auto market. https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...gest-auto-market-now/articleshow/63438236.cms

And all projections are in 10 years, India's auto market will be bigger than Germany+UK+Spain+Italy+France combined. Clearly India's ecommerce is not there yet neither are domain name valuations of .IN or .CO.IN in comparison to .DE .

But given the above scenario, considering premium domains in .DE like Cars, Auto, Trucks are six figure domains, who is to say .in and .co.in don't reach those levels of valuation for premium domains

After all market size is market size, right..

What do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many such domains?
Maximum 10.
This thread is about nothing.

•••
This isnt just about the auto market , by the way. Most products and services will be trending this way. So domains related to all these products, if you can imagine

Last edited:
•••
Too many available .in domains nowadays...
I don't see any problems for smart endusers to find good name for regfee.

•••
Not premium commercial generic domains anymore. You can find 2 word or brandables

•••
~2M domains (all .in levels) were 2 years ago...
Today - the same stats.
I see the only one trend - stagnation.

•••
Nothing goes straight up in history, so temporary stagnation is not an issue. By the way, my discussion is about premium domain valuation

•••
The best valuation - your own portfolio...
What average/most bids per your premiums?

•••
so my tit.in maybe worth something
when tata renames to tit in near future
( the shorter the better )

•••
I think in India .com is more popular than ccTLDs.

•••
I think in India .com is more popular than ccTLDs.
This argument is getting a little old , quite honestly. End user looking to use generic premium domains has a lot better chance of owing Cars.in or .co.in than Cars.com for example.

•••
This argument is getting a little old , quite honestly. End user looking to use generic premium domains has a lot better chance of owing Cars.in or .co.in than Cars.com for example.
Yes, most companies now prefer owning both .com and .in/.co.in

•••
Do they use English or local language in their domains?

•••
Do they use English or local language in their domains?
Only english in domain names, there is some effort to use regional local indian languages, but it is still early.
Largest english using country other than US

•••
Only english in domain names, there is some effort to use regional local indian languages, but it is still early.
Largest english using country other than US
Well, it’s % that matters.

•••
There's been a lot of speculation that .in is a sleeping giant, I have my doubts too but look how fast the tides can change (china). No risk = no reward.

•••
I hope the automobile industry doesn't come up with an integrated front camera since I own dashcam.in + co.in :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back