Dynadot

I'm stopping my posts on NamePros. I'm done.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Well based on the latest feedback, it appears I've been just telling crap, made up stuff and untruths.

Such is the feedback from varied fellows here, thanks @VadimK for letting me know.

It also appears my weekly featured "most read" posts, and hundreds messages I got from beginners thanking for my guides, the pricing guides, everything was crap.

It also appears my reported sales are either fake, or if they're real I might have not got the domains where I got them from.

I'm also a "drama queen" as some highly experienced newbie mentioned. Etc.

I will remain subscribed, perhaps I will advertise here on NP but anything else is closed story.

Thanks to all those who contributed to my decision, I appreciate it.

Saves me a lot of hassle, bad feelings and time lost for absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last time we went thru thus i said dont leave and @Jim Holleran crawled out of the woodwork with a cheesy 🧀 comment.
Thanks for your contributions. Stay away for 3 days, I did that last year was like quitting smoking. But namepros is like nicotine, I had to have a puff, now I am chain smoking again.
Best thing for everyone would be a week of maintenance for NP just turn servers off for 7 days, dry our brains out, at least your done the wash cycle and on rinse now.
you have great wisdom:)

•••
Thanks Jim. I am trying my hardest to stop posting here too. After 14 years of domain crack, I may have to go to DnDetox
I noticed a lot of humans have stopped posting. Wonder what their secret is or maybe medical professionals have a medication they have developed not available in Canada.
Proud of those that stop, being called a drama queen here by other members was probably a big help for Twiki

•••
Thanks Jim. I am trying my hardest to stop posting here too. After 14 years of domain crack, I may have to go to DnDetox
I noticed a lot of humans have stopped posting. Wonder what their secret is or maybe medical professionals have a medication they have developed not available in Canada.
Proud of those that stop, being called a drama queen here by other members was probably a big help for Twiki
Just on this topic,

I didn't care about the drama queen stuff. At all. Mentioned it just as a detail.

What I did care about is:

- The ratio of newbies spilling hate etc and who aren't part or even aware of the existing (now former) NP culture;
- The rally of such trolls etc giving like and agree to trolls and attackers
- Established members attacking other members for no reason;
- The inaction / lack of response / support from other established NP members when you are posting actual helpful stuff and all you get in return is trolling.

The last two things in the list is what I can't go past.

For the first two there is the ignore button. But not for the bottom ones. For me these were clear sign that old times were gone on NP.

I could / would like to post and comment every day. Yet I know it's better for me not to, so I'm not. Will stick to the decision, I found that in life once you reached a firm decision it's best to stick to it.

Last edited:
•••
Adios Amigo,

I totally respect your decision, although I will be sad to see you go.

However...
I never thought you would let the trolls, jackals, a$$hats and general fools run you off.
Bro, I've been here for 18 years and I've seen them all come and go, mostly go.
Everyone that enters this forum brings us joy... some by entering, some by leaving.
You were always considered by me on of the former.
Your contributions to this forum trump any B.S. that could possibly be said against you.

The time and effort you put into that AMA thread speaks volumes for what kind of human you are.

So good luck with all your future endeavors, I wish you health, happiness and a long fruitful life.

Thank you for raising the bar.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Adios Amigo,

I totally respect your decision, although I will be sad to see you go.

However...
I never thought you would let the trolls, jackals, a$$hats and general fools run you off.
Bro, I've been here for 18 years and I've seen them all come and go, mostly go.
Everyone that enters this forum brings us joy... some by entering, some by leaving.
You were always considered by me on of the former.
Your contributions to this forum trump any B.S. that could possibly be said against you.

The time and effort you put into that AMA thread speaks volumes for what kind of human you are.

So good luck with all your future endeavors, I wish you health, happiness and a long fruitful life.

Thank you for raising the bar.

Peace,
Kenny
Thanks a lot, Kenny.

But may I point out that you've misinterpreted my comments. It's not the trolls that have gotten me.

It's the others. Those who you would expect to do things differently around NP.

May I point something out as well.

Out of the experienced domainers, ones with much higher paychecks than me and more years behind. How many are posting stuff as I did?

Close to none.

There are two very important reasons for it.

1) They already went through this turning point and past it.

Many already have confirmed this publicly and I've also gotten private discussions as well.

2) After some level, the more experienced you are, by sharing what you do you will only get:

A) folks who don't get what you do (and might call you dumb or whatever) , and
B) those who yesterday knew nothing but today they breathe in the back of your neck.

You're creating unwanted competition and you also get punished by sharing.

Most Pros here only comment minor stuff, share some sales now and then ("no further comments") or talk about their wife like it's the subject that matters on NP / the only subject.

Everything else is rare, and not by accident. I completely get them now.

That's it.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with you. Too much drama these days, have enough to deal with raising teenage daughters lol

•••
Out of the experienced domainers, ones with much higher paychecks than me and more years behind. How many are posting stuff as I did?

Close to none.
Hi

since you can't control what others do or don't do, then it shouldn't be contemplated in that manner.

when you make the decision to "open-up" then do so based only on your motivation and reasons.
but you can't be naive' about the potential responses or consequences.

Most Pros here only comment minor stuff, share some sales now and then ("no further comments") or talk about their wife like it's the subject that matters on NP / the only subject.

Everything else is rare, and not by accident. I completely get them now.

Hi

if i was a pro, then i'd do as i've always done.
which is to comment on minor stuff, and also on major shit when deemed necessary
and i too have shared some sales now and then.

but a pro would also look at the environment and get idea of what can be said here and what to keep unsaid, at least for now or only to a select few.
all pro's don't have the same sharing attitude, some want you to dig like they dug and find your own way

imo....

•••
@twiki

Thank You for all your contributions,

•••
Hi

since you can't control what others do or don't do, then it shouldn't be contemplated in that manner.

when you make the decision to "open-up" then do so based only on your motivation and reasons.
but you can't be naive' about the potential responses or consequences.

Hi

if i was a pro, then i'd do as i've always done.
which is to comment on minor stuff, and also on major shit when deemed necessary
and i too have shared some sales now and then.

but a pro would also look at the environment and get idea of what can be said here and what to keep unsaid, at least for now or only to a select few.
all pro's don't have the same sharing attitude, some want you to dig like they dug and find your own way

imo....
@biggie

I have always enjoyed your contributions through the years.

•••
Only need to say a few truths and get negative ratings that is normal. It is also normal for the majority to feel right when any study especially on domains will always prove the majority is wrong. Just harden up and stop caring and know you have best answer.

•••
Heavy dislike …twiki ofc you will receive different experiences from your posts….

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back