Dynadot

I'm stopping my posts on NamePros. I'm done.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Well based on the latest feedback, it appears I've been just telling crap, made up stuff and untruths.

Such is the feedback from varied fellows here, thanks @VadimK for letting me know.

It also appears my weekly featured "most read" posts, and hundreds messages I got from beginners thanking for my guides, the pricing guides, everything was crap.

It also appears my reported sales are either fake, or if they're real I might have not got the domains where I got them from.

I'm also a "drama queen" as some highly experienced newbie mentioned. Etc.

I will remain subscribed, perhaps I will advertise here on NP but anything else is closed story.

Thanks to all those who contributed to my decision, I appreciate it.

Saves me a lot of hassle, bad feelings and time lost for absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have experienced some trollers in this forum. I have learned to ignore them and move on.Just follow what your gut says. You are the leader for your own kingdom. Good luck whatever the decision yours would be.

That's exactly what I am doing. Appreciated.

•••
Hi

anytime you step on the stage and grab hold of the mike to speak
there will always be mo-fo's to test you...to see if you are weak

if, you don't have conviction, stamina and strength to defend your position
then don't get up there, because i'll question your ass if deemed necessary.

take the heat, and convert to determination

imo...

•••
I have enjoyed every post of you and i really wish that you keep posting. Your post have been very valuable. When it comes to people, it's not in your control on what they say. They will keep saying but at least you have the power of ignoring. Take what you like and ignore what you dislike.

•••
@twiki Contributing is sometimes a thankless act. My advice would be to contribute what you can and avoid letting positive or negative feedback get into your head. Period.

•••
I would like to add something to this post, and then I'm done.

First off, thanks to all who gave advice. I know the benefits of a cool head. But the thing here isn't about that. Yes disappointment is a trigger and a last drop is a last drop.

But it's deeper than that.

My opinion is that Namepros isn't quite as it used to be. There's a certain threshold, that in my opinion has been crossed already. Yes there were heated discussions in the past too. But nowadays, they have been replaced by insults, blunt and meaningless attacks. And I'm tired of hitting the ignore button as it might crash soon.

My last word to fellow members is this.

What has struck me lately is not the trolls. But rather, how the community here supports the trolls and not those valuable contributors.

This was not happening in the past.

A place where the community doesn't take attitude against toxic people (Alcy, remember anyone? ) becomes toxic and that's the state of this forum today. Becoming toxic.

This is not the first forum I am leaving. I've left another one where I was contributor for a decade, and actually one of the biggest contributors. It was an forum related to internet such as NP is. What happened there, happens here now. This is a gradual process and you don't even see it while happening, unless you saw it before.

That site is defunct now, as trolls have been left to their own devices.

Besides trolls, there are also snakes. A snake is one that does not behave like a troll, but rather paints a very friendly picture and tells you they appreciate you. Yet all they do is inject venom when you're not paying attention. Enough said.

So this is my warning to everyone well intended around here.

Take attitude. Weed trolls out, until too late. Otherwise, the most valuable contributions (not mine) will be driven out.

My relationship with this forum has been strained for a while, due to the aforementioned things. It is now broken. And something broken can't be unbroken. You can't take a broken cup, glue it again and pretend it's all new.

I will not reply to DMs as well. Please don't DM me, I will not reply except to a couple friends (they know themselves who). It's not me being impolite if I don't reply, it is me who is not an integral part of this forum anymore.

Whether I will post any sales from now on or not, it's not established. I doubt I will. I don't see the point for it further. I don't look for fame, it doesn't bring me money or any other advantage. I'm also getting more competitors breathing in the back of my neck. And trolls. No advantage. It's... dumb.

Forums tend to turn the more experienced people into cynics. I don't like to become that, I prefer not to be there anymore.

There is no surprise the most established, experienced people rarely post anything. They've learned the lesson. It was time for me to learn the lesson.

It was a nice trip while it lasted.

Further comments, please note that I will NOT be reading anything further here and I am turning off all notifications. If you want to post something, you're posting just for other members to read as I am not reading.

Good luck everyone, and be well.

Last edited:
•••

First off, thanks to all who gave advice. I know the benefits of a cool head. But the thing here isn't about that. Yes disappointment is a trigger and a last drop is a last drop.

My opinion is that Namepros isn't quite as it used to be. There's a certain threshold, that in my opinion has been crossed already. Yes there were heated discussions in the past too. But nowadays, they have been replaced by insults, blunt and meaningless attacks. And I'm tired of hitting the ignore button as it might crash soon.

What has struck me lately is not the trolls. But rather, how the community here supports the trolls and not those valuable contributors.

A place where the community doesn't take attitude against toxic people (Alcy, remember anyone? ) becomes toxic and that's the state of this forum today. Becoming toxic.

This is not the first forum I am leaving. I've left another one where I was contributor for a decade, and actually one of the biggest contributors. It was an forum related to internet such as NP is. What happened there, happens here now. This is a gradual process and you don't even see it while happening, unless you saw it before.

Besides trolls, there are also snakes. A snake is one that does not behave like a troll, but rather paints a very friendly picture and tells you they appreciate you. Yet all they do is inject venom when you're not paying attention. Enough said.

Take attitude. Weed trolls out, until too late. Otherwise, the most valuable contributions (not mine) will be driven out.

My relationship with this forum has been strained for a while, due to the aforementioned things. It is now broken. And something broken can't be unbroken. You can't take a broken cup, glue it again and pretend it's all new.

I will not reply to DMs as well. Please don't DM me, I will not reply except to a couple friends (they know themselves who). It's not me being impolite if I don't reply, it is me who is not an integral part of this forum anymore.

Whether I will post any sales from now on or not, it's not established. I doubt I will. I don't see the point for it further. I don't look for fame, it doesn't bring me money or any other advantage. I'm also getting more competitors breathing in the back of my neck. And trolls. No advantage. It's... dumb.

Forums tend to turn the more experienced people into cynics. I don't like to become that, I prefer not to be there anymore.

There is no surprise the most established, experienced people rarely post anything. They've learned the lesson. It was time for me to learn the lesson.

Further comments, please note that I will NOT be reading anything further here and I am turning off all notifications. If you want to post something, you're posting just for other members to read as I am not reading.

Best of luck and thanks for your contributions.

•••
I would agree that Twiki seems a bit controversial, however I understand where he comes from.Guys from Central Europe often seem awkward.
You have definitely offered some nuggets of domaining wisdom to everyone, other times you sound dogmatic indeed.
I think all you need is to take a long break, go to Bangkok and come back when and if you feel ready.
Spending too much time on this forum is unhealthy I think, especially when the topic is something so fluid and often random like domaining.

Last edited:
•••

I don't post as often on here for this reason - the forum has been going down hill for a while now - lot's of idiots on here, to much negativity and not of people contributing in a positive manner......

I closed my account a while back, came back, but really only check out the buy section, domain sales, some news and a few interesting threads that pop up every now and then - the rest is BS imo.......

Can't really call people trolls when all they do is hit a dislike button and stay hidden - to much like Social Media crap and I don't use Social Media for personal stuff

Handful of people on here are worth following and reading up on - won't name them, but it's obvious who they are.......The rest, well.........

•••
@twiki I disagreed with your post. Think you need to re-focus on your goals and leave the trolls to their trolling. Namepros needs people like you, and we'll be worse off without you
My opinion is that Namepros isn't quite as it used to be.
Change is constant.
There's a certain threshold, that in my opinion has been crossed already. Yes there were heated discussions in the past too. But nowadays, they have been replaced by insults, blunt and meaningless attacks.
Just don't take it personally, probably the other guy is having a hard time.
And I'm tired of hitting the ignore button as it might crash soon.
I don't buy it. Hit the ignore button solves the problem.
Disagree, think the mod team do an good job of moderating the forum, and hell I've been on the receiving end of a heap of warnings, restrictions, deletions. It goes with the territory. The mods are right most of the time, but they are humans too, and we humans all make mistakes.
Really? Need some hard data to believe that.
Well, then there's democracy. Which is a good thing, no?
Trolls are trolls, I disagree with using other animal species to further downgrade humans. Snakes are beautiful, generally peaceful animals and a vital part of the planet's eco system. What have snakes ever done to you? Just call people out for their actions.
All your valuable content is still here, and I don't see it being deleted any time soon. Your contributions will remain online for everyone to benefit from.
This is where you get called a drama queen! :ROFL:
I will not reply to DMs as well. Please don't DM me,
Just turn it off for anybody you don't follow. Problem is solved.
Yeah you will mate! :xf.wink:

•••
To those that read and placed comments in this thread, came back to give you the "cool head" results:

I will be mostly reading on Namepros from now on.

As I said, you can't unbroke something broken. As announced, there will be no more posts as everyone here is used to.

I'll explain but it takes a bit of text:

( The broken thing has probably been understood as "this is me taking my toys elsewhere", hence the drama queen label. Yeah it definitely seems that. I don't care if it continues to seem that.

But for a better understanding. What it means I that have no longer the trust that any of my efforts here will reach the right people with the right message will have good outcome. And that I won't get instead... just the mandatory punishment for any good deed. Which in fact also goes against my own investment as I get more people breathing in the back of my neck by sharing; so overall, yeah fool me to ever do that.

See, I've received attacks from people who I did not see that coming from. And saw others offering solidarity to trollers. The community's own immune system is not functioning anymore. I firmly believe that now.

So trust in the forum itself has been broken for me. I know that know good people are still hanging around, but as a community, more and more of the others (trolls etc) are taking over. Today, posting my methods and sharing what i believe is important and useful stuff now seems... can't even find a word for it. Something I'm not into doing anymore, as in ever. And i feel many others will follow suit and I know many have done that already. )

--------------
Maybe I will sometimes post a short comment here and there, such as a link (e.g. found some info about Meta today). But that's about it.
--------------
I will not share any of my methods anymore. Besides, they are dumb and haven't ever worked. Like someone here mentioned. Besides, has anyone ever seen DROPS being sold in the sales thread? Perhaps above $1K.. 2K? Anyone selling that consistently, ever... ? Nay?

Case obviously such things doesn't exist, like good drops that can be sold. So don't waste your time further. Leave the drops to fools looking for fools gold (e.g. me).

It appears that my methods aren't for the new Namepros. I therefore reclaim myself as old and inadequate for the new stage of the community.
--------------

Okay, so other notes, replies to those who posted:
@twiki I disagreed with your post. Think you need to re-focus on your goals and leave the trolls to their trolling. Namepros needs people like you, and we'll be worse off without you

Thanks for all your comments, @redemo . Valuable things I am aware of but always nice to remind / refocus on them.

I know you disagreed on this post and I'd agree with you disagreeing with it. But my decision stands.

The moderation thing:

I firmly stand behind what I saw. Many guys here can't recognize such stuff because they haven't yet seen a broken forum, but I did multiple times. Well in the last 1-2 years, things have gone in the wrong direction, and most of the more experienced posters here would agree I think.

Edit: I hope mods are reading this too. The 'misinterpreted democracy' thing I observe is killing this community.

You probably don't see it, if you haven't seen a similar process before. But I see it and others saw it as well already.

I can get past any troll and use the ignore button firmly. But today it seems pointless... as it doesn't solve much. I have lost trust in the quality of the community here (overall; not everyone deserves that though) as it is being diluted more and more with folks that shouldn't be here.

Newbies who got here recently and all they have to share is attacks and actions that go against community established norms. Vile attacks for no reason. Some established members are also being lured into copying this behavior, unfortunately.

Also, a forum isn't a democracy. It must be ruled. Mods are the rulers. Otherwise, on longer term it turns into anarchy. It is more like if police wouldn't exist. Imagine the result.

Again I see this well as I've seen it before a couple times. And to me this irreversible process is of site self-destruction is already well undergone. Edit: I really hope I'm wrong and that it can be salvaged, cleansed, but as per my own experience I don't foresee this happening.

Side note... nothing lasts forever. And whatever kills that thing, is often viewed clearly only in hindsight.

I would agree that Twiki seems a bit controversial, however I understand where he comes from.Guys from Central Europe often seem awkward.
You have definitely offered some nuggets of domaining wisdom to everyone, other times you sound dogmatic indeed.
I think all you need is to take a long break, go to Bangkok and come back when and if you feel ready.
Spending too much time on this forum is unhealthy I think, especially when the topic is something so fluid and often random like domaining.

[ @phaethon , you're not that far off with controversial. But it's not really about Central Europe folks although there is indeed a cultural difference. We're perhaps more fiery and outspoken as culture(s), sometimes noisy; while Westerners tend to be more cold (never liked that BTW), distant, polite in general and perhaps often withdrawn in my opinion and very careful about their image and others' perception vs. general norms. Therefore sometimes we might step on toes of Western countries folks and I understand that. ]

But the main thing to be admitted is that I am indeed outspoken, perhaps too direct and occasionally blunt. And I am definitely nonconformist. Even my domaining is like that. I always challenge the mainstream and like to show what I see, which is very different from others because I don't really follow the mainstream but rather my own tracks.

That's why I am pretty much alone here in selling drops on a frequent basis (95% of my reported sales being drops). I'm even more nonconformist at coding so I have disturbed some conventions and "regulations" in that area too. But I get results and I like to show off some completely unorthodox method to get great results at something.

The dogmatic aspect, I reflected on it and in hindsight I agree as I realized where it comes from. It's coming from my more than 2 decades of business and giving orders everyday, so it's a profession-induced flaw. I'm on it but it will always be there. I probably am like that sometimes without even realizing. Also thinking in a different language and culture and expressing that in English doesn't really work out flawlessly.
--------------
I haven't yet decided if I will post any more sales or not, in the sales reports thread. Still reflecting on it, but I have mixed feelings for now.
--------------

Okay so that's what I wanted to say. In short, I stand by the original decision.

The good news is: This forum isn't about me, nor do I matter.

I've only replied now, to those who commented about me as a sign of thanks and respect even if they pointed at flaws not just the good things; in order not to leave this departure unclear. But again this is isn't about me and has never been - obviously. With or without my posts, the forum will continue to exist - in its new, ever-changing form.

I don't think me "leaving" is any kind of a loss. However I already see loss in some different ways, aggregate ones, as I explained above - but it ain't about me.

I'm a reader here now, just like most of you.

Thanks for reading and posting.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @twiki, I've seen you leave and come back now several times. It seems like a real struggle to you. Don't know what's going on, but perhaps take some well-deserved rest and distance for a while. Focus on positive things. Wish you all the best, and hope to see you back again with your contributions in the future.

•••
Hi @twiki, I've seen you leave and come back now several times. It seems like a real struggle to you. Don't know what's going on, but perhaps take some well-deserved rest and distance for a while. Focus on positive things. Wish you all the best, and hope to see you back again with your contributions in the future.

It only (really) happened once. That was my comeback. Now my comeback has ended.

I'm mostly a reader now and I like it as such.

Edit: You're getting the distancing thing wrong; it ain't gonna change anything.

Side note I'm not only fine, I am good and progressing on several things. Can't say if I ever been happier, was reflecting today. Domaining has been meh just lately (August, second half) which doesn't matter; but overall still positive ROI and in fact my costs are declining a lot. So I can't complain on any aspect.

Besides, it's funny how people think I am not doing well if I take decisions based on rational interpretation of elements at hand. (And new business, new projects). It's not depression (at all) neither dark view of the future or present, but rather proper adaptation. Something I learned in business.

Edit2: I am progressing fast on Dotible and another business I have (unrelated) which are now set for the future. Will also continue to keep some domains rolling and designing a new strategy, but it won't be public.

Last edited:
•••
Yo @twiki you will be back. I guarantee it. Totally addicted to Namepros. Love ya! :xf.love:

•••
Thanks @twiki. It's good to hear that you're doing well personally. I wrote it that way, because you mentioned you're not going to post anymore, but then continued explaining. I was actually serious in my suggestion to step back for a little while. But if you decide not to leave, that's even better :)

•••
Yo @twiki you will be back. I guarantee it. Totally addicted to Namepros. Love ya! :xf.love:
:xf.smile: Thanks! It's good that you at least keep your hopes up. They do well for health.

(not that they'll accomplish anything in this case)

•••
Thanks @twiki. It's good to hear that you're doing well personally. I wrote it that way, because you mentioned you're not going to post anymore, but then continued explaining. I was actually serious in my suggestion to step back for a little while. But if you decide not to leave, that's even better :)

Sorry, but I actually decided to leave permanently.

The only thing will be minor comments here and there. And perhaps some sales if I ever get past my mixed feelings about that too.

These comments are just me wrapping it up.

•••
"Departure tip" for whoever has been reading me (and admitted shameless plug):

You'd probably want to keep an eye at Dotible for the future.

There are things coming there that you haven't seen anywhere, and many of the tools in my backyard will go live. Some of the stuff has been forever-needed in this industry.

I won't have a lack of customers (getting inquiries already) BUT I want you to have a chance to look at it. Good stuff will be free too.

Edit: Like for example (for now) the free appraisal tool getting better, AND the bulk domain TLD search also getting better, free with ability to sort by TLDs count and more.

I'll also blog there occasionally so you might want to subscribe to that once available. As some of the former posts here will be replaced by new domaining articles on Dotible's upcoming blog section.

Here on Namepros I will advertise my new tech business (contacted them already), just like any other paying advertising client once my project is ready for that, coming shortly.

Last edited:
•••
"Departure tip" for whoever has been reading me (and admitted shameless plug):

You'd probably want to keep an eye at Dotible for the future.

There are things coming there that you haven't seen anywhere, and many of the tools in my backyard will go live. Some of the stuff has been forever-needed in this industry.

I won't have a lack of customers (getting inquiries already) BUT I want you to have a chance to look at it. Good stuff will be free too.

Edit: Like for example (for now) the free appraisal tool getting better, AND the bulk domain TLD search also getting better, free with ability to sort by TLDs count and more.

I'll also blog there occasionally so you might want to subscribe to that once available. As some of the former posts here will be replaced by new domaining articles on Dotible's upcoming blog section.

Here on Namepros I will advertise my new tech business (contacted them already), just like any other paying advertising client once my project is ready for that, coming shortly.
I have been trying dotible. Looks like there is still some work to go as it thinks a lot of my single word domains like clarinettists .com is a 4 word domain. I love that there is 20 free searches per day and I love the velocity score so will probably use it a lot in the future. Thanks!

•••
I have been trying dotible. Looks like there is still some work to go as it thinks a lot of my single word domains like clarinettists .com is a 4 word domain. I love that there is 20 free searches per day and I love the velocity score so will probably use it a lot in the future. Thanks!
Hi, first off thanks for trying it out. Note, it has been quite successful so far despite it's not "finished" yet.

For sure it needs more work. But let me explain why you got that result.

Most people trying the tool never read the notes:

Untitled.png

So as you can see, it's not even designed to do that yet.

The reason you get that is that the word you are appraising is an obscure one and it's not the kind that would appear in any sales history data.

Without the training data, any tool like this can't tell anything about something. It'll just throw a number there. Which is why most single-words cannot be appraised with precision, ever. They don't appear in any sales. It will probably never appraise "hyperhidrosis" correctly as there is no history for that word.

So not only you're trying a feature that is not there yet, you're trying it with a word for which chances are you're going to get a very rough ballpark number and that's it.

Side note I'm determined in offering better precision with my tool. That's where it differs from others in the market. And it's designed for domain investors, by a domain investor.

The second aspect is the 4-word, why it says that. Again look at the snapshot image above.

The tool doesn't recognize all words as it uses a limited dictionary. It does that to save resources and also because it is unlikely any tool will always have all the words out there.

But in essence it makes no sense so far to have any word that is not previously sold (such as my medical word above). Therefore it will try to find words within your word and sometimes certain phrases might be seen as common snippets even if they are not exactly English words but they carry sale value.

Like combinations of letters that are frequently used... word modifiers... etc. It uses that and it gets to a 4-word or words or snippets (the latter, mostly)

Even with a much larger dictionary, unless you have all obscure words in the world mapped in for some reason, chances are "clarinetists" which also is the plural version might of the word, have never gotten a correct appraisal. Even after me posting the tool with the 100% ready for production version.

So this has been the what on why.

Final note on it is this.

My tool was never intended originally to appraise everything, but rather to focus on 2 word .COMs which is its best area.

But since everyone keeps testing it with the wrong stuff (nobody is reading ANY instructions), I was forced to add new things so it will end up as a complete appraisal tool. Which, perhaps, it is not that bad of an outcome.

Feel free to use it as much you like.

Only problem is, if bots start hitting it hard I might have to reduce the daily quota to 1 search eventually. It has already happened with the other tools (domain bigdata searches, top section on the left) now things are fine (quota is plenty there too) but it's a neverending battle nowadays. But will see about that (bots) when it comes.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @twiki

I hope you stay on NP but respect whatever decision you make.

This is also part of the reason I don't comment much on NP anymore.

Good luck in the future

•••
Hi, first off thanks for trying it out. Note, it has been quite successful so far despite it's not "finished" yet.

For sure it needs more work. But let me explain why you got that result.

Most people trying the tool never read the notes:

Show attachment 222468

So as you can see, it's not even designed to do that yet.

The reason you get that is that the word you are appraising is an obscure one and it's not the kind that would appear in any sales history data.

Without the training data, any tool like this can't tell anything about something. It'll just throw a number there. Which is why most single-words cannot be appraised with precision, ever. They don't appear in any sales. It will probably never appraise "hyperhidrosis" correctly as there is no history for that word.

So not only you're trying a feature that is not there yet, you're trying it with a word for which chances are you're going to get a very rough ballpark number and that's it.

Side note I'm determined in offering better precision with my tool. That's where it differs from others in the market. And it's designed for domain investors, by a domain investor.

The second aspect is the 4-word, why it says that. Again look at the snapshot image above.

The tool doesn't recognize all words as it uses a limited dictionary. It does that to save resources and also because it is unlikely any tool will always have all the words out there.

But in essence it makes no sense so far to have any word that is not previously sold (such as my medical word above). Therefore it will try to find words within your word and sometimes certain phrases might be seen as common snippets even if they are not exactly English words but they carry sale value.

Like combinations of letters that are frequently used... word modifiers... etc. It uses that and it gets to a 4-word or words or snippets (the latter, mostly)

Even with a much larger dictionary, unless you have all obscure words in the world mapped in for some reason, chances are "clarinetists" which also is the plural version might of the word, have never gotten a correct appraisal. Even after me posting the tool with the 100% ready for production version.

So this has been the what on why.

Final note on it is this.

My tool was never intended originally to appraise everything, but rather to focus on 2 word .COMs which is its best area.

But since everyone keeps testing it with the wrong stuff (nobody is reading ANY instructions), I was forced to add new things so it will end up as a complete appraisal tool. Which, perhaps, it is not that bad of an outcome.

Feel free to use it as much you like.

Only problem is, if bots start hitting it hard I might have to reduce the daily quota to 1 search eventually. It has already happened with the other tools (domain bigdata searches, top section on the left) now things are fine (quota is plenty there too) but it's a neverending battle nowadays. But will see about that (bots) when it comes.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Yes, oops, sorry, did not read instructions (PEBKAC). Thanks for making it free. I am enjoying using it!

•••
Sorry @twiki but we can't allow you to leave. You're staying mate.

•••
Hey @twiki I know you'll be back because you haven't said what dates you're going away for. Let me give you an active example. I'm going to stop all posts on the public forum until Saturday night. Now watch me do it.

•••
Hey @twiki I know you'll be back because you haven't said what dates you're going away for. Let me give you an active example. I'm going to stop all posts on the public forum until Saturday night. Now watch me do it.
As I said I will be only posting about Dotible and that's it. I'm not interested in participating in any other discussions anymore. What has been before is now left in the past.

You are free however to believe what you like of course.

Edit: I am already not posting or commenting about other stuff than my tech biz mentioned and there is no end date. Thanks for the understanding.

Last edited:
•••
Stay in touch friend. I've appreciated your posts and advice. I'll keep an eye on Dotible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back