Dynadot

.IM Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have seen quite a few registered lately, has anyone got any comments on these names. What if there was a good keyword name, is it worth grabbing.

I believe its the Isle Of Man, but are people possibly going to use the "Instant Messaging" acronym for these domains??

Thanks for any advice??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@ iSKY

Ah, you have Loto.im and I have Lotto.im ;)

•••
lotto.im is a trademark :) (shoes and sport equipement)

loto.im is reffering at lottery games ;)

Good luck my friend!

•••
@ iSKY

I think Lotto refers to lottery games. For more details you can check at - define:lotto - Google Search and the word "loto" doesn't refer to lottery games.

•••
Dot IM

I think most ccTLD's with a generic word could be valuable. I own Autos.im. But, I think Dot FM is better. Easy to remember! Here are a few I own:

Houses.fm

Roses.fm

Robert.fm

Fred.fm

Cameras.fm

Photography.fm

Motorcycles.fm

Vagina.fm

and many more.....Any takers????!!!!

•••
Hi

dancer.im

guitarist.im

but im not.

•••
Feel free to PM me any offers

ooo.im
Items.im
Screensavers.im
Tones.im

•••
Thong.im

Thong.im
thanx
wdc

•••
•••
Accommodations.im
(yes, its spelled correctly)

who wants this ? pm back

•••
•••
•••
•••
own these at the moment..

onlines * im
retail jobs * im
houses for sale * im
drop shipping * im

•••
•••
Just reg Ask dot im, worth ?

•••
I wouldn't be regging to many .IM names just because they are available, there are no recent sales of these names (apart from the odd domaner buying from another domainer)

•••
i personally think if you can't hold on to .im for 5 years from now don't even bother putting your money into it, as you said just because its available does not mean it will sell right away too.

i have 52 of them and i think i m quite firm to keep them for 2-5 years minimum unless i get an offer i can't refuse or think is the best at that moment

•••
Folks pay attention to the renewal prices.

Keep in mind that the local market is minuscule. That fact won't change in 5 or 10 years. Why would they become significantly more valuable by then ? I don't get the logic.

•••
The way I think is that internet marketing for small businesses is in its infancy. With the major search engines changing and improving their usability constantly, ie geo targetting, personalized search, small businesses , even in a miniscule location like the Isle of Man will eventually realize that they can boost their local trade with online marketing. They just have to realize that potential to add value to their tld.

•••
lets say if you think 80k people are there some die many are new born population scale can never remain the same i assume isle of man to have a population of atleast 250k by 5 years or more :)

talking about renewals name.com had the most expensive at 90 US$ now they are renewing at 12.95 so is domain monster at 12.95

Shahid

•••
lets say if you think 80k people are there some die many are new born population scale can never remain the same i assume isle of man to have a population of atleast 250k by 5 years or more :)
You're kidding right ?

•••

talking about renewals name.com had the most expensive at 90 US$ now they are renewing at 12.95 so is domain monster at 12.95

Shahid

Unless you know something that we don't, I doubt that the population will more than triple in 5 years.

The only way would be for the Manx Gov. to introduce an open door immigration policy like the UK did.

•••
I grabbed Canada.im

What are your thoughts on this?

•••
You're kidding right ?

not really just speculating :)

Unless you know something that we don't, I doubt that the population will more than triple in 5 years.

The only way would be for the Manx Gov. to introduce an open door immigration policy like the UK did.

Anything can happen with time, everyone sees changes. so why not predict something that might take shape into reality.

•••
OK, even if the whole population on the Isle of Man is going to triple in 5 years, it will still be a market smaller than Iceland. I would rather invest in .is domains, as the Icelanders use their TLD extensively. But .im doesn't get much use locally.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back