Dynadot

I'm addicted to regging new & deleted domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ang

Upgraded Member
Impact
I'm just coming back after a 3 year break and in the last 5 days have regged about 25 new or expiring domains and I just can't stop!

5 letter .coms, future tech & insurance domains everywhere!

I think I have a problem... is anyone else finding some nice gems hidden away these days?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ha ha ha. Welcome back to the club. Keep going young man.

•••
Just make a sales plan. Don't wait until you have 500 names before you start thinking.

•••
Yep, still a lot of good buys out there. Good luck mining those gems!

•••
There's always something everyone else left behind. Just make sure it's worth your time and money and have fun with it!

•••
I always have a plan :) And a buget.

•••
When you get the urge, look at your best domain and add another year

•••
•••
I refer to it as a "problem" in a joking manner.

While I am always appreciative of advice, my intent was to discuss recent new and deleted domain registrations with others achieving similar results to mine.

•••
I refer to it as a "problem" in a joking manner.

While I am always appreciative of advice, my intent was to discuss recent new and deleted domain registrations with others achieving similar results to mine.
If you can pay for bills and the necessities in life ....... have fun but yes good to have a budget/plan
~
Always lot's of hand regging in the future tech but you need patience, cheers

•••
I'm addicted to catching deletes as well... though I am getting more and more picky. I don't go for anything less than the "omg, who is letting THAT drop? I have to have it!" level of excitement.
... Which doesn't happen everyday

Last edited:
•••
I'm addicted to catching deletes as well... though I am getting more and more picky. I don't go for anything less than the "omg, who is letting THAT drop? I have to have it!" level of excitement.
... Which doesn't happen everyday

Yes, I agree with that..I keep close eye on drops and only reg 1-2 per day, sometimes none!

There are some great opportunities in other areas eg. .co.uk or .de where the market is not that intense and good domains may still be available to hand reg or pick from drop.

•••
Never really played the European markets much. I exclusively work in .com and .ca

•••
•••
You should share what you've regged.

•••
I got "choose car insurance" dot com today... not the strongest but has traffic and decent cpc

Some decent 5L .coms too, not as strong as 4L but only cost me reg fee and a bunch have a bit of existing traffic

otfdc
lrlhb
adslz
uinlo

Regged a few drone related .ca and then a bunch of insurance related .com

But my spending spree is coming to an end. I usually give myself 2 small spending sprees a year then the rest of the time is being picky and purging.

•••
Also got a bunch of less desirable ones with decent backlinks to test traffic but a lot are going to be thrown back in the next couple days

•••
I even write about it every Saturday. See my "At the garbage dump" series on my site.

•••
Not bad I love registering off expired lists. I use the domain club program with godaddy saves me few dollars. I register 10 or so a week keyword dot coms. park them and usually sell couple for 500 or so each a month in spare time or on breaks. it's is addictive.

•••
Yes, I agree with that..I keep close eye on drops and only reg 1-2 per day, sometimes none!

There are some great opportunities in other areas eg. .co.uk or .de where the market is not that intense and good domains may still be available to hand reg or pick from drop.

2 domains a day for a year is just about $7k. Good luck with doubling you money.

•••
I got "choose car insurance" dot com today... not the strongest but has traffic and decent cpc

Some decent 5L .coms too, not as strong as 4L but only cost me reg fee and a bunch have a bit of existing traffic

otfdc
lrlhb
adslz
uinlo

Regged a few drone related .ca and then a bunch of insurance related .com

But my spending spree is coming to an end. I usually give myself 2 small spending sprees a year then the rest of the time is being picky and purging.

I think you should slow down and only register domains that have obvious end users.

Your 5L's above look poorly, there is 11.8 Million 5L's available in each extension so selling them could be very difficult.

Try making a list of potential purchases and reanalyze it before you make decisions on registration.

Last edited:
•••
2 domains a day for a year is just about $7k. Good luck with doubling you money.

Fasthosts.com offers .com and .co.uk for GBP 1 only , for first year :)

Moreover I have recently started domaining, so need to build a quality portfolio, of about 500 good quality names.

I get 1 yr to think what to do with it, if not, I would let them expire after an year.

Last edited:
•••
I was addicted too but (the fear of) renewal fees made me sober again ;)

•••
Fasthosts.com offers .com and .co.uk for GBP 1 only , for first year :)

Moreover I have recently started domaining, so need to build a quality portfolio, of about 500 good quality names.

I get 1 yr to think what to do with it, if not, I would let them expire after an year.

I think you've got that the wrong way around. You should be thinking what to do with them before you buy them. I personally think it's impossible to build a quality portfolio from hand-reg domains. You should post about your experiences, after 1 year.

•••
@stub, probably you are right..

I do think about potential business / usage before buying and then go to buy one or two a day, out of the 65000 or so drops a day...so 2/65000, I am very picky :)

I have attached my portfolio, would love to hear your view if you have 2 min to have a quick glance!

That would be appreciated.

Attachments

• nimtree_domains.xls
    15.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back