NameSilo

I'm addicted to regging new & deleted domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ang

Upgraded Member
Impact
I'm just coming back after a 3 year break and in the last 5 days have regged about 25 new or expiring domains and I just can't stop!

5 letter .coms, future tech & insurance domains everywhere!

I think I have a problem... is anyone else finding some nice gems hidden away these days?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One don't have to be a veteran in domaining to get the idea of finding and acquiring really good and potential domain assets, to flip or develop. And a newbie don't have to start-up in this business by hand-registering available domain names to flip, that are harder to sell.

Sometimes (actually, most times) it pays to read other investors' mistakes and success stories in domaining, both right here on NP and on domain blogs, before spending a dime on any name.

To be really successful in domaining (domain investing) is largely a capital play, IMO. There are new domainers with investable capital, spending $X,XXX on (aged) valuable .com names and selling for $XX,XXX. These type of names usually sell themselves and are attractive to potential end-users.

Other factors that may positively affect ones' success in addition to capital, is patience and good negotiation skills.

Even some potential names with good resale value and end usage, can be bought for $XX - $XXX and flipped for 4-5 figures.

It is also better to go for domains that are pronounceable and passes the radio test, as these type of names are more attractive to end-users and increases the probability of potential sales.

•••
•••
frequenturination.co.uk

not certain why a business would want to call themselves that nor how I would build a website that earns any money from that name. Don't get caught up on search volumes, just because google shows there are a few thousand searches for a term doesn't mean it must have value as a domain name. Focus on names that you would consider using for your business name if you were launching a startup in that niche.

judge

•••
buying a domain are good things and its not bad things! sometime I buy 10 or 20, or even 50 domain, and then I keep them and let them expired or renew if they still have power! and then buy again and again! :) if someone give an offer, tell them, why not reg domain at godady or namecheap :D its only $10 lol! but if you want my domain, price are 2k usd! most of the time, they will shock, with the prices, cause hand reg $10 sell to 2k usd! I am sure some ppl will think that's dreaming! , well actually not, cause my domain are special :P lol!

I am joking, cause I am really addicted to domain , cause it can save my time and labour works ;) lol

Why sell a domain, why not keep it!

•••
Hi first post here. I've recently got into reviewing names that have dropped now a million so far these past weeks, way too many hours and have to agree there are a lot of questionable names that speculators registered in the past. Unbelievable.... really. It's amusing really the X-rated ones especially. Does anybody here know of any websites that we can post deleted names that we are not interested in, however somebody else might be? You guys seem like you share info, I would do the same and post those I have no idea about marketing, but someone else might?. I have no problem sharing them. As there are some decent ones I've seen, that still are available now even a week later after being dropped. If this topic has been covered elsewhere on an older thread, I could not find it. I just think that for us as individual's, who have bought what they want to on spec' could post those ones still available immediately for others to buy.

For example the past few day's- anybody can grab these 2 name whole words all are available now I just checked them all as of 2:16pm cst.

instrumentprecision.com (reverse of precision instruments)
cafebags.com (a company that sells coffee bags imprinted)
blockease.com (perhaps a telemarketing company blocking device, ha.)
controldock.com (some computer device ... who knows)
anyswipe.com (computer or some sort of card reader)
acousticvibrations.com (vibrations monitoring equipment end user)
hydrotough.com (some water/liquid impervious material manufacturer)
wheatlessness.com (Gluten free novel name)
bourbonworks.com (some expert site for bourbon drinkers, who knows)
originaldesire.com (some adult "help" site, novelty)
airlogger.com (Air data logger for aviation)
biogenmed.com (bio genetics company end user)
chordstudy.com (guitar or piano chords, lots of website on this subject but... who knows)
bullsh-tblocker.com (Removed the "i" , laughing at this one, lot's of uses for that, novelty)

•••
Hi first post here. I've recently got into reviewing names that have dropped now a million so far these past weeks, way too many hours and have to agree there are a lot of questionable names that speculators registered in the past. Unbelievable.... really. It's amusing really the X-rated ones especially. Does anybody here know of any websites that we can post deleted names that we are not interested in, however somebody else might be? You guys seem like you share info, I would do the same and post those I have no idea about marketing, but someone else might?. I have no problem sharing them. As there are some decent ones I've seen, that still are available now even a week later after being dropped. If this topic has been covered elsewhere on an older thread, I could not find it. I just think that for us as individual's, who have bought what they want to on spec' could post those ones still available immediately for others to buy.

For example the past few day's- anybody can grab these 2 name whole words all are available now I just checked them all as of 2:16pm cst.

instrumentprecision.com (reverse of precision instruments)
cafebags.com (a company that sells coffee bags imprinted)
blockease.com (perhaps a telemarketing company blocking device, ha.)
controldock.com (some computer device ... who knows)
anyswipe.com (computer or some sort of card reader)
acousticvibrations.com (vibrations monitoring equipment end user)
hydrotough.com (some water/liquid impervious material manufacturer)
wheatlessness.com (Gluten free novel name)
bourbonworks.com (some expert site for bourbon drinkers, who knows)
originaldesire.com (some adult "help" site, novelty)
airlogger.com (Air data logger for aviation)
biogenmed.com (bio genetics company end user)
chordstudy.com (guitar or piano chords, lots of website on this subject but... who knows)
bullsh-tblocker.com (Removed the "i" , laughing at this one, lot's of uses for that, novelty)
https://www.namepros.com/forums/available-domain-names.106/
thanks for your generosity :-D

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Other addictions could be more harmful. Consider yourself lucky :)

•••
IMO a domainer should be more addicted to finding and researching domains and industries to the point of exhaustion, playing with words, and making as educated as possible choices than simply regging names.

One must resist the rush of registering a domain name. One way to curb the urge to reg is to come up with a step-by-step process you go through before registering anything. The process could involve trademark checks, availability checks across other TLDs, appraisal tools, comps, Google this, Google that, and what have you. But more important than the specific steps in the process is the process itself. It gives you time to think and forces you to put your mind into the name. And usually saves you the reg fee...

Sucky part is that you really have to go through the process 100k times before you're able to recognize the good stuff from the lottery ticket fluff.

•••
Or sell our junk to. :-o

Not sure if this was directed at me, but post your junk or pm it to me. I don't mean trash like 123yzx.com or nonsense, there are words and phrases that can be remarketed, you never know. The saying "One man's trash....". I retired selling junk, slow moving or non-moving inventory is my gig. I'll even share the profit as I would rather broker it anyway.

•••
The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem. Don't reg a domain without a solid plan for what to do with it. Otherwise, you are probably wasting your money.

•••
I am also new to domaining. Bought couple of domain names back in 2013. Figured domaining is not suitable for me. So, I quit. But, as fate would have it, I once again started domaining in July 2016. Bought 4 names which I now believe is crap. I am also getting addicted. But as advised by senior members, quality matters over quantity.

These are the four domains: (Bought each domain for $5-$15)
savefuel.org
rectangles.info
brownie-recipes.com
cd-rom.co

Last edited:
•••
I am also new to domaining. Bought couple of domain names back in 2013. Figured domaining is not suitable for me. So, I quit. But, as fate would have it, I once again started domaining in July 2016. Bought 4 names which I now believe is crap. I am also getting addicted. But as advised by senior members, quality matters over quantity.

These are the four domains: (Bought each domain for $5-$15)
savefuel.org
rectangles.info
brownie-recipes.com
cd-rom.co

Oh wow, definitely those are poor choices for domain names with probably zero potential buyers.

You need domain names like:
  • RoanokeInn.com
  • RiteCapital.com
  • WetWebcam.com
  • Pensionable.com (dictionary word)
As you can see, these are domain names with potential end-users, brandable and are very valuable.

If a domain name does not make sense, then it makes no dollar.

Good luck!

•••
frequenturination.co.uk

not certain why a business would want to call themselves that nor how I would build a website that earns any money from that name. Don't get caught up on search volumes, just because google shows there are a few thousand searches for a term doesn't mean it must have value as a domain name. Focus on names that you would consider using for your business name if you were launching a startup in that niche.

judge

Domain names aren't just about business name. they are like information storage cubes too.
In the UK where there is a huge aged population, health problems like frequent urination (due to diabetes and other illnesses) gets frequently searched.

Put a useful article there which will praise your new medicine/device/ test monitor and boom, you don't pay CPC to google for promoting your business but still target the most relevant potential customers...

Hope this help? By the way, its my domain, which already has offer of GBP750 :)from a company that makes nappies for adults.

Last edited:
•••
Domain names aren't just about business name. they are like information storage cubes too.
In the UK where there is a huge aged population, health problems like frequent urination (due to diabetes and other illnesses) gets frequently searched.

Put a useful article there which will praise your new medicine/device/ test monitor and boom, you don't pay CPC to google for promoting your business but still target the most relevant potential customers...

Hope this help? By the way, its my domain, which already has offer of GBP750 :)from a company that makes nappies for adults.

Just to prove the point:
Headache.co.uk sold for GBP 505 on Domainlore.uk (Aug 2016)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back