Domain Empire

If it's back in 1995, what domains would you register

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

djum

Top Member
Impact
Let's make some dreaming here.
Load your butt into Delorian and go back to 1995. Get out and start registering domains ;)
Let's assume that all LL.com and NN.coms are taken. What kind of domains will you jump on then?
Let your fantasy force be with you. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you asking us because you actually plan to travel back in time in a Delorean? And follow-up question.. Is your name Marty McFly? ;)

Aye! I hope he doesn't make out with his mom!

•••
Hello,

Just all available LL, LLL, NN, NNN, NNNN, LN, NL .com that were available + all available 4 L .com dictionary words.

I think that portfolio would have been enough for me. I am a modest guy. ;)

•••
All the keywords related to technology, travel, business and services

•••
when a lot of people would be fighting for mortgage, insurance and other domain, I'll peacefully buy Google and facebook.com.

You forgot Apple.com :)

•••
I would wait till all you guys got out at 1995, hang back, close the doors and head on back to 1985 where the real action would have been had !

•••
and even Paully Shore is there

•••
NNN/LLL

NNNN/ LLLL (CVCV)

Top 100 Firstname

Top 100 City Name

and one word domains.

Interesting Thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
I wonder what the prices of 4L will be in 2025.

•••
•••
•••
I decided to be generous and left AskJeeves.com and AOL.com to someone else.

•••
i would grab the best type-in domains that i could find and wait for a few years to be able to park them and invest the revenue in numerics and LLL.com

Let's assume that all LL.com and NN.coms are taken. What kind of domains will you jump on then?

if i could register only 2 and the obvious ones like hotels.com, sex.com etc. are not available... i think poker.com + 360.com would give good results.

and too keep it purely numeric without using the alphabet 888.com and 360.com seem like a good choice.

Last edited:
•••
The answer for most of us would be every damn thing we could think of, but realistically (as realistic as time travel thinking can be) we'd have to cover reg and renewals for 20 years and likely teach our historical self who may be 10 years old how to manage all these domains etc. And remember we are trying to make sure we hook up the parents so we'll even exist so time is limited.

I'd grab vodka, tequila and lasvegas which were still available.

You forgot Apple.com :)
Actually he got "Sorry, your name is not available" :laugh:;)

•••
Interesting thread.

I think everything I'd of liked to register has already been mentioned.

I was just too late again for the second time :)

•••
I was just too late again for the second time :)
Don't get upset, remember:

"This is absolutely the most exciting time we can possibly hope to be alive. And things are just starting" :)

•••
I got my first Apple computer in 1998, so in 1995 I would not think of word "Apple" at all. What more about "Facebook"! After all, it is a combination of 2 words, and who will predict the success of this name in very far future?

And going back to dreams... I will register all popular one word dictionary domains!

•••
Wait a minute. It would be a total waste of money registering anything in 1995 as you could only renew maximum 10 years into the future, and so it would have expired 10 years before you got back home.

Time travel doesn't fit well with domain registration. Better just go forward in time get a "historical" football scores book, come back bet on the games and get a steady ever increasing income for the rest of your life. (until one of these other time travelers screws with history and messes you up of course).

•••
Wait a minute. It would be a total waste of money registering anything in 1995 as you could only renew maximum 10 years into the future, and so it would have expired 10 years before you got back home.

Time travel doesn't fit well with domain registration. Better just go forward in time get a "historical" football scores book, come back bet on the games and get a steady ever increasing income for the rest of your life. (until one of these other time travelers screws with history and messes you up of course).

How about go forward and pick top sales list from namebio (I'm sure there will be lots of better resources in future)

Then we can able to get real "deals" based on our future sales list.

If any $XXXXX & $X,XX,XXX name available for handreg, I'm sure most of us will check coupons in "Godaddy thread" before regging them for $10 :)

•••
he answer for most of us would be every damn thing we could think of, but realistically (as realistic as time travel thinking can be) we'd have to cover reg and renewals for 20 years

what were renewals back then ? free or $100?

You forgot Apple.com

Register that in 1995 and travel back to find out that you are bankrupt from all the lawsuits and legal fees.

Last edited:
•••
what were renewals back then ? free or $100?

Register that in 1995 and travel back to find out that you are bankrupt from all the lawsuits and legal fees.

apple can mean apple as in fruit, would be hard to win that lawsuit

•••
I wonder what the prices of 4L will be in 2025.

with the way things are going now min. 5 figures, billionaires and millionaires being created every second it seems

•••
@AEProgram - They were millionaires already judging by the number of domains being registered at, what was it, $72/yr at NetSol.

•••
My first name (Jamie) .com for sure, purely a vanity thing.

In terms of money spinners, general terms like insurance(com), holiday(com), sex(com), hotels(com) etc.

•••
WordPress.com
WebDeveloper.com
Sex.com LOL

•••
I would have registered Cars.com and built a company on it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back